Author Topic: Health Bars are bad for you!  (Read 237 times)

Rowdy Burns

I just want to make it clear that I think the health bars shouldn`t be in the game at all as it spoils the immersion. Keep the body and mechanical icons yes, but get rid of the health bars please!

The sounds and great graphic effects you are producing should say everything.

mordax

I just want to make it clear that I think the health bars shouldn`t be in the game at all as it spoils the immersion. Keep the body and mechanical icons yes, but get rid of the health bars please!

The sounds and great graphic effects you are producing should say everything.

I agree, healthbars turn the game into a kiddiefest. only thing i hate about Wreckfest, is the part that you have some stupid "damage meter". like how can my engine take damage when i smash into something with my rear end? they should remove this nonsense and make it more realistic. so that if your front bumper falls off, then radiator and engine will take damage.
if you ram with your rear end, then you can keep on going for as long as you want. if car gets pancaked so bad that damage reaches rear wheels, then rear wheels should either jam or fall off, but you should still be able to drive if you have FF drive.

HOWEVER a driver healthbar wouldn't be bad idea. driver healthbar should re-generate. so you can take lot of small hits, but if someone hits you in the driver door under right angle, then race can be over for you if you don't have a rollcage installed.
or if you take lot of small hits in series, then driver "dies" and you'd get DNF. or if car gets smashed so bad that driver no longer fits in the seat / gets smushed. that would be quite cool.