Author Topic: Startpoints allways choses the lowest geometry  (Read 340 times)

The Very End

ISSUE
Startpoints spawning at non-intentional locations

DESCRIPTION
On custom tracks, startpoints will allways be put on the lowest part of gemetry. E.g; Bridge object, or in general any object above ground level will be ignored as valid starting areas. Also game seems to ignore the start positions in general.

SCREENSHOT/VIDEO
Startpoints and AI lines are located on the bridge above:

Startpoints are on the flat mountain area, but game still spawns car at lowest points:

Janne Suur-Näkki

Can you post a screenshot with the sector view?

The Very End

Will do when I get home later today.
Until then: If overlapping sectors, e.g one sector that overlaps one below, the lowest will be chosen. That's what happening at the bridge; The first sectors are crossing the last ones at a higher level.
A short fix would maybe be to have the option for choosing two types of startpoints; the standard #startpointxx and #startpointsxx_dyn. Having the startpoints being made out automatic (as it seems now) is not preferable on some of my tracks, as I want to force a certian starting position / shape.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Oh yes, so there are overlapping ai sectors on two levels?

The Very End

At least on the Bridge level. As for the desert one I don't think it is overlapping - but it's overlapping alt routes sectors in the start area.
A other example is the SFS tracks - startpoint ignores the track, but spawns on the mountain below the track. Have not checked the sectors, but I could have sworn the sector is not connected to the ground. 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 02:48:03 PM by The Very End »

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks. If the start points are created on the correct stretch it's probably a problem how cars are reset to the grid.

The Very End

Maybe. A fun observation from one of the users at Steam forum: If you reset the car - then you spawn at the racing line, e.g right place. But at start of race you spawn under it.

Janne Suur-Näkki

On that track, you mean on the correct level that is?

The Very End

Correct. When reset you are put on correct location.

Janne Suur-Näkki

I wonder what happens if you reset on a sector that's located in the tunnel or under the bridge, you're probably spawned on top...

Anyway, using the sector view double-check that the starting points are created in the correct place.

Hey TVE,

I could have a look ... put your .max file in some cloud storage or whatever and PM me the link and I'll have a look what's up.

Cheers,
Andrei

The Very End

Superb, thanks! Link sent. I sent it in a 2014 format (usually using 2016), so hopefully no strangness happens on save.