Author Topic: Cannot join Multiplayer - suspect double NAT  (Read 534 times)

runtbog

Hi,

I've had Wreakfest for the long haul and have enjoyed playing the incarnations.

However - about 6 months ago I changed ISP to Australia MyRepublic for NBN. That's all been fine, no problem with any game or service so far. However, now when I try and join any Wreakfest multiplayer server I  get to the Driver List screen, can change car etc but I have a red (!) next to my name with text 'ports missing' - and I cannot press ready as its grayed out.

MyRepublic does operate a double NAT so although I live in Adelaide my Internet endpoint is in Sydney and I cannot alter any ports etc on my modem (You can pay an extra $10 a month for that privilege). I haven't experienced this issue joining any other multiplayer - Alien Swarm, Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen, Gang Beasts, Humans Fall Flat, Lego Worlds, Portal2 etc...

Has anyone else experienced this behavior? Seems a little strange that the server is trying to initiate a new connection back to me?
Enjoying the single player but would like to see the new updates in Multiplayer! Hope there is a fix or trick I can apply :)

Thanks for your time,

Russell.

sam223

The problem you are encountering isnt internet related. The error is ! part missing,not port. Which means you either have a no part installed in one of the sections (assembly and customize) or you have a old part fitted (from a older build of the game maybe). Once a part is fitted its added to your save game inventory file,so maybe you fitted a part which was later removed/renamed in game.

To Fix:

Go through the entire assembly and customize sections and check every single part has a part installed.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Heddly

The problem you are encountering isnt internet related. The error is ! part missing,not port. Which means you either have a no part installed in one of the sections (assembly and customize) or you have a old part fitted (from a older build of the game maybe). Once a part is fitted its added to your save game inventory file,so maybe you fitted a part which was later removed/renamed in game.

To Fix:

Go through the entire assembly and customize sections and check every single part has a part installed.

I search the bug topics and didn't find anything about this problem. All cars should be able to race online without going through every assembly and customize menu for each car just to join a stock host. They should be ready to race when you buy them. Too frustrating for me to check every part of a "new" car.   >:(

Purple44

Well if wipe the car5 file after every Build release, then rebuy the cars, then will not run into red !  mark online.  :P

As long as Bugbear still fine tuning and adding more parts to some cars, this will be a problem for us that have already bought the cars. Just no way around it unless Bugbear were stop any more development on the cars.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

St. Jimmy

To Fix:

I search the bug topics and didn't find anything about this problem. All cars should be able to race online without going through every assembly and customize menu for each car just to join a stock host. They should be ready to race when you buy them. Too frustrating for me to check every part of a "new" car.   >:(
Just like Purple said, other solution would be that a new save is generated everytime there's a new build, so you'd lose all the cars and process. They could naturally leave old files so people who know what they do could rename the old one ti match the new one. Obiviously that part missing bug would happen for those who do that.
Official Wreckfest Discord
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

sam223

To Fix:

The problem is that the parts in your save file might not be stock if removed or remade any of them
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

runtbog

Parts Missing!!!! [Face Palm]

OK - thanks for the advice everyone - much appreciated - will have a check through my cars.