Author Topic: Final countdown. Heeell Yeah.  (Read 1323 times)

John Burning

Hello everyone! It's been awhile, huh?
Okay, anyways. Bugbear made an awesome job around the optimization of Wreckfest and I fixed some issues on my computer, so FINALLY IT'S WRECKFEST TIME!!! Wa-ha-ha!
That's the first thing I want to say. Thank you Bugbear to keep on rocking and working. This game is getting better and better with every update.  Seriously, it feels like a huge celebration - the only fact that we'll finally get the resease version on our hands. Can't believe it.
So I think it will be fine if I'll give some my feedback here. Hope you still remember me [confused]. At lest I feel like it is necessary (feedback giving).
1. Vehicle moving and smashing physics. It's cool. Seriously, it feels right and the only thing I'll prefer is that moment of a "roll cage smashing" when crashing. You know, I think in the realistic physics mode it will be better if the car will be stronger around the roll cage. I don't know how much stronger (maybe around 30% stronger with a roll cage and 0% without it) but it is.
The handling is awesome. Can't remember any racing game that gave me so much fun with it in a couple of last years.
2. The tracks. Well, they're cool. Pretty different and difficult, it's interesting to racing there! Many of them remind me Russian rallycross tracks and it really feels awesome haha :D I think you should add a bit more smashable objects around and, as you already did, - give all the tires a bit more weight. Like 5-10%, not more. And it will be finally epic! Anyways, waiting for a new tracks haha :) I realy like the environment design, yeah.
3. The vehicles. They're awesome, no words. BUT! I do really hope that you'll add more of them! More american classic cars from 1950's (like an Chevrolet ElDorado), more japaneese cars from 1990's (AE 86, 200SX, for example), more european cars from 2000's and please LADA-2108 rallycross - that's the car that Wreckfest REALLY needed. It's just SO classic for racing like this - typical FWD and simple design, for C class it will be gold, seriously. And maybe LADA-2112 Rallycross or LADA Kalina too, yes.

Or a LADA-1111 "OKA"! It will be fun, don't you think?

Okay, anyways. The tuning idea works cool. Love it! I think it will be cool to be able to paint the wheels. And what about tuning of brakes, gearbox and stuff? Only engine tuning - is this final decision? I mean, sometines it's just relly feels like brake tuning is needed.
4. The game modes. It's good! It's just what we needed! Maybe some more madness like a football with cars or something? But now it feels right.
The only thing that I'd like to see - to be able to start with AIs with the same cars as player's. You know, like an mono-cup. It will be cool, please do it if you can. (Unfrotunately, I'm not able to play online now cause of my Internet so I haven't ever seen Wreckfest online, so I can't say anything about it).
5. Musics. Feels like it's needed to play it from the paddock or something on locations - like it works with the cheering crowds, you know? It will make the atmosphere much better :) And I relly like the soundtracks - they're different and sound nice. Hope to see a new competitions around it in the future.
6. Menu and UI. That's the thing you need to improve a bit, Bugbear. Seruously, it just needs to be more friendly. I mean the only things around car selecting and tuning. To tune a different car player needs to: 1) Select it in a separate menu. 2) Come back from it. 3) Select the Customise menu or something 4) Profit!
I think that you should make it able to go to tuning and customising menus right from the car-selecting part. To make it able to select a car and go to customise menu at once. And for everything else around it too (tuning, painting). And for single player game mode it will be nice to not to switch the main menu after the selecting car process. Make it able to select a car, to think a bit around it, to compare it to the other cars and than move next. For me (and I do not remember all the characteristics of all my cars and I need  to compare it with the other ones) it feels just slow - to come back and see what characteristics did I choose. Please.
7. REPLAYS AND COCPIT CAMERA F*CKIN' ROCKS!!! Wow YEAH! Can't wait to play it in VR!!!
8. AI personalities. I think you should work on it a bit. What about make an AI's names more real? Name, Surname, like it was in FlatOut? And what about make a special liveries for each one? Maybe I ask you too much mut it will work on the atmosphere and all the perception of the game, seriously.

And I think that's all for now. And hope all to the final release update.
I'm so sorry for my "a couple-of-years delay" here on the forum. I still love you and your games, Bugbear, and we're all your fans keep supporing you to build a perfect racing game together. Thank you for your work. It's just a masterpiece. Seriously, I haven't ever seen a game like THIS. Wreckfest just needs to be a bit more a game around a festival atmosphere and it's atmosphere of insanity and speed destruction. Give it more colors, musics, dynamics and everyting will work at 200%. And nowadays - it is already the game that I want to come back to, day after day. And again. And again.
Thank you. Very very much. I'm so happy that we, all the fans here, have a chance to chat with you and give you our thoughts. It's priceless.
Can't wait for release version. Can't wait for upgrade my computer to play it online with 100% graphics. It's gotta be awesome. And it's going to be a little bit different life. So I hope we're all will see each other out there pretty soon ;)
Good luck, - rakkaudella ja kaikella sydämelläni! Kiitos työstänne.
- Vladimir AKA John Burning.

The Very End

That looks great haha!

guest100380

Viktor is a fucking pirate, he has all the mods that I uploaded to the Steam Workshop posted at his sorry ass website.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 04:58:47 PM by sam223 »
guest100380, July 17, 2018, 10:12:27 PM Logged

• guest100380

Fuck it, I'm done making shit for Wreckfest as long as there are Russian assholes like you around. >:(
    guest100380, July 18, 2018, 12:50:20 AM Logged

• RickyB

Someone copying and publishing mods from steam workshop somewhere else without permission of the mod authors does not seem right and kind of shady.
    @Viktor - If the author asks you to remove his mods from your site, you should do it. Pretty obvious that he does not want his mods on your site.

PsychOXRat

I do not want my mods on your site, I only want them on Steam. Please take them down.
    System Specs: Intel i7-7700K CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

Daystar

Would like my mods off your site as well pls. WTF you did not even ask me?

The Very End

What is the webpage? And preferable nice if stuff is on Steam only.
    « Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 03:03:12 PM by The Very End »

BenDover

What is the webpage? And preferable nice if stuff is on Steam only.
    EDIT: Taking away the link now. Hope you saw it The Very End otherwise I can link in PM
    « Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 03:41:11 PM by BenDover »
    Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
    Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

bill1947

Here is the website.
    ~removed~ -sam223
    « Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 10:27:49 PM by sam223 »

The Very End

Saw the link earlier, thanks. It is a system based on trust, if you ask many will let you use their stuff (me included), but when not asked people will not be happy.

Daystar

Saw the link earlier, thanks. It is a system based on trust, if you ask many will let you use their stuff (me included), but when not asked people will not be happy.

However Russian pirates fail to see eye to eye on civil normality. as with most pirates out there. damn freeloaders heh

RickyB

It is a system based on trust, if you ask many will let you use their stuff (me included), but when not asked people will not be happy.

Especially when you make money with it. Those download sites offer money for clicks / downloads. There are several games and a lot of mods linked on the site... The number in brackets [ ] is the number of mods linked.

... the download buttons link to modsbase.com and modsfile.com and are monetized. If that isn't shady, Idk what is.

tads421

I am with you all, I made content for Wreckfest that was ONLY downloadable from steam as it is a steam only game. IF i wanted to have my mod outside of steam i would have published it so.

Please remove all of my mods from your site you are breaking the terms of use of my mods.

Thanks you.
    « Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 04:56:35 PM by tads421 »