Author Topic: Game runs very poor (low fps)  (Read 874 times)

Hornspeed

Hi first of all english is not my native language pls forgive me i will try to describe my problem as good as i can and i hope someone can help me.

I didnt play the game for a long time and decided to play it again this march because there has been so many new patches.
Last time i played i used an GTX 780ti and the game ran smooth on high with good fps.
Now im using an GTX 1080ti and it doesnt matter what kind of graphics settings I use in the Menu i get 35 FPS and in game 12 Fps.

-I verified my game data
-I reinstalled the game
-I looked through my nvidia control panel
-i even changed the resolution to a lower one

everything didnt help i really want to play this game even more after the new patches ..and after all i paid for it too :(

If someone can help or just has an idea pls just let me know

SPECS:
Mainboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VII
CPU: I7 4790K
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080TI
RAM: 16GB
Hard Disk: SSD Samsung EVO 250 GB

If you need more information just ask me.

Thank you

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 09:12:38 PM by Hornspeed »

sam223

tried alt+enter?
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Hornspeed

I just tried it didnt help

Finsku

Have you tried to reinstall Nvidia's drivers?

Hornspeed

Yes I got the newest Nvidia driver.

Purple44

This is a desktop computer, not a laptop?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Hoppen

Another thing to check, is the card installed in the top slot in the motherboard? (The x16 slot), people have reported bad performance when it's not.

What resolution are you running? With your setup, i'd expect well over 60 fps in everything except for 4k, and even that should be higher than what you're reporting.
Xeon e3-1231v3, 16GB, GTX 970, Win10 64bit, Xbox 360 Pad

Hoppen

Just looked up the motherboard, you have two x16 slots, as long as you haven't installed the card in the bottom slot you should be fine, make sure it's in one of the red slots.

Hornspeed

Hello guys

yes the card is installed in the x16 slot
Its a desktop PC
and im running it on 2560x1440p

Hoppen

I guess next thing i'd try would be to install a monitoring program like HwiNFO64 to see what's going on, should be able to pinpoint the problem if you have a look at the readout while inside a Wreckfest race.

Is it only Wreckfest that has issues, have you got high fps in other games?

St. Jimmy

What's your GPU usage % when the fps is low?

Also you're not the only one having issues with 1080Ti http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,10455.0.html
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Hornspeed

So i dont got any problems with other games like Wolfenstein 2 or pubg or CoD
Its just Wreckfest with this very low FPS
Im going to download the monitoring program tomorrow and give it a try and will tell you the usage of my GPU

I also just read the other thread about the guy that seemingly has the same issue like i do, are the developers aware of this ? I mean maybe its something with the game idk i just really want to play it.

Heddly

Hello guys

yes the card is installed in the x16 slot
Its a desktop PC
and im running it on 2560x1440p

Try lowering the resolution and other graphic settings, if it helps try changing one setting at a time, Grass texture should 0 or disabled because it creates the biggest slow down on FPS

Janne Suur-Näkki

No, we are not aware of anything extra ordinary going on. The game is pretty demanding especially when maxed out and/or with a high resolution but your system should give a pretty good framerate with medium shadow quality, low or medium grass density and 2x to 4 x MSAA - more or less stable ~60 fps even with many cars.

Please do check the GPU usage as well as temperatures.

Hoppen

Just thought of another thing, check settings, network tab, client prediction time, a high setting on that will have a massive affect on your fps, I have mine set to 1556ms currently. Although I think this will only have an affect when playing online.