Author Topic: Chat problems on MP  (Read 360 times)

Finsku

ISSUE
Chat problems while multiplaying. Some of other players had also problems with chat.
I thought I was only one with the problem, but two guys from Discord said they had also problem to write. One also said he got some lag spikes.

Restarting server worked, but I had to restart my game that I could write again on chat. Without the restarting game the chat window looked normal.

SCREENSHOT/VIDEO
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 10:08:24 AM by Janne Suur-Näkki »

Janne Suur-Näkki

That's odd. Any idea on how to repro reliably, I guess sadly not?

Finsku

That's odd. Any idea on how to repro reliably, I guess sadly not?

Sorry no at this moment. It just happened, we couldn't remember what we did to cause it.

Zebulon55

Something similar has happened to me a couple of times before. In online chat, spacebar works, but alphabet keys do not. Restarting game fixes it.

I play with the keyboard, so I just assumed I had hit some key or combo that caused it.

I have had a keyboard freeze while driving before too. Car goes full speed, can't steer. Lol.
But that only happened a couple of times several builds ago.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Edit/
I should add that this chat bug happened maybe most recently in December or January, and only affected Wreckfest. I was able to Shift-Tab to Steam and message Purple44 that I was re-starting Wreckfest and would be right back.
It maybe happened once or twice previously over the course of a year, so not a frequent issue at all.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 09:13:53 AM by Zebulon55 »
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.