Author Topic: Having issues setting up server  (Read 630 times)

Zacharyloomis

Ok so I'm getting really frustrated with this. I'm working on setting up a server and cant get any server commands to work. Like trying to set up eventloops or anything. I can't change tracks or let me set admin. I got the portforwarding set up and I can see my server in the lobby but that's as much as it will let me do

sam223

What commands have you tried? Are you typing them in game or in the server console?

Event loop has to be setup manually first in the .cfg file

For admin type 'list' in console
look at player id's
then '/admin [player id here]' e.g /admin 1

For track change type 'tracks' in console
look at tracks available on server
then 'track=[full track name here]' e.g track=theverytrackpack_ringwood

? in console=  full list of available server commands
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:01:00 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Zacharyloomis

How would I set it up manually. The /admin or /op [myself] won't do anything along with most of the commands in the server consol. I don't know how to use commands from In game

sam223

How would I set it up manually. The /admin or /op [myself] won't do anything along with most of the commands in the server consol. I don't know how to use commands from In game
Not all commands work in game,only from console. And you wont be able to make yourself or anyone an admin in game or use any commands.Without setting yourself as admin via console first.

To do that,go in server as a client (alone,no bots). Then whilst in server,type in console /admin 1

For the event loop,look at the event loop section of the .cfg file and remove the #'s
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 09:00:20 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

St. Jimmy

Take screenshot of the commands you've been writing in console so we can say what you might be doing wrong.
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Zacharyloomis

I got it thanks guys didn't know you had to take the # signs out