Author Topic: hard coded admins  (Read 524 times)

looony

is it possible to have hard coded admins in the server config file ? is yes how....?

Finsku

No. Only way to add admins/moderators is with server commands.
But that command saves the admins/moderators information somewhere, maybe with that file you could hardcore admins.
I tried to find, but closest file where it could be saved is
C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\wreckfest early access\dedicated.ddst
... which is encrypted. I can see some data about my own server, but that's all.

looony

the console commands do not seem to be working, not the kick, ban, make moderator, or make admin

sam223

? in console get get the list of commands.
Most user commands work with player id e.g /admin 1
/kick 1
/ban 1
/bansteamid <steamidhere>
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

St. Jimmy

But that command saves the admins/moderators information somewhere, maybe with that file you could hardcore admins.
... which is encrypted. I can see some data about my own server, but that's all.
Couldn't you open that with BagEdit? There was some file where that stuff is stored and you could open it.
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

looony

Couldn't you open that with BagEdit? There was some file where that stuff is stored and you could open it.

What is "BagEdit" ....?

sam223

What is "BagEdit" ....?
I dont think you can add permissions that way
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 02:33:19 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad

Finsku

I dont think you can add permissions that way

What is "BagEdit" ....?

Why I didn't think about that. *facepalm*
I opened it with BagEdit and it looks like it could be possible BUT the areas, where you can put Player IDs are untouchable.
As you can see on my pic I have 3 different admins/moderators on my server.

BTW, I'm running two Wreckfest server on the same PC and looks like it stores both servers' staff information in one file.
On public server I have one admin and on private another (and me).

About Bagedit, that's Bugbear's modding tool, which is stored on Wreckfest folder under BagEdit folder

The Very End

If fields are locked / not able to write in, try to move the file to a mod folder, change the values and put it back into the original folder.

sam223

If fields are locked / not able to write in, try to move the file to a mod folder, change the values and put it back into the original folder.
They arent locked, just the permissions section gives no clues on who is already assigned permissions. Just a ordered list,no steam id or anything.

looony

well....

it was super nice meeting all you kind fellas, i will have to give that bugedit thingy a try

i will reply back with success or failure update !