Author Topic: It is still very easy to hack CR and XP on Wreckfest +more.  (Read 1242 times)

Aerotactics

Using the same method I used years ago, it is possible to change Credits and XP easily. I plan on finishing the campaign without hacks from here, but I thought I should let the devs know.

Also, the multi-player chat is stored using a static pointer. If someone could submit that string somehow, it could bypass needing to open the chatbox, I think.

Generally, Wreckfest has negated the needs for hacks coming up to release. The color hack that Sethioz came up with a few years ago is now part of the game as color sliders. Suspension controls that I made a trainer for are now included for all vehicles.

So, in conclusion, There are ways to hack the game still. Should be looked into before release.

Yasimato

Your information is very good that I want.

St. Jimmy

As long as you can't hack yourself some A500 car with insane grip for multiplayer or anything along those lines, there's not too much to worry about. You can already go around credits and xp with modding if you want as I've shown with Free Market mod.

If devs don't know, buying cars and parts that way, all the bought stuff will remain in your inventory after disabling the mod. I think that's good option to have. Most of the people still play the game as it's meant  to be.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 11:49:14 AM by St. Jimmy »
Official Wreckfest Discord
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

sam223

There was a discussion on steam forums about a month ago and Janne responded also. I dont think there are any plans to try protect XP/credits, because they have no impact on gameplay, only your offline personal progression.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Aerotactics

There was a discussion on steam forums about a month ago and Janne responded also. I dont think there are any plans to try protect XP/credits, because they have no impact on gameplay, only your offline personal progression.

Makes sense. Last I checked, speedhacks, for example, are prevented on the Wreckfest server.