Author Topic: Not feeling force feedback now with my DFGT wheel. :(  (Read 469 times)

Purple44

I use to have to set FF down to 65 with my DFGT wheel. Today I got set to 100 and I not feeling the bumps or hitting other cars.  :(

Even restarted computer and wheel has plenty of tension before starting Wreckfest. Tried the Roadcutter and Warwagon and both cars not not feeling things.

And with the wimpy FF, steering wheel turning to easy, so I'm oversteering.  :(

Anybody else have wimpy FF with there wheel?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Paul_B

Purple, check your logitech wheel profile see if anything has changed?

TBH never really got much collision feed back with my TX wheel,, something that developers need to work on.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 1060 6gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel/ Thrustmaster  T3PA Pedals / Logitech G27 Shift

Heddly

I was testing my G27 wheel set up and used Logitech Profiler to set all Force Feedback Device Settings all the way to 150% and checked Allow Game to Adjust Settings. My Degrees of Rotation is 335.

The FF  in Game Settings was 90% was very over powerful, I lowered the Logitech Profiler back too a little over 100%. The FF is feeling better now but may test more with Game FF at 100.

Heddly

I did more testing and these profiles work a lot better for me. Hope this helps.

Paul_B

Set Damper an spring to zero , you are are getting canned false effects at that rate
Nvida GTX 1060 6gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel/ Thrustmaster  T3PA Pedals / Logitech G27 Shift

Paul_B

Thrustmaster settings

Purple44

Turn out it not bug, it me forgetting fricking Win10 like to update my old Logitech drivers for my DFGT wheel to newest version with does not work well with my DFGT wheel.

When this happens, I have to uninstall Logitech gaming software 510 and reinstall 2012 version of Logitech gaming software 510.  GRRRR

Anybody know a way to stop Win10 from messing with the drivers I want use!!?

Paul_B

@Purple,

That happened with my old DFGT that's why suggested checking the profile. Had to dig into my archive for this YT, will get you back on track :)
edit : shows G27 but will do the job

Purple44

I'm back using 65 for Force Feedback setting. :)

But if I unplug my DFGT wheel and plug it back in, Win10 say new device found and update the old Logitech drivers to the wrong DGFT drivers.  GRRRR

Win10 use go for a few months before for some reason updating the Logitech drivers, now it doing all the time!!! I tried this but it did not work:

How to Disable Automatic Driver Downloads on Windows 10

Right click the Start button and select Control Panel.
    2. Make your way to System and Security.
    Click System.
    Click Advanced system settings from the left sidebar.
    Select the Hardware tab.
    Press the Device Installation Settings button.
    Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button.

I'm thinking uninstalling Logitech not wiping the new drivers from hard drive. They still there some where. :(

Paul_B

It's a known bug for sure, I used the fix was okay for me. Maybe a bit of Google & YT for a cure

Daystar

I'm back using 65 for Force Feedback setting. :)

But if I unplug my DFGT wheel and plug it back in, Win10 say new device found and update the old Logitech drivers to the wrong DGFT drivers.  GRRRR

Win10 use go for a few months before for some reason updating the Logitech drivers, now it doing all the time!!! I tried this but it did not work:

How to Disable Automatic Driver Downloads on Windows 10

Right click the Start button and select Control Panel.
    2. Make your way to System and Security.
    Click System.
    Click Advanced system settings from the left sidebar.
    Select the Hardware tab.
    Press the Device Installation Settings button.
    Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button.

I'm thinking uninstalling Logitech not wiping the new drivers from hard drive. They still there some where. :(

Purple you need to get Revo Uninstaller Pro :P it absolutely wipes all traces of any program you uninstall.

Purple44

Thank for the suggestion Daystar. I looked into Revo Uninstaller Pro and saw a post at Cnet about it does not uninstall 64 bit programs. The installer for Logitech is 64bit. So I went with https://geekuninstaller.com/download.

But right now, I did something, old drivers staying installed now. But got Geek Uninstaller running to record if Win10 try install the new drivers.

Daystar

Thank for the suggestion Daystar. I looked into Revo Uninstaller Pro and saw a post at Cnet about it does not uninstall 64 bit programs. The installer for Logitech is 64bit. So I went with https://geekuninstaller.com/download.

But right now, I did something, old drivers staying installed now. But got Geek Uninstaller running to record if Win10 try install the new drivers.

Nahhh newer free version does support 64 bit apps/games etc

Revo Uninstaller 2.0 with full 64-bit support released
by Martin Brinkmann on August 04, 2016 in Software - Last Update: August 05, 2016 - 17 comments

Revo Uninstaller 2.0 Free is the latest version of the popular software uninstallation program for Windows that performs clean-up operations afterwards.
The new version of Revo Uninstaller free,, first update in more than 3 years, does away one of the biggest complaints that free users of the software had for a long time: limited 64-bit support.

Revo Uninstaller 2.0 offers full 64-bit support which means that any installed program, regardless of whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit, is now listed by the program when you run it.
The user interface lists installed programs on start, and for each program size, version, company, install date and whether it is a 64-bit or 32-bit application.

Source: https://www.ghacks.net/2016/08/04/revo-uninstaller-2-0-64-bit-support/

Daystar

So I just noticed that I had 2 versions of Keyshot (art app) and I deleted the older version. gained a bunch more HD Hard drive space I must say... about 600 megabytes well not a lot but some. This app is really good, includes tools to help your system out... hopefully windows 7. but probably not! lols

Come on Purp. giver her a try!        

« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 10:07:44 AM by Daystar »