Author Topic: Help with AI names please  (Read 714 times)

Daystar

Yeah I have a question: How many names can we have in the AI list? I noticed the Nascar Legends has 49 listed in the ai_names_general.txt file I'm not interested in the ai_names_career.txt file.

TT

I'm not sure.

If there is a limit, then probably at least 64. If it's more than that then probably 128. If not that then probably 256.

Crash77

I think the limit's just 23.

Zebulon55

https://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/2549465882929774644/?ctp=2

- jannesBB  [developer] Dec 18, 2017 @ 1:44pm
'The AI names are stored in two .txt files located in \data\property\career.

Be aware that career requires more than 23 names due to the session based races with max 96 participants."

Max 96 participants doesn't necessarily mean max 96 names in file, maybe more are allowed. Or is 96 enough?  ;D
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

Daystar

Well my list of 85 names works  :)                                                                                                                                                    _

Crash77

I think the limit's just 23.

Er, I mean the minimum is 23.

Daystar

Well it's now confirmed 96 works. I will see if 108 works later today.  ::)

Daystar

Well I discovered today that 125 AI names does work. However: Special characters will crash the game! I tried to use Janne Suur-Näkki yes our fave developer, and no go. had to change his name to
"Bugbear Janne" and yay game working again! so it is either the "-" or the special "ä" that refuses to load.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Oh, thanks 8)

Most of the special characters are not supported but they should be just displayed as gibberish and not crash the game.

Daystar

Sure not a problem! ehh so I must ask, how many AI names can we put in? is there an infinite limit?

Daystar

Ok I will just assume it is either 256 or 512  :P

Janne Suur-Näkki

Sorry no idea without checking but it's a lot.

Daystar

No problem Janne, I will find out someday. I can only add so many friends, family, etc haha

The maximum is 1024. You can have more in the .txt file, but anything over 1024 is ignored.

Cheers,
Andrei

PS. If you have _really_ many relatives and friends, we can perhaps make the limit higher ;-)

Daystar

The maximum is 1024. You can have more in the .txt file, but anything over 1024 is ignored.

Cheers,
Andrei

PS. If you have _really_ many relatives and friends, we can perhaps make the limit higher ;-)

Haha no 1024 is quite enough really! it really does help the single player list to have a lot of AI names in it, makes more interesting indeed, the race results!
Thanks for your time Andrei, and Cheers back at ya