Author Topic: April Update – Let's Hear Your Opinion!  (Read 10626 times)

JohnBlackhills

Amazing update, again a lot of great improvements!

Except this one:
- AI now takes the loop in Crash Canyon only in one direction to prevent the traffic from piling up.

Give it back right now!  :'(
(or make 2 versions of that track)

And also word on this:
- Added sharpening and vignette post-processing effects.

Isn't this "sharpening" shader making problems for lower resolutions?
This is an example how my game looks right now on low settings(except I have set grass on normal) with 1280x720 resolution:

There's a lot of noise especialy on grass and trees in the distance, it's very confusing. I like the vignette btw but both of these shaders should be optional in the settings imo.
My pc reaches minimum requirements and I'm using radeon graphics card atm.

As I said before - random menu background pictures would be great (I hope there's time to add them in the future also wasn't there a competition for screenshots some time ago?  ;))

Keep it up BB!  :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 05:51:36 PM by JohnBlackhills »

Daystar

Thank you Bugbear for the update :D Appreciate the different AI behaviors! also the alternate new routes are fun!!

And just a side note lol
it is so damn cool when you tie a fellow wf buddy!

Sandpit 1 - Short Route Reverse

It is just so damn rare you know? lol Cheers Bugbear Team! you guys rock no doubt. 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 09:11:46 PM by Daystar »

JohnBlackhills

Nice time hahah! Looks like he is in front of u because he had a slower car level I think

JohnBlackhills

Btw just playing online atm and so far I have less fps then before (5/10 frames less) and seen some guys in chat complaining about the graphics - looks uglier but so far I see a lot of people playing (4 servers with 15+ players)

Daystar

Nice time hahah! Looks like he is in front of u because he had a slower car level I think

Lol thanks. but I believe he made that time a long time ago, is why I am under his name.

HemiR222

Well lots of good in this update and some not so good.... vignette - yeah, nah , no thank you... Nope. Toilet duties for a month for whoever approved that God awful idea.
Wrong way icon appearing on tracks that never had the problem before.
Bring back ai going wrong way on crash canyon.
Add a 3 - 5 second delay to reset , or have cars automatically roll back onto wheels after 5 - 7 seconds... Maybe. Only real time reset is needed is when you  occasionally end up over the barriers on the tarmac 8's.

Graphics looks sharper too

Tonza

Dont know if my eyes fooling me but I think the game looks better now. Dont notice any fps problems either just had a good old 24 player online crash canyon mayhem and game run good. Someone launch traffic cone a good 50 meters up in the air!

Daystar

Also I would like to say, if you are suffering from bad FPS please do try St. James cool mod called "Aggressive Level of Detail settings" located over at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1247928725&searchtext=level+of+details

I have that enabled personally, since I have a crappy Radeon card. and let me tell you, it helps a bunch! before I was averaging about 30fps which is not horrible, but now I get about 40 to 45fps.
just throwing that out there for the poor guys lol!

Works Online too! no worries about joining servers when enabled  ;)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 11:28:01 PM by Daystar »

JohnBlackhills

Actualy I was using his mod some time ago on my older nvidia card - still the problem is game ran better in march for me.. well I guess in the end wf will require better gpu with all these new stuff aroudn the tracks and new effects (not fan of that new sharpening btw)

Adenru

Naming AI fter your steam friends is the way to go. Maybe even use stats on Wreckfest players for AI behavior.
AI names containing underscores, poor grammar, numbers, and generally being inconsistent, not following any particular format doesn't really add to the aura of the game being a finished product. The majority of the names are just not memorable, it looks messy, and could potentially be confusing for new players.
Tell me who your friend is and I'll tell you who you are.

Daystar

Actualy I was using his mod some time ago on my older nvidia card - still the problem is game ran better in march for me.. well I guess in the end wf will require better gpu with all these new stuff aroudn the tracks and new effects (not fan of that new sharpening btw)

I am really curious what your PC specs are... cannot be worse than mine I believe.
and hopefully Bugbear will optimize for specific cards/systems before final release.

Daystar

And by systems, I mean what you got in your box +OS ver.  how much ram, motherboard manufacture, year etc... nah forget all that, I believe they optimize by what type of graphics card you have.

Cyraxus

Just a quick question; Why did you change the Roadslayer GT's default paint job? It was honestly fine as it was, now it looks far too bland in comparison to other options on many cars. You've removed pretty much every sponsor logo on the car leaving only the numbers and the "Simmons" on top of it, which, on a big car leaves a lot of empty space.

On the topic of liveries, I think that each car should have at least one racing oriented livery with numbers, sponsors and cleaner body work, and another minimalist derby livery with grime and scratches, etc. There's a number of cool cars in the game that suffer from bland liveries (Hotshot is a good example) or have too much damage by default (Tristar with it's replacement fenders).

It'd be neat if there was a system that allowed others to see custom liveries online, or some other system such that the game encouraged people to go out and make custom liveries for their cars.

KingOfTheCakes

I can't help but notice not much has been done about the OP Fwd cars as well. I'm not that amazing at this game, but every time I jump into my maxed out fwd cars, I always end up setting laps 2-3 seconds faster than I did in a rwd. These cars are so overpowered it's killing the balance.

Surely lowering their maxed out PI would be enough to fix it? The poor old Rocket is only allowed 269, so why is the Nexus allowed to be 310?
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

The Very End

Anyone from BB that can shed light on why cars on modded tracks now spawn under ground at start of race?. Started happening after last patch.