Author Topic: Game crashes since last update  (Read 387 times)

SpruceMoosey

A few of us have been experienceing game crashing since the latest update, seems to mostly happen when trying to join a multiplayer server.

3 of us are affected so far.

FalconXY

I had that since the last update, March 3 while ALT-TAB out of the game because I try to make a mod.

Mostly after second ALT-TAB, game crash without error (dissapears) or the game is still open but totally black screen and I have to kill game process.
Wreckfest x64 on Win10 64bit
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

Finsku

Did you install latest hotfix, which came yesterday?
There was some problems on that hotfix, so BB had to rollback original March 3 update back.

Verify your files from Steam to be sure files are okay.

FalconXY

For me no latest hotfix only March3 update.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Don't try to switch task (alt+tab) if in fullscreen mode, use borderless windowed.

FalconXY

OK thank you Janne. I will do. But before the update it never crashed with fullscreen. :)

Can you check out my last blue smoke XYZ orientation post in the Modding thread please ?
Can I do something to correct the emitter orientation ?

Thank you very much.

Janne Suur-Näkki

It didn't? Ever since we transferred to DX11 it's been pretty unreliable for me but I'll test too.

Purple44

Don't try to switch task (alt+tab) if in fullscreen mode, use borderless windowed.

I do it all the time when I modding custom track. Switching between Wreckfest, Stuntfest, Bagedit and few open Windows Explorer windows.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 09:48:37 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Daystar

Yeah same here, I alt+tab sometimes, and never had any issues. using trusty ol' Windows 7. damn windows 7 is just so stable! is why I keep it!

SpruceMoosey

Yeah were still having this issue, even verified.     It happens when you try and fail to join a multiplayer server as well, when you click try to reconnect, it crashes.

Also when first starting it always says game version does not match for a minute before you can do anything.