Author Topic: GRRR, why don't my custom startpoints don't work anymore??  (Read 188 times)

Purple44

GRRR, why don't my custom startpoints don't work anymore??

I spent a day trying to get an A to B track idea working and then finally figure out what was causing the problem.

Here what my track startpoints look like before I add a working checkpoint:

After added a working checkpoint:

After I finally figuring out game was doing the startpoints automatically ( after much trial and error trying get my custom startpoints to work, when there was a checkpoint ), I fired up My Mud Fig8 track to confrim Wreckfest was doing startpoints automatically now.

Old pic of Mud Fig8 track:

Pic of Mud Fig8 today:

From what I seen in my testing, depending how much room there is between the left and right Safe Border lines, determine how many cars wide the car start GIRD will be. If too narrow, can get only 1 car wide.

So I not happy that Wreckfest won't let me use my custom startpoints anymore! Is there a way to override the automatic startpoints?

This automatic startpoints seem kinda new. Did this get added to Wreckfest in the last couple of months? Did I miss Bugbear talking about automatic startpoints in the forum or some other modder?

I sure hope there a way to override the automatically done startpoints or Bugbear give us an option we can enable in Bagedit to use custom startpoints. If stuck with only automatically done startpoints, it going put a limit on what custom tracks I can do, like the Suicide Killer Tire:

Jump to 6:25
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

The Very End

1: Create or locate the tcat file for the track you are editing
2: Find "Grid Generation Info"
3: Check "Grid Generation Disabled"

Should prevent game from generating custom startpoints. This feature was implemented in last patch yes.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:09:23 PM by The Very End »

Purple44

Thank End for showing me how to disable auto startpoints.  :D :D

I never open up a tcat file in Bagedit before. There a lot of stuff there.  :o

I went through and disable auto startpoints in all my custom fig8 tracks and that did the trick.   :)

But on my new Tarmac3 Alt Route Long Fig8, I had not done custom startpoints yet, turn off auto startpoints got me 2 rows of cars. Turning on auto startpoints got me 3 rows of cars.  :)   So I can see using auto startpoints and tweaking safe borders to get the number of rows wide I want for the cars.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel