Author Topic: Low FPS on all settings.  (Read 593 times)

ItsTheYoshi

So when I try to play Wreckfest I load into my game and the instant I start a race my FPS drops to about 10-15 and then sometime will go up to the 70FPS lock I have setup but the 70FPS is very unsteady. The issue seems to be only when there are many cars on screen but this is not all the time. I have tested with the highest and the lowest settings and the results are nearly identical but the lower settings have higher lows closer to 25-30 FPS.

When playing my CPU sits at about 50-80% usage and GPU goes from 8-100% but I think the lower numbers are just inaccurate readings for the GPU. My only guess at this point is it has to do with the large amount of VRAM this game uses but not too sure. Any ideas on how to get my performance to a locked 70FPS would be great.
CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz
GPU: RX 470 4GB
RAM: 2x8GB @ 2400Mhz

Purple44

With my new gaming computer with a i7 8700 and a 1060 6GB with max graphic settings and MSAA x4 and a 1920x1080 resolution, Gravel get about 70 FPS. Most other tracks get 150-200 FPS.

So when come to FPS, frames can vary a lot between different tracks and how many cars on your screen. Derbys can get you lower FPS too.

Grass, Shadow and Effects Quality ( smoke and dust ) have some the biggest effects on FPS.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

ItsTheYoshi

My problem is not that I need to lower settings or that my system is not good enough to run the game maxed out without AA, it is just the problem that my game does not run well on any graphics settings and I am not too sure why.
CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz
GPU: RX 470 4GB
RAM: 2x8GB @ 2400Mhz

GRabbit

I'm with you. Got the same problem. Even changing the render device didnt help.
GTX 1080TI @ 2050mhz - watercooled
i5-4690K@4.9Ghz - watercooled
Logitech G27
16GB Ram

Heddly

My problem is not that I need to lower settings or that my system is not good enough to run the game maxed out without AA, it is just the problem that my game does not run well on any graphics settings and I am not too sure why.

Have you looked at the software setting in the program that came with your GPU?

GRabbit

What exactly do you mean? I have a similar problem. For laptop users, it often is the chosen GPU. But I have selected my correct GPU.
GTX 1080TI @ 2050mhz - watercooled
i5-4690K@4.9Ghz - watercooled
Logitech G27
16GB Ram

Heddly

What exactly do you mean? I have a similar problem. For laptop users, it often is the chosen GPU. But I have selected my correct GPU.

I have a Radeon GPU and the control panel has it's own settings. Some of them have the option to Use or Override Application Settings. I am going to switch to Use Application Setting and see if it helps my game performance.

I am not familiar with the nVidia contol panel but it may have options similar to mine.