Author Topic: April Update – Let's Hear Your Opinion!  (Read 13902 times)

Adenru

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/color][/color][/size][/font][/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]As a racing game player, I prefer to play games like... *[/color][color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/size][/color][/q]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][/size][/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]FlatOut, Burnout, Need for Speed, Forza Horizon[/color]
Forza Motorsport, DiRT Rally, Assetto Corsa, pCARS, Gran TurismoiRacing, rFactor 2

You've put together FO with NFS (you what????) and DiRT Rally with Assetto Corsa... It seems to me I percieve all those games very differently to Bugbear.
Where's Mario Kart?

Hey, why'd you make Crash Canyon worse? I created topic specificly on this issue and was very glad it was implemeted.
http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,10404.msg101249.html#msg101249

DD-Indeed

• MP: It's now possible to disallow the use of special vehicles (lawnmower) on a server

This is a thing, that we've been waiting for almost three years now, I mentioned about this thing back in late 2015, when you introduced lawnmowers. Couldn't care less anymore, since I've seen countless of moments, where army of trolls come in and force people to use lawmowers, or they will be kicked out or banned via voting. And that is poisonous, VERY poisonous issue with the community and gameplay enjoyment on MP.

On your next project (if that ever happens), you should be more aware of these things, since it's only a small amount of coding work and some text, which propably takes about 15 mins to do.

Dalags

For the AI, I definitley feel they should have made up names to give them some personality. When playing Flatout, it's still really good being able to identify familiar AI drivers, and target them when you need to get some revenge.
Whilst there's presumably going to be a lot more AI names than in Flatout, I still think it's worth doing. If they had nicknames like Hitman Harry, or T-bone Tom, it could make the bigger AI range more memorable. If you could go the extra mile and get the AI names to match the cars livery, then that would also add to the immersion. I think having Steam names in single player breaks that immersion and makes it feel a bit too meta, and not like you're racing in an actual event. The Steam names remind you that you're in a game, which isn't a good thing for single player.

On the question of easily being able to see where the tracks go, I think a mini map would be a good thing unless more props and boundary objects are placed on corners etc, which could ruin the grass-roots feel of some tracks. In general the UI is looking a lot better than when I last played though, it feels more clean. A scroll bar slider when chosing between the track and car lists would save a lot of clicks and be a nice addition too.

Finsku

Could there be an option to edit own answers? If I remember right Google Forms has this option, it needs to be enabled from settings.
 :D

Adenru

For the AI, I definitley feel they should have made up names to give them some personality. When playing Flatout, it's still really good being able to identify familiar AI drivers, and target them when you need to get some revenge.
Whilst there's presumably going to be a lot more AI names than in Flatout, I still think it's worth doing. If they had nicknames like Hitman Harry, or T-bone Tom, it could make the bigger AI range more memorable. If you could go the extra mile and get the AI names to match the cars livery, then that would also add to the immersion. I think having Steam names in single player breaks that immersion and makes it feel a bit too meta, and not like you're racing in an actual event. The Steam names remind you that you're in a game, which isn't a good thing for single player.

On the question of easily being able to see where the tracks go, I think a mini map would be a good thing unless more props and boundary objects are placed on corners etc, which could ruin the grass-roots feel of some tracks. In general the UI is looking a lot better than when I last played though, it feels more clean. A scroll bar slider when chosing between the track and car lists would save a lot of clicks and be a nice addition too.
Naming AI fter your steam friends is the way to go. Maybe even use stats on Wreckfest players for AI behavior.

Snek

Bugbear, what about driver area?

The steering wheel is still being bent, driver as well, not to mention the entire driver area is just bendable. Will this get adressed?

Also will we ever see driver animations?

KingOfTheCakes

Really good to see the AI actually trying to ram you off the road now... BUUUUT the problem I've been having with their side-swipes is that there's no weight to them, so they usually just spin out and I'm usually un-phased. They should have enough momentum to throw players off the track, regardless of car size. I know AI is a pain the ass to program, but if there's a way to make the AI weight more balanced to player's, it would be a lot fairer.

Also, I think what would really effect the AI's competitiveness is if they had better car specs when racing. Right now, there's only a handful of drivers that run max spec cars for their classes, I think there needs to be more of these faster cars racing to make things much more interesting.

Besides these faults, I really appreciate that single player is getting more tweaks now. :D I am slightly sad that the Gremlin is no longer a grunty V6 anymore however.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 01:47:33 AM by KingOfTheCakes »
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Snek

Tristar fenders are broken:

http://prntscr.com/j81m5p

KingOfTheCakes

I'd be okay with a map providing it's optional and other players aren't marked on it. It would ruin the tensity of fig-8 racing if players could see if a car's crossing. :/
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 01:52:54 AM by KingOfTheCakes »
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

NicoP

Really good to see the AI actually trying to ram you off the road now... BUUUUT the problem I've been having with their side-swipes is that there's no weight to them, so they usually just spin out and I'm usually un-phased. They should have enough momentum to throw players off the track, regardless of car size. I know AI is a pain the ass to program, but if there's a way to make the AI weight more balanced to player's, it would be a lot fairer.

i hope jane read this, its true they have no weight

Speedevil

I don't think a mini map is needed. There aren't that many tracks so you're going to know all of them really fast.

GittyRivers

Hey thank all your hard work on the new update, but I was just in career mode one thing very noticeable to me is that all the AI's cars whichever they are driving are the same, meaning, you got 7 cars all red with 700 on the side all the trucks same paint logos all the cars of same make have same color and designs. Before the update, they had all different colors designs and logos, made them look more individual. I was in the second set of career mode. 
Keep the shinny side up peeps, and race until the wheels fall off.

TH8

All in all a great Sim / Game...
Not a fan of the 'Vignetting' on my 'Triple Screens'...can this be turned off?...I had a look in the settings but could not find anything.
Not a fan of the almost 'Instant Reset back on the Track'...in Single Player as sometimes I just like to roam around, have a look, then re-join the race...LOL
...keep up the great work.
Win 7 + GTX690 | Thrustmaster TS-XW Racer Sparco P310 Wheel | 2x Thrustmaster TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod | TH8A | ECCI Trackstar 6000 Pedals | Button Box | TH8rs | Asus Strix 7.1 Headphones | Triple Screen 5760x1080

Mopower

People have been complaining about the sound of the Roadcutter. I would say that it sounds pretty good at lower rpms as you have a lot of intake noise. At higher revs it sounds funny though.

Did you know that the 440's distributor is actually towards the front and passenger side of the engine? Right behind the Alternator.

Go BIG or go home!

Dalags

Naming AI fter your steam friends is the way to go. Maybe even use stats on Wreckfest players for AI behavior.
AI names containing underscores, poor grammar, numbers, and generally being inconsistent, not following any particular format doesn't really add to the aura of the game being a finished product. The majority of the names are just not memorable, it looks messy, and could potentially be confusing for new players.