Author Topic: April Update – Let's Hear Your Opinion!  (Read 16811 times)

Tonza

Please bring back the front mask for the Starbeast

Adenru

Just a quick question; Why did you change the Roadslayer GT's default paint job? It was honestly fine as it was, now it looks far too bland in comparison to other options on many cars. You've removed pretty much every sponsor logo on the car leaving only the numbers and the "Simmons" on top of it, which, on a big car leaves a lot of empty space.

On the topic of liveries, I think that each car should have at least one racing oriented livery with numbers, sponsors and cleaner body work, and another minimalist derby livery with grime and scratches, etc. There's a number of cool cars in the game that suffer from bland liveries (Hotshot is a good example) or have too much damage by default (Tristar with it's replacement fenders).

It'd be neat if there was a system that allowed others to see custom liveries online, or some other system such that the game encouraged people to go out and make custom liveries for their cars.
Please bring back the front mask for the Starbeast
They've also removed my favourite Rammer paintjob  >:(

Finsku

Bring back ai going wrong way on crash canyon.
yes
Add a 3 - 5 second delay to reset
yes...
or have cars automatically roll back onto wheels after 5 - 7 seconds... Maybe.
NO

Adenru

I can't help but notice not much has been done about the OP Fwd cars as well. I'm not that amazing at this game, but every time I jump into my maxed out fwd cars, I always end up setting laps 2-3 seconds faster than I did in a rwd. These cars are so overpowered it's killing the balance.

Surely lowering their maxed out PI would be enough to fix it? The poor old Rocket is only allowed 269, so why is the Nexus allowed to be 310?
Holy ****! I've used Nexus for the first time and got significally bette result than with cars I used to race a lot. That says something. Maybe FWD are supposed to be OP at such speeds like in WF, however they need a downside somewhere else while faster mechical degradation which would actually affect perdomance. Currently I don't even notice if mechanical damage has any effect on cars at all.

Heddly

Bring back ai going wrong way on crash canyon.
yes
Add a 3 - 5 second delay to reset
yes...
or have cars automatically roll back onto wheels after 5 - 7 seconds... Maybe.
NO

You could set the car to be able to only reset when it comes to a complete stop, that way you would be able to watch the excitement of it tumbling around which could be enough time to stop taking advantage of reset
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 12:58:48 AM by Heddly »
I7-2.9 Ghz 8GB, Radeon R9 200 4GB   http://www.moddb.com/mods/foj-community-mod/addons

TPEHAK

My opinion is the game is great now, the latest update is very good, graphic is crispy and juicy, and I love the physics and the cars handling. Just needs a little user interface polishing, like blend the background of the loading animated sign with background of the screen, currently is looks unfinished and sketchy.
LAPTOP GIGABYTE P35X V3 || INTEL CORE i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHZ ||NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980M  8GB GDDR5|| 16GB RAM || 103GB SSD || 1TB HDD || WINDOWS 10 HOME

CFodder

Saw the tweaked resets so thought goody and re-enabled resets on our server ... that lasted about 2 races and we disabled them again. People were resetting the minute they hit a wall or collided with another vehicle and in one instance when the were in the air after hitting a sign or bank so basically whilst it is a small improvement it's sadly not enough. Please, please, please make a server side configured period a car has to be stationary for, that can range from say 0 to 10 seconds, before the reset can be used so admins can apply it as they wish.

Adenru

Saw the tweaked resets so thought goody and re-enabled resets on our server ... that lasted about 2 races and we disabled them again. People were resetting the minute they hit a wall or collided with another vehicle and in one instance when the were in the air after hitting a sign or bank so basically whilst it is a small improvement it's sadly not enough. Please, please, please make a server side configured period a car has to be stationary for, that can range from say 0 to 10 seconds, before the reset can be used so admins can apply it as they wish.
I've been saying this from the beginning: poeple aren't against resets, poeple don't want resets tobe used for gainging advantage, resets must be punishing and punishing resets are way more welcome than stupid automatic getting on wheels.

Caley19

Word on resets:

- Add 5-10 seconds delay between pressing the reset button and car beeing reseted.

- Add Reset timer HUD/UI bar above player's car so other players can see how much time does that player have to wait until reset(this will give other players information if they should or not hit player who just pressed the reset button)

- I've seen this same method in trackmania on cops and robbers map and it works very well, never seen anybody complaining about it.

I think players should use reset button only when they are stuck or somewhere far away from track, or just lost on wrong place on the track and not for example when they hit a wall in full speed and instantly resets.

Make a quote if you find this idea useful for our busy devs to see it  ;)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 03:50:43 PM by JohnBlackhills »
Also known as John Blackhills.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Hotfix out for the April Update!
  • Fixed a number of menu system related crashes.
  • Vignette and Sharpening effects can now be enabled/disabled in the Settings menu.
  • Random AI players with derby liveries no longer appear in racing events.
  • Changing Tristar Front Fenders no longer results in the game crashing.
  • Speedbird Rear Wheel 3 now has the correct texture.
  • In a number of weathers dust is no longer too dark when in the shade.
  • In Replay, when entering free camera the camera is is now dropped in the current car position.
  • Various minor environment art improvements and fixes.

TPEHAK

I do not thing timer above player is good idea because of player can abort reset process and decide to go out with no reset. It is just confusing useless informations taking space on the screen.
LAPTOP GIGABYTE P35X V3 || INTEL CORE i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHZ ||NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980M  8GB GDDR5|| 16GB RAM || 103GB SSD || 1TB HDD || WINDOWS 10 HOME

The Very End

Chance to hotfix the starting grid change? It really wrecks the track mods.

St. Jimmy

There seems to be one pretty annoying crash still. When you play in a server, quit server/multiplayer and then try to go back in multiplayer/server browser, the game crashes pretty much every time.
Official Wreckfest Discord
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Daystar

There seems to be one pretty annoying crash still. When you play in a server, quit server/multiplayer and then try to go back in multiplayer/server browser, the game crashes pretty much every time.

Has happened to me as well! about 6 times so far. Game just totally locks up, and I have to force task manager to end the game process.

Caley19

I do not thing timer above player is good idea because of player can abort reset process and decide to go out with no reset. It is just confusing useless informations taking space on the screen.

Yeah that's true - good point, but if this kind of reset system would be in the game players who can move(and by that I mean aborting the reset action) wouldn't need to use reset at all - because if they do they will need to wait 5-10 seconds and risk that someone can crash in to them - so better try to move your car out of danger. Of course yes you can still use reset even if you don't need it that much - but instead of trolling with it other players, they will know exactly when your car will reset thanks to that timer.

Also thx for hotfix! I can turn these new post processing effects off finally  :) Still don't know why it looks so bad and noisy when others saying it's looking good... maybe old radeon card(HD7700)? I don't know.
Also known as John Blackhills.