Author Topic: just bought a 72 Pontiac firebird  (Read 731 times)

tolliverj

i am glad i got it

tolliverj

yay

tolliverj

whoo!!!

tolliverj

gargle

Mopower

Congrats dude. Have fun, looks like it may need some work
Go BIG or go home!

tolliverj

ya it needs work but its not bad at all it runs and drives, previous owner before me redone the whole exhaust on it and the frame is solid but there are the smallest holes in the floor smaller then the tip of my finger
the rockers are completely clean not a spot of rust them witch shocked me

Daystar

WOW that is a sweet ass car! I love it.

Tonza

Sexy car that is. Jelly!!!!

tolliverj

just got done ripping out the radiator cause it was leaking like a faucet and turns out i have to buy a new core support wich is 200 to 300 $ so there's that

Daystar

just got done ripping out the radiator cause it was leaking like a faucet and turns out i have to buy a new core support wich is 200 to 300 $ so there's that

Curious how much more work you need to do. the overall look of your new ride is indeed impressive, it's what is hidden may be more of a concern later on down the road.

tolliverj

i have to cut out the rusted parts of the quarter panels and weld new metal in, then have to cut out the vary small rust holes in the rear floor pans and patch those up. yup a lot to do, the front of the floor pans are good no holes there just the rear. the car runs and drives the previous owners did a lot of work to it. yup a lot to do but its a project car.

tolliverj

just ripped out the front bumper

Zebulon55

Cool. Seeing this makes me yearn for the days when I had a 73 Camaro.
If I had a place to store and work on a project car, I'd like to have one again.

Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

tolliverj

some updates on the car just got time to remove the left fender the inner fender wheel well and the entire core support literally got done it was hot today :'(