Author Topic: AI Paints, How do they work ? (Developer needed !)  (Read 385 times)

Hello, I need a staff guy on this one, if somebody can explain me how the AI choose the liveries for multiplayer and single player it could be great !
Because I've started to try to creat special paints, and it don't work as intended !

Here is the point :
I've created all my skin.bmap needed !
I've created my skin.veli, it works, I can choose it in the paint job menu.
I've created my skin.vepa, in the paint folder, it work pretty well !

After that I do the same for the AI with the veli and the vepa.
annnnnndd ..... it don't work as intended, I start a multiplayer server with car restriction of "same as host", I choose my car, and the bots I add in the game, have the same livery, even if I do multiple !

Another thing, is it usefull to define the livery in the .vepa file ? Because the ai seams to ignore it and take the profile.aicr liveries in the list anyway !

So is there anyway to get defined paints, and not having random combinations ?

Thanks in advance !

sam223

You also need to add the .vepa and .veli files to the ai pool.

data/vehicle/chassisname/ai/player/ .aicr file

On load/addition of ai player it picks a .vepa/.veli file at random from a certain .aicr depending on class that is loaded (a/b/c).
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 09:37:25 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Yes I get that ! It was working when I've added my liveries in the livery list !  :)
But is mandatory to be random for the Design/Livery combo ? Or is there any way to say, for this paint of this color, you take this livery, with this color ?

sam223

Yes I get that ! It was working when I've added my liveries in the livery list !  :)
But is mandatory to be random for the Design/Livery combo ? Or is there any way to say, for this paint of this color, you take this livery, with this color ?
Build a .aicr per combo is the only way believe. Not sure if there is a limit to them though and itd probably result in duplicates.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad

Wow, that's sad, it make too much work for only paints !  :-\
Maybe the dev can do smtg to take in account the livery if a livery was putted in the livery field in the .vepa, and use random livery in the list if nothing was filled out !  ;D

Okay, so for those who want to know how it works, it's pretty simple, the game take the first paint and the first livery in the array, there is no random at this point !
So in your profile.aicr, just put the paint and the livery in the same order, the best is to put the same number on the livery and the paint on the file name ! ;D

sam223

Okay, so for those who want to know how it works, it's pretty simple, the game take the first paint and the first livery in the array, there is no random at this point !
So in your profile.aicr, just put the paint and the livery in the same order, the best is to put the same number on the livery and the paint on the file name ! ;D
Thanks for clearing that up :) much more useful than random like i expected it to be.