Author Topic: How do I stop fishtailing all over... what do I need to change in settings?  (Read 425 times)

dgrams2003

All along I have been playing with my PS4 pad or my Thrustmaster Ferrari Lengend PS3/PC wheel.

I just recently got a Thrustmaster T150 PS4/PC force feedback wheel...
And now when I play like the basic gravel 1 ... and I am on the straightaways..
I have my gas pedal down, and a just a little turn to the side ends up in a back and forth nightmare, resulting in a spinout.
I don't get that when using my controller...   Is there a setting for the new wheel that is over sensitive?

I am not going to say I am a master calibrator yet.. because I am not... I just want to be able to drive straight without starting to fishtail back and forth.

PC Specs: AMD Athlon(tm) X4 740 Quad Core Processor 3.2 GHz - AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
 - 8.00 GB RAM - Windows 7 64 Bit - Xbox 360 Controller and Thrustmaster FERRARI Red Legend Racing Wheel

Purple44

There 3 steering settings now. With my DFGT wheel I always stayed with 100% saturation over the years.

I would try tweaking steering sensitivity if having troubles keeping car straight down the straightway.

I learn from Race that speed sensitivity help if have troubles getting car to turn in when going into a turn.

But since the Dec 2017 Build release, the stock settings been working well enough for me.

Also a low degree rotation can make steering to sensitive for some, like using 200. I use 240 degree rotation.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 07:14:03 AM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

St. Jimmy

I increased my wheel's rotation from 720 -> 900 and made sensitivity 0 and the feeling is very natural now.

What's your rotation? Sounds like you want to go with negative steering sensitivity. Or if you can go for 900 degrees I really suggest that because it feels very natural.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 12:03:47 PM by St. Jimmy »
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Paul_B

dgrams 2003

Good choice of wheel btw , I have a TX with T3pa pedals. As your new to FFB wheels you may need to adjust your driving style.

Tips,

Drive in car cockpit cam
Don't mash the gas pedal full time
If the car starts to fishtail, lift off the gas an counter steer (opposite way ) it should self correct

Start out with a smaller Euro car, the American muscle are pron to fishtailing

Wheel setup, check your Thrustmaster control panel before going into game. Pump the pedals an check steering rotation 540>900 is the most realistic.

Edit: shows T500 in pic but the numbers are what you need for setup, let us known if this works for you ?

« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 05:20:20 PM by Paul_B »
Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 1060 6gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel/ Thrustmaster  T3PA Pedals / Logitech G27 Shift

Paul_B

@Purple

I don't know how you drive with such a low steering degree, that must be really sensitive on the wheel. Have you tried a larger rotation ? I would never go under 540, at 200's it's the same as a controller.

Nvida GTX 1060 6gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel/ Thrustmaster  T3PA Pedals / Logitech G27 Shift

Purple44

@Purple

I don't know how you drive with such a low steering degree, that must be really sensitive on the wheel. Have you tried a larger rotation ? I would never go under 540, at 200's it's the same as a controller.

240 degree is what the old MOMO wheels used. Got my first MOMO for Flatout 1. :) Work well for MOMO, so stuck with it with the DFGT wheel.

240 give you full tire wheel turn right and left at 3:00 o'clock and 9:00 o'clock. I don't find this being to sensitive. I do know players that use 200, that would be way to sensitive for me!

And when you wanting to use handbrake and look back , the flippers, be harder to do if you were rotating wheel much more.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 05:51:44 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Paul_B

Purple,

I actually started with the none FFB Trustmaster F458 wheel (270).  Then upgraded to the DFGT an now with the TX, but once I set to 900 would be hard to go back to it.

If it works for you don't fix  :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 05:59:42 PM by Paul_B »

Hi!

To stop fishtailing you must just lift gas pedal up.  8)
Nothing Beats Cubic Inches --- Bigger Is Better

Corsair Carbide Spec-03, AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6 Mb Cache, 2 x Asus Radeon R9 270X 4 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 Gb, Acer G276HL, Logitech G25, Win 7 Pro

Frozeni

I would never go under 540, at 200's it's the same as a controller.
I do know players that use 200, that would be way to sensitive for me!

Using 200 here with t500rs, especially in multiplayer where you have to do really fast corrections it helps alot :) Accuracy wise there is zero problems ^^

mordax

All along I have been playing with my PS4 pad or my Thrustmaster Ferrari Lengend PS3/PC wheel.

I just recently got a Thrustmaster T150 PS4/PC force feedback wheel...
And now when I play like the basic gravel 1 ... and I am on the straightaways..
I have my gas pedal down, and a just a little turn to the side ends up in a back and forth nightmare, resulting in a spinout.
I don't get that when using my controller...   Is there a setting for the new wheel that is over sensitive?

I am not going to say I am a master calibrator yet.. because I am not... I just want to be able to drive straight without starting to fishtail back and forth.

you need to learn to drive lol. this is normal behavior on gravel. i play with a controller and i'm doing perfectly fine, however i do have ABS on full. for some cars i turn the Traction control on half. stability always off.
also differential lock is something you should set on open if you dont want to "fishtail" all the time, but that's just because you're a beginner and need to learn racing. look at all those fools on youtube with real cars who wreck their expensive car, because they think that if you go in straight line and just floor it, then it's easy as 1 2 3 ... NOPE! you need to learn to gently apply acceleration and counter-steer before things get out of hand.
i'm a professional racer in real life and in games, it's so easy to prevent "fishtail"