Author Topic: 360 controllers no longer work after latest update  (Read 293 times)

blackmonday

ISSUE
Since the last update prior to this bug report creation 360 controllers no longer work properly.

DESCRIPTION
In previous versions of the game the only way to get a 360 controller to work correctly with Wreckfest was to launch the game in 32-bit mode. With the latest release the option to launch the game in 32-bit mode has gone and the game only runs in 64-bit mode. This has resulted in 360 controllers no longer working making the game unplayable.

SCREENSHOT/VIDEO
Not applicable

---

Please advise if this will be fixed so I can continue to support this game.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 10:51:43 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »

Janne Suur-Näkki

No intentional changes and works here, anyone else having this issue?

Might be your antivirus software messing with the executable, preventing it from launching.

Hornet66

My 360 wireless works great as of last night. As a matter of fact with the latest update it is now automatically
saved as my default control method....very much appreciated.
AMD Threadripper 1950X/GTX-1080ti/32GB DDR4/WIN10

St. Jimmy

Interesting. I also see no option to choose version when I right click the small Steam icon to launch Wreckfest. It just straight up launched 64-bit without asking. But when I had Steam open and launched the game from the library it asked about the 32 or 64-bit version.

But I imagine many people have used Xbox controllers in 64-bit for quite some time.
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks for chiming in, Soulburn.

As a matter fact, do you have a genuine Xbox 360 controller or a third-party device, blackmonday? The genuine one should of course work without any tricks.

Good point, Jimmy - seems like the desktop shortcut launches the x64 build without asking. Launching the game from the library will bring up the popup to select between x64 and x86.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 10:58:32 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »

Hoppen

No issues here with an official wired 360 controller, have been using the 64bit version since it was released and never had any issue with it.
Xeon e3-1231v3, 16GB, GTX 970, Win10 64bit, Xbox 360 Pad

basti4655

My 360 controller works without any problems, and never had any. It worked great with every build i played since oct 2014.

And the game still asks me if i want to play 64 or 32 bit.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 11:29:23 PM by basti4655 »
I7-6700K, GTX 770, 8Gb Ram, Win 10 64bit

blackmonday

After reinstalling Wreckfest controller support returned. Until the Windows 10 creators update. Now 360 controller mappings in Wreckfest sort of work but not fully. For example, Start is set to pause the game, but it does nothing when clicked; when changing the camera during game it skips ever other view so they're impossible to choose; in the main menu scrolling between items with the left stick is skipping every other item. Basically, the game can't be fully played by controller alone as it used to be.

I've never been able to get my "official" 360 controllers to work with Window. However, I've been using my trusty Razer Sabertooth for a few years now without fail. Only with Wreckfest have these controller issues occurred, other games are working fine.

As no one else has any issue I guess my PC build isn't compatible with Wreckfest. It's a shame as it's shaping up to be an amazing game, hopefully the issue will vanish with a future update. **fingers crossed**

Janne Suur-Näkki

That's odd, never experienced any problems ourselves with your standard issue X360 gamepad.

Have you tried both x64 and x86 executables?