Author Topic: Game runs very poor (low fps)  (Read 1494 times)

bistoukette

which proves that the game has poorly optimized

Paul_B

Strange , I can get between 60 - 100+ FPS on a GTX 1060, settings with a mix of medium to high. But I have seen this on various game forums were one guy will have issues could this be a rouge GPU ?
Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 1060 6gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel/ Thrustmaster  T3PA Pedals / Logitech G27 Shift

Hornspeed

Hello guys

I downloaded the HWinfo Software and "played" the game with it if you can call it like that with 10-20 fps sometimes even lower.
Results= GPU Temp: 63 Celsius max. and Usage was 100% im not into this kind of stuff but for me those results seem pretty normal right tell me if you need some more stats from that if it helps.
I also lowered the resolution again and turned town settings step by step nothing changed ... im really desperate because nothing seems to help.

Hoppen

100% usage and 63c are both normal, but that's really baffling to me that a 1080ti could be at 100% usage and have only 10-20 fps. I have a 970 and have far better performance than that.

I wouldn't mind seeing a screenshot of the HWinfo, in case I can spot anything abnormal, perhaps the clockspeed is running massively underclocked in the game for some reason?

Also, in NVIDIA control panel, is power management at "prefer maximum performance" ? Are you trying to run any kind of vsync? Don't use the ingame vsync, if you want vsync, set it in the control panel.
Xeon e3-1231v3, 16GB, GTX 970, Win10 64bit, Xbox 360 Pad

St. Jimmy

Yeah at that fps the GTX1080Ti GPU usage should be like 10% because the game shouldn't stress your GPU that much at those resolutions. Interesting that it stresses the GPU to that hot temps and high usage.

- Are you really sure you're not running the game super sampled to something like 8K resolution? Check it from the Nvidia Experience.

- Also are you sure that you're running the GPU at x16 bandwidth? Check that with something like GPU-Z.

- Not sure if it could be even possible but double check that the game runs with the GTX1080Ti and not iGPU. Put -setup in the game's launch parameters in Steam and check the Render Device. I guess some newer HWiNFO can even read GPU stuff because my HWiNFO can't read GPU stuff or it's actually reading the iGPU...

iGPU can achieve 10-20fps at 720p resolution :D
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Hornspeed

I just double checked everything it runs on my x16 slot the resolution is 2560x1440p MSAA is turned off and the rest on medium or something but that doesnt matter i tried every graphic setting nothing helped the FPS was always the same.
I just made a screenshot from the HWinfo but idk how to upload it here or am i allowed to put a link inside here i will just try it   

https://imgur.com/a/LqhGw

so maybe something is wrong there.

Hoppen

The only thing I notice on that is that "Total GPU Power" is only at 47%, like it's in some kind of power saving mode? I also see that the "GPU Power" is at 103 watts with 127 max, when a 1080ti should be using over 200 watts
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti,4972-6.html

Do you have MSI Afterburner? On my Afterburner I have "Power Limit" set to 110%, and in game my readout for "Total GPU Power" reads 111.7% on HWinfo.

I'm also wondering, what kind of power supply do you have? Do you have both 8 pin connectors plugged in with separate cables to the supply?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 12:47:01 AM by Hoppen »

Hornspeed

I just changed it but netherless the FPS should not be that low even when the watts is slightly lower right?
I downloaded MSI Afterburner and used ur 110% nothing changed for me tho same FPS ... i think im just a individual case ...

Hoppen

Did the percentage of power used in HWinfo change after you installed Afterburner? I'm now thinking it might be power supply related perhaps.

At 50% usage I wouldn't expect as low as 10 fps though, but it would likely be sub 60 fps, around 40-60 on average perhaps. So it's still a bit of a mystery.

St. Jimmy

Doesn't really look like anything wrong in there. Nice that HWiNFO have got some more stuff in it. I downloaded newest version also :)

Here's comparison picture of what I got with my GTX1070:

Looks pretty same to me.

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Hoppen

Doesn't really look like anything wrong in there. Nice that HWiNFO have got some more stuff in it. I downloaded newest version also :)

Looks pretty same to me.

Huh, you're right, on yours the GPU power is 50% also, so there goes my theory I guess, it's definitely a mystery then!

Hornspeed

https://imgur.com/a/Yt1Rm   

"New" Results its even lower then before idk man its really annoying that nothing seems to help nothing happens no improvement.
Maybe someday there will be a Patch that solves it.

I just saw the other Results and looks similar how much FPS do you get ?

St. Jimmy

https://imgur.com/a/Yt1Rm   

"New" Results its even lower then before idk man its really annoying that nothing seems to help nothing happens no improvement.
Maybe someday there will be a Patch that solves it.

I just saw the other Results and looks similar how much FPS do you get ?
Generally above 60fps. Let's say that usually I get around 60-90fps at 1080p with shadows on low, 2x MSAA, no FXAA, no motion blur, grass medium but everything else maxed. Of course depends a lot how tigthly the cars are packed and what's the track and what part of the track.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 01:23:43 AM by St. Jimmy »

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Hornspeed

Man i wish i had your FPS ... well it seems like there is no solution RIP me.

Heddly

I have had to replace the Power supply in a couple of computers and they displayed strange behaviors from game or program crashes to rebooting themselves.

Just a thought, is there a program to test the Power supply unit?