Author Topic: April Update – Let's Hear Your Opinion!  (Read 19188 times)

Mopower

Some of the cars sound weird or low quality. with a bad tune and 1 3/8s" exhaust. The starbeast is the one car that I think sounds really good as far as v8s go and probably doens't need to be altered. Some of the others need some attention though as they sound a bit like the cars from Flatout 1 which were okay but all pretty low quality.

Anybody remember the Bullet GT from FOUC? That thing sounded pissed off and it was a joyous occasion that I could let her scream a few minutes at a time. The regular Bullet from FOUC sounded good too with it's low throaty growl which would IMO be a slightly better way to go than the way the Roadcutter sounds currently.

The Crusader sounded pretty gnarly as well, but would just like some updated sounds.

Nice changes to Tarmac 3. it's great to see that you can't win the race by spending 60% of your time racing in the grass haha
Go BIG or go home!

Janne Suur-Näkki

Another hotfix out, changelog below:

GENERAL
  • Server Browser no longer crashes after quitting multiplayer and going back to the server browser.
  • MP: Kick and ban voting now works properly.
  • MP: Changing server info is now allowed only when in lobby to prevent issues.
  • Wrong way indicator is no longer incorrectly displayed at race start on Speedway 2 Oval Loop.
  • In Career, there's now a reduced chance of AI players with duplicate paint jobs appearing.
  • Game controller vibration/rumble is now disabled correctly after a controller is changed.
  • Gremlin front and rear chains are now uninstalled with the bumpers.
  • Added new engine audio for Panther RS.
  • Minor environment art improvements and fixes.
NOTES FOR CONTENT CREATORS
  • For custom track backward compatibility, runtime grid generation can now be disabled in the event specific bbTrackData (.tcat) file by using the new flag. After enabling the flag, legacy manually placed start points will be used.

The Very End

Ahh! Thanks!

Mopower

Oh, I did not realize that this was the thread for TODAY's update. Because I did not know there was an update today. lol Testing
Go BIG or go home!

KingOfTheCakes

I'm a bit unsure about these new engine changes tbh. I think the Panther sounded better previously, same thing goes for the Gremlin. Just my opinion though.

Anyway, another thing I wanted to mention about AI feedback; they still have a tendency to slow down if you're right in front of them and rarely attempt to ram/overtake the player. If I gradually slow down on the straights, they usually just follow.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 03:45:48 PM by KingOfTheCakes »
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Purple44

Thanks Bugbear for adding the chat bubble like we saw in Gas Guzzler Extreme.  Will make it easier to see if someone typing while we in the lobby.  :D

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Mogal

I'm really liking the physics and graphics of recent updates.
I have a couple chief complaints (issues) with the whole experience.

Menus: The mouse jumps around when you select options... but only sometimes.
(DO NOT (IN GAME) cause the mouse to jump around!)
I would like to see easier keyboard controls through the menus.

Text: During some of the scenery, it is extremely hard to read the text.
(Have some sort of shadow backdrop to the text to make it easier to read during any backdrop)

Driver names: I know you wanted to personal the game with supporters, and I respect that option, but some of the names
are completely ridiculous! Maybe limit this to at least names you can actually pronounce!

Steam/Smoke/Fire in car: Once damage becomes so great that the car starts to smoke (inside the car) it looks horrible!
Its just not fluent, and does not look natural. (But all other smoke/steam/dust outside the vehicles look great!
Maybe work on making this steam/smoke flow more natural with the speed/movement of the vehicles.

Other then that, GREAT WORK!

Thanks for reading!

« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 11:08:33 PM by Mogal »
---------------------------------
Pre-Ordered: Aug 30,2013
3:14PM Pacific Time

Mogal

I haven't followed the forums much lately, and I'm guilty of not searching... don't flame too hard, k?!

Would you consider integrating a "Sneak peak 3.0" into the release somewhere?
Would be nice to have a distraction within the game. (With multiplayer of course!)
---------------------------------
Pre-Ordered: Aug 30,2013
3:14PM Pacific Time

Hornet66

Liking the hotfix with MP server improvements! So far haven't experienced major crashing issues (more to play though!).
The game visually is about as crisp and beautiful as it probably can get.

Something that has slowly grown more annoying for me is the vehicle damage fire effect. It would add a nice
immersion factor if the fire effect was affected by vehicle movement/airflow. It looks a bit weird flying around the track
and my engine is on fire as if it were a nice calm campfire :P.
AMD Threadripper 1950X/GTX-1080ti/32GB DDR4/WIN10

BenDover

Been a little busy in life and have not had too much time playing and now when I was gonna test out the new update (april) I cannot play. If I have my server up the game client will stop work when I go into multiplayer and load the servers up.

If I turn of the server it seems to work.
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Heddly

I still haven't seen an improvement on the MSAA for radeon video cards. Should I just ignore this glitch?

Pekonilkki

Time to try the game for the first time in ages. Cant wait to see how much it has changed since last November or so-

Edit: After a bit of  testing yesterday, I gotta say that this was possibly the first time that I actually enjoyed the game. I got so hooked that my quick testing session turned into 5 hours of non-stop gameplay. I had a bunch of fun with the career mode. I hope it will get lots and lots of updates and additions in the future.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 01:01:15 PM by Pekonilkki »
I'm a tongue in cheek kinda guy. Keep that in mind when reading my comments.

also sory from my bad enlish i dont speek it rely goodly

John Burning

Holy cow! This one looks even more serious!
So it's the last chance to give you a feedback? Okay Bugbear, let's do this.
P.S. You did an awesome work on optimization of Wreckfest. That's rocks.
P.P.S. Sorry for being offline the last a couple of years.

Purple44

Welcome back John.  :D

And thanks for your fan art, with the help of Zeb, we use a few these ideas in my track mods:  :)

Would be nice if Bugbear would put some Bugbear easter eggs into Wreckfest.  :D

Types of bears (SomethingBear)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 12:25:02 AM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

John Burning

Welcome back John.  :D

And thanks for your fan art, with the help of Zeb, we use a few these ideas in my track mods:  :)

Thanks Purple! Nice to see you out here :)

Always glad to be involved in process of creating new stuff! These arts looks awesome :D I'd love to try some "BugBeer" haha

Would be nice if Bugbear would put some Bugbear easter eggs into Wreckfest.  :D

Types of bears (SomethingBear)
Yeah, I think that would be really nice too :) Anyways, about this Bugbear mascot thing - it works fine to come up with a lot of new things.