Author Topic: last wishes before final version  (Read 2411 times)

FelixRaven

Hello Bugbear Friends!

As far as I see the progress in the current state of the game, I think we're very near to see the final touches, and the game is going to be ready to be launched very soon. I want to thank you here, that you didn't give up when crowdfunding didn't succeed, but you decided to make the first pre alfa version, and let us play, and tell our thoughts. Sometimes we waited for long seasons for the next versions, sometimes the progress seemed a step back, but now I really like the game, and it is really fun to play with it. I think it did worth the effort, and from our side, the patience.
But let me list some last wishes, and some bugs/odd things. Please allow me to put it here, and not at bugs, I want to follow only one post.

1. it happened, that when there was a restriction in cars at a certain race (for example European or wagon, the right car was chosen, but still the game didn't let me to start the race until I changed the car, and changed back it to the previous one again.

2. the sound of chasing cars is still sounding from a shorter distance than they are. It should sound farther by 20-30 per cent. (This time not only smaller cars, but all.)

3. What does a sedan do in an all wagon race? There is that dog bone shaped mud arena. There was an all wagon race, but I saw some sedans. Here is the screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1349634091

4. The hands of the drivers don't move when they turn the steering wheel, when you watch them in replay. (Maybe the hands don't move while the race itself, but I couldn't check.)

5. Viewers and stewards/marshals look very stupid. They look mostly in one direction. They just stare into the air even if you hit the wall half a meter from them. I think they should follow the cars and they should react to events. (What do they look at here? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1349694341
If they don't, it would be better, if they aren't there at all. (I will have some more arguments about this in the 7th point of this list.) I also made this screenshot of two twins. It seemed really odd: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1349633503 Here also: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1349707239

6. The problem of backward tracks. I think some tracks didn't get the necessary attention from the track builders. I mean, on the same field there is a main circuit, which is as cool as possible, but if there is a shorter or longer track, or if the race happens in the opposite direction, things are not perfect anymore. The minor problem is, there are stewards/marshals and viewers, who don't look at the race. It is just looking funny. Which is a bit more problematic: turn distance markers are missing (which would have been pretty useful, if they were there). I think, if you make a backward race on the same track, some slight adjustments are very needed.
And also, the biggest problem is, sometimes backward races contain very dangerous objects, which aren't problems in the main direction, but in the backward version they kill many cars. An example picture: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1349633777

OK, I admit this "danger" can make the game more fun, but I see a big inconsistency here:

7. The lack of the sense of adventure / illegality. What do I mean by this? In Flatout, and Flatout 2 the races were (or at least seemed) illegal. You raced on construction areas, closed race tracks, mines, farm roads, etc. There were no spectators, no stewards, no marshals. Now we got marshals, that means the race is official, but the track (when race is in the opposite direction) is as dangerous, as an illegal race. Which is not a big problem, but remove the viewers, and stewards or marshals! Make the race illegal! You even can make a story line there, like your biggest rival comes to you after the race, and asks you. "Hey, you were just lucky, I want a revenge, do you care about a little "overtime" race? I know the janitor, he lets us in. The other guys are also in. Meet at the tracks at 7 pm." And I jsut recalled: there were night races in Flatout 2. This way you can put night races also into the game, even with a story back up. ("Let's meet at the track at 10 pm!") OK, you can add some viewers, as there are viewers at illegal races too.

8. You still have to exit the race day, even the tournament to change things on your cars. This is unnecessary! Please make available the garage (assembly and customize) on race days!

9. Sometimes it is still a pain to navigate in the menus. Sometimes you have to hit arrow keys in not logical direction to make one menu item highlighted, and only after this you can navigate with the arrows.

10. Please put "last lap time" constantly onto the screen during races! If you want to see how worse or better you did in your last lap, you can only see it for some seconds. On certain laps this mean you cannot see it, because in that time you have to watch the track closely, you cannot focus on the timer, because if you do, you will crash.

11. Please put more information about the coming track/race on each race's load screen: number of laps for example. I would love to see a concept art of the track, or a birds eye view of it.

12. Please give us back player standings on the tags during races. It is very useful. You would see your progress in giving laps to opponents for example. I really enjoy long single races if I can give laps to all ai cars. This reminds me to one thing: meanwhile in the first league I could hardly keep the pace with other cars, in the fourth league, I can pass all the cars in the first lap, sometimes before the first curve. I could give a lap all ai cars under 10 lap on Tarmac 3 (main direction) and by the end of the race, I give 2 laps to the four last opponents. Not as if I didn't enjoy this, but I think this needs a slight adjustment.

13. Why can't I rip off open doors? I could never rip off any opponent's open door by passing by their cars. This would be fun, even worth to give extra XP points for it.

14. Rain? Fog? The already mentioned night races? Slippery parts on the track? I think this would add to the fun...

15. Sandpit 1 alt route hairpin curve. Please don't make it figure of eight! It kills the race. Give us back the old, simple U turn!

16. Please give us real characters as ai players. In Flatout, and Flatout 2 it was really fun!

17. Please give us back te opportunity to buy 5-6 speed gearboxes. I don't like that I don't have the freedom to buy different gearbox, only to use the one the car comes with.

18. Strange reflection on tarmac. As you can see in the middle of this picture, there is a causeless red reflection in that is not right I think. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1349701658

19. Draw distance problems. I have an over average hardware, all settings are pulled to the max. The mobile concrete track boundaries get their finest texture too close it doesn't look too nice this way. Also, on Speedway 1, inner track, the lamps on one lamp post get their shadows only when you get close.

20. Destruction derby, my car wrecked too soon: as you can see on these pictures, my car was in a pretty intact state, but still it was indicated as in the state of critical damage: Pic#1: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1349699483 Pic#2: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1349699964

I hope this list contains at least some elements that are important to others too.

Thanks, and have a nice Easter!

Gabor
Asrock s1150 Z87 Extreme 4 || Intel Core i7 4770K BOX (1150) - 3,50GHz || 2 X CORSAIR Vengeance DDR-3 8GB/1600 KIT LP Blue (CML8GX3M2A1600C9B) || Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8G Turbo  || SSD   SAMSUNG 2,5" 840 EVO Basic 250 GB SATA 3 (MZ-7TE250BW) || HDD   Western Digit

Purple44

Hope you don't mind FelixRaven if I add my wish list to your thread.

1. Please bugbear add player position back to the name tags so I can easily see who in first when hunting the leader. I like to hunt the leader of the race online in fig8 and oval races. Would really like to have position number back, so I know I'm targeting the right player and I can let him go when I see position number change to 2nd place.

Also still not a fan of the black background around player's name. I think the transparency you see in above pic is better!

All them black boxes hides the cars behind them.  :(

2. Please remove this fence or move it back some on the Sandpit 1 track!

3. This major bug for AMD video cards really need to get fix:

I would think Bugbear would want this issue fix by final release day.

If MSAA still an issue for AMD cards, it going be brought up in reviews I think.

I still have not heard if this a problem with all AMD video cards. Or do some computers don't have this issue with their AMD card, but same AMD card in another computer has MSAA issue?

If it depends on which computer an AMD card is in, if MSAA issue show up, then maybe the problem not with AMD drivers. If MSAA issue is showing up with all AMD video cards or just certain series AMD cards, then it more likely be a driver problem.

So is there anybody out there with an AMD video card that work just fine with MSAA enabled?

4. Make hiding health bar an option, especially in derbys. And have it be a host option online that effects all players so you can't see the other players health. Will have go hunt the smoke signals.   :P

5. I'm still hopping we will see a 5 second delay reset option, especially for online. PLEASE.  :D

6. Wish the exploding gas bottle make a return again!  :)

The return of the gasbottle

Bad news guys, the exploding gas bottle is no more in current January 2018 Build.  :( :( :( :(

New gas bottle pretty looking, but now just a static object. No boom!!  :(

The 2 gas bottles are part of the rack stand. Gas bottles just there for looks now, it seem.  :(

Janne, will we see the return of exploding gas bottle sometime in the future?

7. Wish server moderators would have the option to change tracks again!

Players in the lobby will request tracks or ask to do a derby, be nice that moderators can do this if there no Admin around.  :D

8. A random track, random car, random mode. The game pick a random track, then random car for all players to use for that race\derby and a random mode like race or derby, last man standing or deathmatch. I really, really would like to see this feature online. I miss the random track mode we had modded into Flatout 1.

For random car, make it a random rental car so all players would have the car.

9. For online, a symbol or maybe a check mark, to show if player is using no assists, in the lobby.

10. Wish normal damage mode would more likely have a tire come off when player is real low on health, like when we first got to use the EL Matador.  :D

11. Still need a fix for team racing and team derbys with the team indicators hard to see!!

But doing Team derby, even thou the player names are fading back in sooner ( tweak helped ), can still be hard to tell if you are heading straight into a teammate car or the enemy. May have to swerve at the last second to avoid hitting teammate head-on.

It been suggested Bugbear could paint the cars team colors:

As for the other issues, are we mainly talking about the player tags not being displayed prominently enough?
In Team racing and Team derbys, It hard to tell, before it to late, if you are hitting friend or foe, now!

Instead of making the UI icon more prominent and distracting. Would a solution be to let the game take control of both paint and livery colour in team racing? Then you could have mostly red cars vs mostly blue cars, vs mostly yellow etc depending on what team you are on. Then you don't need the UI at all to see whose on your team and you can tell what team it is as long as the car is in view.

Ya the guys online thought that be a good solution too. Have the cars paint be the color of the team player is on.  :D

But which solution be easier to do for Bugbear, change paint color or change the color of player's name?

Janne, will we get the numbers back next to players name? So we know who in 1st, 2nd, etc?  In Team Racing I would leave 10th place rival player alone. I target rival players that are in the top 5 spots.

1.Purple44

Sam, that's actually a brilliant idea.

But I do see one problem with team paint jobs, when I'm going head-on towards another car, will be tough to see a team paint job. If I'm coming from the side, then I can see team paint job.

So I would like to suggest the team indicator color be a long color bar so be easier to see from a distance:

Between team car paint and a team color bar, I think we be plenty happy online doing team derbys and races with these changes.  :D

12. Wish I could have the loop checkpoint back.  :D

13. I also would like see Bugbear finish the second track on Mixed 2.   :D

Jump to 7:55 to see the Mixed 2 track:

Janne, if Bugbear does not plan on making second track on Mixed 2 track map race-able, please let me know and I will see about doing it. I don't want get started on it, if Bugbear going to do it.  :P

My last wish, I know trailer races and snow tracks will not make it into final version, but I hope see both some day. :)

Bugbear would like to give us trailer races someday, they have done some testing.  :D

https://twitter.com/bugbeargames/status/865571252513234944

I'm thinking Bugbear will need to DNF your car once your trailer is de-hitch from car, so only players with a trailer still connected to car can finish race.

Trailer\ caravan races be a great why for Bugbear to show off their soft body damage model. :)

Want snow tracks? Let Bugbear know here.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 03:18:48 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Tonza

I want my tall 4 speed transmission back

Zebulon55

How about track, bot add/remove , and reset on/off voting online when no admin is present?

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

SkinnierSteve

1. First of all, my biggest complaint. Please, get rid of the Health Bars, it doesn't make sense for a tactical derby game. The mechanical damage should cause the car to wreck, not a health bar. Having it like that will actually give a reason to be tactical, driving in reverse, trying to hit other cars's engine with your rear, and so on.

2. Trailer races would be awesome and chaotic, think, 24 cars, figure 8, pieces of trailers flying everywhere.

3. Radiator damage needs to be separate from engine damage. Damaged radiator should gradually damage the engine. The more damaged radiator is, the quicker engine will damage, etc. More expensive radiators should obviously take more punishment, or if you put armor around it.

4. Classifieds to buy parts and cars in random conditions and random quality that gives a random performance. you should be able to see how good the part is before you buy it though, so you're not buying blindly.

5. Career mode with random gen events and a calendar system instead of a specific set amount of events. It will give the game a much longer longevity. Then you won't be able to beat the game, and you will keep getting new events to compete in with a random amount of laps, random rules, random car class and random car type.

6. Repair system after races where you can bond with your car as you fix it, upgrade it, etc. repairs and upgrades should work similar to car mechanic sim. Body damage can be hammered out. Other broken parts needs replacement. If you feel lazy, you can hire a mechanic to fix it for you automatically. You can tell him to equip specific parts to the car as well though.

7. Cars need to get dirty from mud and sand, and get scratches from rubbing against cars or other stuff.

8. Visual damage needs some more tweaking. It looked more realistic in the March 2 update than in March 3. In march 3 update it looks weird.

9. Little details like red hot glowing brakes, fluid leaks, etc. Also, oil leaks should cause slippery surfaces where oil is dropped.

10. Even more car parts and customization, including the ability to do custom sprays on your car where you can draw whatever you want on the car with a spray can.
Specs: Windows 10 pro 64-bit, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 ROG STRIX Edition, Intel core I5-3470 3.20 GHz quad core, 16 gigs of ram, 700 watt huntkey power supply. Controller: Xbox 360 wired 
Steam name: SkinnierSteve
youtube channel name: SkinnierSteve

Rowdy Burns

My last wishes are...

- The game to play and feel more toward sim than arcade

- No health bars

- More dust clouds and tyre smoke

- Less smooth looking and a bit more attitude to the game

- Dynamic dust/dirt on cars while racing

- Night time arena events

- Working bonnet, boot, door pins and bolts

- Pit repairs between race heats offline and online in championship races say to try and make a car last 3 heats

- Caravan races

- Drift battle events

- Online multiplayer special events such as... Capture the flag and Five a side football

- Online multiplayer races... No rules and Suicide events

- UK Bangers on console

Granted a lot of the above can be made later for DLC content but they are my wishes never the less.

Keep up the great work Bugbear!

FelixRaven

19. Draw distance problems. I have an over average hardware, all settings are pulled to the max. The mobile concrete track boundaries get their finest texture too close it doesn't look too nice this way. Also, on Speedway 1, inner track, the lamps on one lamp post get their shadows only when you get close.
Here are the screenshots for this pont:
The missing lamp shadows on the lamp post:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/913543086402864532/0915D9BD8E6257884FA626C3A81502092829C2C7/
Refining the texture too close:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/913543086402862829/E75A2FED7E08785A4FCA11D16C3B8D68D53B2307/
It happens only on this track.
Asrock s1150 Z87 Extreme 4 || Intel Core i7 4770K BOX (1150) - 3,50GHz || 2 X CORSAIR Vengeance DDR-3 8GB/1600 KIT LP Blue (CML8GX3M2A1600C9B) || Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8G Turbo  || SSD   SAMSUNG 2,5" 840 EVO Basic 250 GB SATA 3 (MZ-7TE250BW) || HDD   Western Digit

Purple44

About draw distance, I hate seeing grass grow as I race around the track, like on Sandpit 1.  >:(

Bugbear, would it be possible to double the current draw distance or give us the option to increase draw distance in the setting menu, x1, x2 and 3x settings? please

The Very End

Create a mod for it ;) The files to change are the surface files. Here you can increase the veiw range of clutter up to 1000m. To counter insane fps drops reduce the total amount of clutter in the surface file so that it balances out itself.

FelixRaven

Create a mod for it ;) The files to change are the surface files. Here you can increase the veiw range of clutter up to 1000m. To counter insane fps drops reduce the total amount of clutter in the surface file so that it balances out itself.
Since it is a one event problem, I think it is a bug to fix, not a feature to mod. :-)

The Very End

Agree, a slider or option would be best.

Finsku

Shall I add some my wishes  :P

Gameplay
> Health bar visibility. Should be visible in short radius (max 10m maybe)? (Derby games doesn't need health bars imo..)

> Mud and sand textures on cars. Dirty cars. New car would be clean, but after races it gets dirty. You have to clean cars (with one button press, costs xx$) to get your shiny car back.

> Working doors. Maybe not gonna happen, because doors would need own hitboxes...

> Parts would have different conditions when buying. Player could decide how much money to spend to get parts. Game shows lowest price and highest price, part with lowest cost is in bad condition (red indicator in-game) and highest cost is in great condition (white indicator in-game)

> Old cars has parts with great condition (white indicator in-game). Why? Those are old cars. Old cars should be old parts, which are in bad condition.

> Little things. Red brake pieces. Clouds moves. Envrionment natural movement (wind, tree shakes if car hits it). Electric poles sparks when car hits. Car sparks?!

> AMD problems.

Multiplayer
> Admin could choose grid order. Now it's based of your global best lap; players with slow times will always start on head, fastest on back. Grid order by lap times / by random / by last race order / ...

> Multiplayer roles and customisation. Admin could decide roles and customize them. Admin could create multiple roles. For example, everyday player on server could have a role to switch track.

> New commands. !skip (vote to skip track), !help (requested player only see server commands), ...

> Admin could enable/disable from server...
> - Difficulties (is ABS on? Everything OFF? Manual only?)
> - Health bars ON/OFF
> - ...

> Free road mode. With this I mean players could join racing any time. Server has a time counter to show how long free road mode lasts. After that event ends.
> I started to think this mode because we Finns have a Sunday Night Wreckfest club and we're practising to get great lap times and find right car setups.
> With this mode players could join to server and start to race right away. Server could count total laps and lap times for players.
> Would also work with derby arenas.

> API. Players could make server lists on webpage to show players, names, times, ... you name it. Give players a freedom to create amazing stuff.
> For example: Automatically updating list on webpage, which shows cup's points. Shows best server lap times. Online game times.

I will update this when I get more ideas. Game is almost ready, so I tried to write ideas which could be possible to implement before final release.

TheEngiGuy

My last main wish is more realistic and dynamic car physics like in the early builds.

Phen248

A few things I would like to see come final release.

Priority:

-Improved dust and dirt. Earlier builds of the game had it down nicely, now the cars barely make any smoke at all.

-Tracks with variation in scenery/terrain. Don't get me wrong, the folksy-theme is solid for the tracks we have thus far, I'd just like to see some tracks with more variation in the future to mix things up and avoid having all the tracks feeling the same. Doesn't matter if its snow, beaches, jungle, desert, canyons, or whatnot.

-Sam's idea regarding team racing, having the cars' liveries changed to match their respective team colour.

-More vehicles; the more the merrier. I personally would really like to see a Porsche 928, AMC Gremlin, or Lincoln Continental Mk2 in the future. Though other unique-looking vehicles would be nice too, maybe a GMC G-Series van perhaps.

-More grime & dirt on the cars.

-Improve the animation for the fire in your car at critical health.

Give or Take:

-More destructible set pieces on the tracks. Maybe wooden cabins, outhouses, barriers, just something extra to add a little more debris to the chaos.

-Driver customization. Just something simple like a selection of different helmets & suits, along with colour sliders.

-The option to edit the names of the ai drivers in-game. Mostly for the benefit of console players.

-Suicide races with half the grid going in the opposite direction. This was discussed before, along with the problematic technicalities of making such a mode. Still, one can dream.

-Certain dev-approved mods such as Trackfest to be offered on console.
Fan of: MotorStorm, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, Baja Edge of Control, Dirt 2, Dirt Showdown, The Crew, and of course, Wreckfest.
PC Specs: Potato - Console of Choice: PS4

Purple44

-Driver customization. Just something simple like a selection of different helmets & suits, along with colour sliders.

Would be nice to color helmet and racing suit so all can see online. :)