Author Topic: April Update – Let's Hear Your Opinion!  (Read 16747 times)

Luc34

April update:
- cool new graphism improved !
- some cool new paints and parts
- thx fort the handling improved with the Lawnmower, more stable (you still can do a little better I think ! ;) )

but

seriously what's your problem with dammage gestion ? they were good again, and then AGAIN you make the cars abusively fragile ?
its a little boring to see it coming again.
it was fine, stop touching it dudes.

For me just add some new universes of tracks (and new tracks / cars ) but the game is ok.

Hope it will not last so fragile, anything else is cool ! :)

Purple44

Found this thread over at the Steam forum. Like to post it here to make sure Bugbear Devs see it.  :D

Interface vehicle selection "before - after" example.

Quote from: KeeperMK
To improve readability, I propose the following example

before:

after:

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Caley19

Nice idea but there's too much info everywhere. I like the text position asi it is now, it just needs to have some dark background frames. Personaly I don't like both colors in new UI deisgn the orange one and the yellow one.. but the yellow one looks a bit better then the orange one it just need one more extra "side-kick" color to mix with and as it is now the mix of orange and yellow is not very great choice. Hopefully we will see some more improvements on UI side, because as I'm looking at it and also comparing it to other games + looking at some older games from BB I can tell that UI design is not their strongest side. No hate just my opinion :)
Also known as John Blackhills.

MSPORTBMW

Hi Janne......Great update thank you.....Any news on more stats and fastest lap records etc.....I did send you a PM, dont know if you seen it or not.

Cammy691

Great update Janne! What are the chances of the multiplayer server cap being upped from 24?

Purple44

Great update Janne! What are the chances of the multiplayer server cap being upped from 24?

Maybe never?

With 24 players and soft body damage and dust being kicked up, there a lot data being transfer back and forth between server and joining players. And at 200 PING, it get tougher for the computers to keep up and not be laggy.

With more players in the lobby, tracks load slower and some players have been timing out on track change when lobby getting full.  :(

Now if you willing to spend $1500 on a new gaming computer with a i7 8700 and a 1060 6GB video card ( like I did last month ), you can get the tracks to load faster while online, even with grass set to Ultra. :)

Back in 2014 I was just hoping we get 12 players online like we got in GRID 1. Most racing games only had 8 players online back then. Was blown away when we ended up getting 24 players online. But having 24 players online has been a problem finding good servers that can handle the load of 24 players online and not get laggy when get 20+ players in a race or derby.

But this year, seem we have more servers online that can handle 20+ players online.  :D :D

There are issues with increasing the number of cars game will load, beside the hardware and connection issues. Like startpoints, does track have room for 36 cars?

Then you have the first turn massacre that can happen in the first turn. Will get even more worse with 36 cars barreling into first turn. Can your car survive the first turn?

I'm thinking 24 cars online is a good number for Wreckfest. And sure beat 8 player Dirt Showdown!  :D
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Finsku

I'm thinking 24 cars online is a good number for Wreckfest. And sure beat 8 player Dirt Showdown!  :D

24 is enough.. but I'm dreaming about massive multiplayer servers like TM has (>100 players). Ofc TM and other games doesn't have Wreckfest-kind "soft" body damage... but look at this video how beautiful the start is (Finnish esport league)

http://youtu.be/-rG9DT3DvlE?t=27m37s

Phen248

24 is enough.. but I'm dreaming about massive multiplayer servers like TM has (>100 players). Ofc TM and other games doesn't have Wreckfest-kind "soft" body damage... but look at this video how beautiful the start is (Finnish esport league)

http://youtu.be/-rG9DT3DvlE?t=27m37s

Yeah, those numbers are easy in circuit racing games where you can get 4-5 cars side by side on their wide and lengthy road circuits. But in off-road demolition games like wreckfest, which contain some very short, and very narrow tracks, the congestion would be unbearable, and reaching 1st from 100th would be nearly impossible.

Imagine that many cars racing on the small Mixed surface tracks (ie: Mixed 1, Mixed 2, etc); the 100th position car would start almost directly in front of the pole position car. It'd be entertaining for sure, but wouldn't be very good for anyone looking for honest racing, and that's not even considering what all those cars would do to the performance.
Fan of: MotorStorm, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, Baja Edge of Control, Dirt 2, Dirt Showdown, The Crew, and of course, Wreckfest.
PC Specs: Potato - Console of Choice: PS4

Finsku

Yeah, those numbers are easy in circuit racing games where you can get 4-5 cars side by side on their wide and lengthy road circuits. But in off-road demolition games like wreckfest, which contain some very short, and very narrow tracks, the congestion would be unbearable, and reaching 1st from 100th would be nearly impossible.

Imagine that many cars racing on the small Mixed surface tracks (ie: Mixed 1, Mixed 2, etc); the 100th position car would start almost directly in front of the pole position car. It'd be entertaining for sure, but wouldn't be very good for anyone looking for honest racing, and that's not even considering what all those cars would do to the performance.

I know it would not work with short tracks, 24 cars is enough. But Wreckfest has bigger tracks which could easily work with 48 cars. 100 cars works with TM because the game is based to time trials and cars could drive through other cars.

It would be interesting to hear have BB tried more than 24 cars on track.  :)

Callahan420

I agree that 24 is plenty for Wreckfest but more would be interesting.

Merhunes Dagon

48 cars with Wreckfest physics what a dream  :o I think 24 is enough here maybe 30/32 for a maximum but half of the computers wont support it.

Maybe for Wreckfest 2, 48 damn cars  8)

I'm agree with you if BB can show a prototype with +24 cars and maybe one downloadable for everyone  :)

Speedevil

24 cars is more than enough IMO.

The Very End

Where is this posted? Could not find any info on BB Facebook page, Steam or Twitter.