Author Topic: last wishes before final version  (Read 1817 times)

FelixRaven

Three more ideas:

1. I liked that hood view in Flatout 2, which was more similar to real driving: it set the camera point from the center to the side where the steering wheel was. Please give that us here too!
2. A center mirror at the top part of the screen. It is quite useful to see what's behind. It is a feature in most car games, even in very simple ones, why not to build it in? Pleeeease!
3. Nitro. Since the environment is destructible, it seems to be a good idea to follow the tradition, at least is a specific game mode.

One plus thing: I like health bar, so make hiding it only an option please!

BTW does anyone from Bugbear follow this thread?

Thanks,
Gabor
Asrock s1150 Z87 Extreme 4 || Intel Core i7 4770K BOX (1150) - 3,50GHz || 2 X CORSAIR Vengeance DDR-3 8GB/1600 KIT LP Blue (CML8GX3M2A1600C9B) || Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8G Turbo  || SSD   SAMSUNG 2,5" 840 EVO Basic 250 GB SATA 3 (MZ-7TE250BW) || HDD   Western Digit

St. Jimmy

1. Please make it so the hood doesn't start to flap in front of you as quickly as it does now. Let us bolt it or something... The cockpit view is useless because of this if you want to have any competitive racing. Very big issue at least with the KillerBee.

2. More Advanced controller options. Deadzones and sensitivities are needed.

3. Let us remove key assignment with some button like Esc.

4. Situational awareness indicators and virtual mirrors are needed especially for clean racers. At least with the current sounds it's impossible to know if someone is 1m or 10m away from you.

5. Remove or give option for that ridiculous auto roll back. It doesn't look good at all and there's no need for that since there's reset button.

6. Joker laps
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 12:20:40 AM by St. Jimmy »
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

soloracerx

3. Nitro. Since the environment is destructible, it seems to be a good idea to follow the tradition, at least is a specific game mode.

No, no, no, I hope they don't do this. This is something for crazy racing games like BurnOut. Any form of boost option immediately discredits a racing game. Nitro is cool in full arcade games, but I hope this game is more of a simcade. I wont buy the game if they add turbo boosts. Just my humble opinion.

Nacho159

It wouldn’t hurt to have nitrous as an option, off by default. Someone will make a mod if they don’t add it

Purple44

It wouldn’t hurt to have nitrous as an option, off by default. Someone will make a mod if they don’t add it

Nitro not fine online when some players use a nitro trainer for unlimited nitro like we saw with stock Flatout 2.  >:(
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Daystar

I don't think it is even possible to mod a nitro bottle with power to the engine into the game.

FelixRaven

Please don't make players start again a race day if they finished qualification, or semi final. If I have just 15 minutes to play for example, I cannot proceed in my carrier, because if I exit after qualification, Wreckfest makes me start again the whole day. It is very frustrating.  Thanks!
Asrock s1150 Z87 Extreme 4 || Intel Core i7 4770K BOX (1150) - 3,50GHz || 2 X CORSAIR Vengeance DDR-3 8GB/1600 KIT LP Blue (CML8GX3M2A1600C9B) || Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8G Turbo  || SSD   SAMSUNG 2,5" 840 EVO Basic 250 GB SATA 3 (MZ-7TE250BW) || HDD   Western Digit

Soulburn

Better collision sounds, more metallic and less "thump".
More refined engine sounds that are specific to cylinder count/displacement.
Have entire wheel and assemblies/axles/drivelines detach and become debris hazards.
Have trunklids/hoods more secure and deform with the larger structures they are attached to.
Increase roof deformation to allow for realistic "tenting" in major t-bone collisions.
Tire wear and associated performace penalty.
A robust tire logic that allows for players to modify grip and wear properties. Groundmodels?

Insane requests but I had to get it off my chest :P
AMD Threadripper 1950X/GTX-1080ti/32GB DDR4/WIN10

MSPORTBMW

More Stats......
More Laptime info, including fastest lap of the race (whilst race is running) notification and who it was. World record/ friends records notifications..... Maybe show laptop in purple like in F1 when someone does the fastest lap so far. And maybe like someone else mentioned, have your own personal best laptime always on screen.  And maybe give us a choice to be able to make the fonts bigger(laptime ones i mean) for the people whos eyes are not as great as they once were.

Finsku

Yesterday I got one small idea about cars. A way to organize cars while choosing.
Order by class
Order by max speed/acceleration
Over by hp (horse power)
Order by weight

BlacX

I agree that there should be option if I want health bars to be seen or not. And other thing what would make me even more excited if there was option for mechanical damage only.

Since there are a'lot of singe-player type players including me, I am concerned that AI will be kinda bad. AI has only one "ideal" racing line, which you guessed it ALL of them are taking. If there was a way you could maybe make, so there was more lines with much lesser % probability of AI taking instead of the "ideal" line - that way they would spread around and would make racing look a bit more realistic. As of right now if AI hits you, it's because it was accidental, not that they wanted to.

Heddly

I chuckle to myself when I read the title of this topic, it reminds me of a "last will and testament"  :)

My last wish is to be able to save a file of each car's controller settings to allow more customizing of the cars handling. Not all real cars use the same steering system by steering ratio, FWD, RWD, type of suspension, etc.

Vollmer

LMAO . last wishes....this game aint even finish yet.

Vollmer

and no nitro....its ruins the game. or any explosion thing. those things arent realistic. i want an realistic destruction derby game

Snek

Snow tracks
Buses
Vans
Non-bendable driver
Driver animations