Author Topic: Ingame track maker!  (Read 3004 times)

LiamJoly

This game is starting to look so awesome!

But to really appeal to a bigger market and add more replay value and a bigger community. This game should come with a full indepth track builder! Kind of like Modnation racers track builder but with more freedom and stuff to edit like the Far cry 3 map editor.

I know it migth be hard to make a system like this but i would love to create some wicked tracks for this and the community migth come up with whole new ways to play multiplayer!

I reall hope this gets implemented  :D

AirRaid

Something like RR:Unbounded's editor would be pretty neat. Blocks that fit together to form a track, and then a fine tune editor where you can place obstacles and ramps and stuff. I'd like to see even more customisation than that, though I know it's not likely. I love making tracks in Trackmania, for instance. So many possibilities. I realise the engine probably doesn't work like that though.

Obviously no "track-editor" made track would ever be as good as the properly done ones from FlatOut 1 or 2, you need to do actual modelling and stuff for that, but some functionality would go a long way.

RacerBest

Ridge Racer Unbounded's editor is too limited, and it makes all tracks look same. I don't like it.

corpse

Something like RR:Unbounded's editor would be pretty neat. Blocks that fit together to form a track, and then a fine tune editor where you can place obstacles and ramps and stuff. I'd like to see even more customisation than that, though I know it's not likely. I love making tracks in Trackmania, for instance. So many possibilities. I realise the engine probably doesn't work like that though.

Obviously no "track-editor" made track would ever be as good as the properly done ones from FlatOut 1 or 2, you need to do actual modelling and stuff for that, but some functionality would go a long way.

RR unbound sounds a lot like Trackmania editor. Plus what happened to RR and it's original format? RR7 was the last one of its kind now they doing street racing what is this burnout!?

I think that a track editor is a good idea and drawing the track like mod nation racers and Little Big Planet Karting is something to look at, Plus have you ever tired the Little Big Planet Karting track editor its amazing!!

AirRaid

RR unbound sounds a lot like Trackmania editor.

Kind of, just on a different scale. The Track blocks in RR:U are huge, and square (or rectangular double blocks), and they all link together at the same point on each edge to form a seamless track. TMs editor(s) are a lot more freeform with different block types and such. RR:U has a great feature where you can add objects like ramps and trees and stuff in literally anywhere you want (As long as it doesn't clip into anything), which I think would be ideal for NCG. I would describe it better but Bugbear already know what it is. :P

Neiro

Maybe an editor with square blocks is an option .... if they're smaller.
Think of the track editor in stunts - even that simple thing made awesome stuff possible.

ps. @ corpse - unbounded isn't easily compared with burnout - burnout has much more replay value imo and didn't feel as need for speedish

WolfSkyline

My thought would be too do something alike trackmania has with it's editor. Don't misunderstand it i don't want boost blocks or insane jumps, but the same ammount of creativity you can have with it.
R.I.P Mathilde <3

conso1727

I'd honestly prefer to see a world creator like the Valve Hammer Editor, tracks created would be of great quality.

rblmstr

This would be cool. More than making tracks myself I would love to see what the community comes up with

Usmovers_02

As awesome as it would be they've pretty much said it's not happening.

crazychris4124

they did say the game is open for mods so people with awesome computer skills can design tracks, cars and more

Usmovers_02

Making new tracks would be nearly impossible without access to BBs tools. There's a realistic possibility we'll be able to tweak the tracks that are already there by adding new objects and changing the route but creating an actual new track will likely not be possible.

X

Making new tracks would be nearly impossible without access to BBs tools. There's a realistic possibility we'll be able to tweak the tracks that are already there by adding new objects and changing the route but creating an actual new track will likely not be possible.

my thoughts exactly. +1

Purple44

they did say the game is open for mods so people with awesome computer skills can design tracks, cars and more

The code guys at Flatout  Joint tried to crack the track_cdb2.gen file to make a new track and were unsuccessful. So chances of seeing brand new tracks for NCG are slim unless Bugbear releases a tool that will let us make new track map.

In Flatout 1 and 2, we where only able to use existing track maps, but we could move and make copies of track objects. And thanks to Gulbroz, I got imported outhouses on a field track for my junkyard track. :)

Some outhouses went up in flames because of to much toxic gases!!  :o

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

LUNITIC_WILL

I would love if there were a folder called mods in the game. just like farming simulator 2013. just drag and drop the zip folder into it
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present