Author Topic: Crash cam/replay?  (Read 246 times)

Homer

Ive been thinking about the idea of a crash cam/replay(kind of like in Burnout) in Wreckfest.
I noticed that a lot of crashes that were caused by me(eg. pushing an opponent of the track, so he crashes into a wall) i dont really get to see which i find kinda of a pity, since Wreckfest has some
of the greatest crashes in racing games.
Thats why i think an optional crash cam/replay, that is triggered right after a crash, would be a great addition to the game.
What do you guys think?
It's a joke. It's all a fucking joke

Soulburn

I agree. A full on replay editor similar to the one in Driver 3 would be awesome. The crashing in Wreckfest deserves
to be showcased like this.
AMD Threadripper 1950X/GTX-1080ti/32GB DDR4/WIN10

Purple44

There is replay mode where there a lot of options to view replay.  :D

Be warned you can't rewind replay, since replay is created on the fly by data Wreckfest save. There no frame by frame recording of the races.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Homer

A replay mode isn't really what i was thinking about tho. I know about the replay mode in Wreckfest. What i meant was an instant replay that gets triggered when eg.  a specific amount of damage is done to an opponent. It should be simple and quick, nothing that interrupts the gameplay for a long time and you need to think about.

Soulburn

My apologies Homer. I went right off topic with wild dreams of an editor.
On the subject though, while online today someone mentioned a "highlight reel" of fantastic and notable crashes
after each race that would play after each single/multiplayer race ended. That sounds cool and wouldn't need to be in the
way during heated battles.
AMD Threadripper 1950X/GTX-1080ti/32GB DDR4/WIN10

mordax

Ive been thinking about the idea of a crash cam/replay(kind of like in Burnout) in Wreckfest.
I noticed that a lot of crashes that were caused by me(eg. pushing an opponent of the track, so he crashes into a wall) i dont really get to see which i find kinda of a pity, since Wreckfest has some
of the greatest crashes in racing games.
Thats why i think an optional crash cam/replay, that is triggered right after a crash, would be a great addition to the game.
What do you guys think?

crash cam like in burnout? NO! HELL NO! that would turn this game into a "kiddie fest" ... burnout is game for little drooling children, while wreckfest is more focused on experienced drivers and realism.
however i did come here to post similar idea, that crash cam should only exist in a reply. I call it "action cam" instead. Carmageddon Reincarnation has one, it doesn't work well tho, but idea is there.
idea is to simply focus the camera on a car that took the most damage.

and also it would be cool to have replay camera editor, so you can set your own cameras and save the preset for the track, so you can set your own cameras on trackside and then use that preset on the same track again.

Homer

crash cam like in burnout? NO! HELL NO! that would turn this game into a "kiddie fest" ... burnout is game for little drooling children, while wreckfest is more focused on experienced drivers and realism.
however i did come here to post similar idea, that crash cam should only exist in a reply. I call it "action cam" instead. Carmageddon Reincarnation has one, it doesn't well well tho, but idea is there.
idea is to simply focus the camera on a car that took the most damage.

and also it would be cool to have replay camera editor, so you can set your own cameras and save the preset for the track, so you can set your own cameras on trackside and then use that preset on the same track again.

Although i don't agree with your opinion on Burnout i definitely get were you're coming from.
While starting this threat i already realized that some people would absolutely despise this idea. That's why i wrote that it should be optional.

After causing a hard crash a pop up message could appear on the screen for a few seconds asking you if you want to watch a replay of that crash by pressing a specific button. This could pause the game and start the replay. After the replay is finished the game could continue.

This message should be deactivatable in the options menu of course.