Author Topic: Ingame track maker!  (Read 3001 times)

crazychris4124

I would love if there were a folder called mods in the game. just like farming simulator 2013. just drag and drop the zip folder into it

would be way easier at least for players to have steam workshop, dont know what the programmers would have to go through

Usmovers_02

Steam workshop is a flawed mod delivery system. Many mods require clean saves and special installs to work properly before updating to a new version of the mod. Steam workshop updates mods without warning or dealing with any special circumstances. I'd much rather see the good old fashioned download it and install it yourself and actually read the readme method of installing mods.

Purple44

Steam workshop is a flawed mod delivery system. Many mods require clean saves and special installs to work properly before updating to a new version of the mod. Steam workshop updates mods without warning or dealing with any special circumstances. I'd much rather see the good old fashioned download it and install it yourself and actually read the readme method of installing mods.

As a Flatout modder, I would not want Steam automatically installing our mods. Steam workshop should only be a place to download mods, then players then need to read the readme file to learn proper way to install mod and what needed to make mod work.

If you are going to install mods to a game, need to have a little understanding of how mods work. Especially so you can get your game back to stock if needed. That was one nice feature in Flatout 1 and 2, you just had to swap patch files to go from mod to stock or stock to mod.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Usmovers_02

Agreed completely. The only way an auto-install system can work is if modding is VERY limited. I want my modding to have as few restrictions as possible. That means modders will need to be able to do things that will break the game if not installed properly.

Purple44

Agreed completely. The only way an auto-install system can work is if modding is VERY limited. I want my modding to have as few restrictions as possible. That means modders will need to be able to do things that will break the game if not installed properly.

My young grandnieces and grandnephews enjoy doing the Flatout derbys with a wheel! :)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel