Author Topic: Wip - Wreckfest A to B track test  (Read 632 times)

Purple44

Here video of my test of an A to B type track with 1 checkpoint:

I got the idea after seeing spectators resetting my car while testing my new Tarmac3 fig8 track.

In Flatout, I could put 2 checkpoints down and set laps to 1 lap and I would have an A to B track. Wreckfest don't let you do it. Wreckfest has first checkpoint as the start checkpoint and the finish checkpoint. So car got to go through start checkpoint and then travel through start checkpoint a second time to finish the lap, the race.

So I got the idea to use some spectators after the finish line to reset car back in front of finish line, so car could travel through start checkpoint a second time to trigger the finish.

Video show idea works, but game is inconsistent at resetting car. Sometimes car get reset back to where the cars started the race or a few aisectors back. Only works correctly about half the time in testing.  :(

Setting up the spectators, I ran into this issue:  :o

Seem the spectators have a reset box around them and if the boxes overlap, then I end up with 2 spectators in the the same spot or spectator head making it to the correct spot, but not the body!!

Would it be possible to make a platform, like what I'm using in video, to be a reset platform that would reset cars when they land on platform?

If I can't get reset to work consistently, I'm thinking I will have to have the cars circle around after crossing finish line and cross finish line a second time to get A to B track to work.

Hmm, just had a thought, what if I had 2 checkpoints close together at finish line? Like have only 1 point between the 2 checkpoints? Car passes through checkpoint #1, then #2, but car is still over checkpoint #1, would that trigger the finish of a race?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 12:08:07 AM by sam223 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Crash77

Umm, one thing, you weren't the 1st person to hit the spectators, but you still got 1st place. (Sweet concept by the way).

D3kim

good

Purple44

Success!!  :D  I was able to go 10 times in a row tonight and have the FINISH trigger every time.  :D

I don't have time do up a post of how I got there today, need go to bed. Will do up a post later with video.

Here a teaser:

Purple44

Got my video done, couple of pics and mod uploaded. I can do my post now.

If you have read my first post, you know I'm trying get A to B type track to work in Wreckfest. Using the spectators to reset car did not work well. Thanks to End, now I have a reset wall object to use to reset the cars. Big Thanks End.  :D :D  Haven't got to test that ghost arrow sign yet.

So Sunday I tried again. I found out why my car was getting reset back to the startpoints. If your car is outside the red safe border lines, car will get reset at one the other Aisector points. If car is inside the red left and right safe border lines, reset will work as expected. ( 0-0:25 in video )  Also found out, it the car engine that triggers car passing through checkpoint. If reset wall to close to checkpoint, checkpoint won't register car has gone through checkpoint. ( 0:32 in video )  Moving reset walls back some, triggers finish of race.  ( 0:55 in video )  Car need roll back over finish line to trigger finish of race. ( 1:10 in video )  I tried the Blazer, but Blazer got stuck, had to reverse down ramp to trigger finish. ( 1:30 in video ) 

Note: It car going over checkpoint finish line a second time, be it backwards or forwards that trigger the finish.

So I came up with a new idea to make sure cars get push back over finish line checkpoint to trigger finish. Stuntfest bumpers. :)  ( 1:50 in video ) had to reassign the textures to current in-game textures to stop the bumpers from crashing the game. And I tweaked the timing of the bumper to move quicker. I did run into a problem with first test with 5 bumpers and 24 cars. The bumpers were even with the ground, so push cars straight back. Made it hard for me get me car across the finish line!! ( 2:10 in video )  So using Stuntfest, I rotated bumpers to about 45 degree and lower the bumpers a bit into the ground. That help a lot. ( 2:50 in video )  Success! I was able run test 10 times in a row and finish ever race.  :D  Watch last clip of video see the action from the side.  :)

Here a link to my A to B test track if you want check it out or better yet make a custom A to B track:

http://www.lay-zmattress.com/flatout2/purple44/Next%20Car%20Game%202018/track%20stuff/A%20to%20B%20test%20track.7z

Readme:

Readme for A to B track.

Drop the \A to B test track folder in your \mods folder to check out the track.

data\track\urban3_1test_sand_piles\base3.scne

The base3 file is the key file you want to use If want make an A to B track and use the base3.scne file for your finish line.

In your main track file, the one with the startpoints, checkpoint, just make the call in Subscenes to load the base3.scne file. And use the coordinate numbers, x,y,z to place the group of finish line objects to where you want them on your custom track.

Setup the aisectors for your track, but have the 1 checkpoint at the finish line object. Can not use more than one checkpoint for A to B track to work. So A to B track with Wreckfest is mainly a land rush race forward to where you got the finish line since, can not use extra checkpoints.

Purple44

I'm thinking of making an A to B track using Mixed 5:

I think I will place some barriers to stop players from just using the track to get around the track. Also online, think I will need have resets ON, I'm sure some players will get struck somewhere!

« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 02:03:54 PM by Purple44 »

The Very End

Nice that you found a way to do A/B racing. Maybe I should make a rallycourse or something, then you could do the sector work? :D

Purple44

Nice that you found a way to do A/B racing. Maybe I should make a rallycourse or something, then you could do the sector work? :D

Sectors be easy for A to B in Wreckfest. Just make them wide until getting close to finish line, then narrow the sectors down some. No turns. Don't even need that many, except if reset your car, might end up way back, if only a few aisectors.  :P

« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 02:40:42 PM by Purple44 »

The Very End

So if I get it right:
The players just have to pass sector 8, then they can reverse back and go through sector 7 to complete a lap?

Purple44

So if I get it right:
The players just have to pass sector 8, then they can reverse back and go through sector 7 to complete a lap?

Car engine just need pass sector 7 wall ( finish line ), then backup car, back over sector 7 wall to trigger finish ( cross finish line twice ). Car does not need to pass sector 8 wall.

The Very End

Ok, interesting :)

A other cool idea to trick the game in doing a A to B which I think might work:

1: Create an A to B route
2: Create AI sectors, then right before end make the AI sectors loop back to original starting point
3: At this end-point, create a new alt route, with the custom property "crossstart = true" and a proxy checkpoint at the alt route where you want the finish to be
4: In the tcat file you make sure the AI probability of chosing this route is set to 1.00 (100%)
5 Profit?

If above works, one would maybe not even need to pass the checkpoint twice?

Purple44

I'm running into a snag trying get Mixed 5 to where I can travel map off road. I removed the guardrails and their collision box. Deleted the spectators that were in the way. I go try off road track and I'm finding places where I get automatically reset back onto the track. So I delete all the plane objects in the Model section and I still get reset back to track. :(

I don't see anything else I could delete that look like it might get rid these auto reset "surfaces". Janne or Andrei, please don't tell me the auto resets are now inside the terrain object where I can't delete them?

Purple44

I did some more digging, after just loading the terrain object for Mixed 5, my car was not getting auto reset. So I knew there must be another object under Models doing the resetting. I finally narrow it down to line189. What kind of name is that? Would of been easier to find, if name was line189_reset.

I did get a PM from Andrei and I ask the Bugbear Devs to use reset in the naming of auto reset objects in the Models section.

I got my first ever A to B type track done today, Mixed 5 A to B. Think off road from one corner of track map to the other corner. Watch out for them rocks and trees! Here a look at the AI sector lines:

Right click > click View Image to see image full size.

And here the video:

Going put this new track in my Figure 8 Track Pack - P44 mod.

Hi!

Is there possible to make straight drag strip?
Nothing Beats Cubic Inches --- Bigger Is Better

Corsair Carbide Spec-03, AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6 Mb Cache, 2 x Asus Radeon R9 270X 4 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 Gb, Acer G276HL, Logitech G25, Win 7 Pro

Purple44

Hi!

Is there possible to make straight drag strip?

Ya my custom finish line would work for a drag strip.

Tarmac 2 might be a good track map to make into a drag strip:

A very long Track like Special Stage Route X from GT to test Car Stuff:

0 - 100, 0 - 200, 0 - 300 kph
400m, 1000m & Topspeed Test

I was looking at Tarmac 2 track to see if it work for a drag strip. There long stretch off to the left of start line I tested. The Muscle 3 and 4 did not hit their top speed before droping off the map. So may need a a modder to make a longer track map to use as a drag strip.

But I went ahead and put some barriers down ( 4 ) if players want use Tarmac 2 as a drag strip testing:

To start drag strip track, select Tarmac 2 track. Set AI to 0 cars, start track, hit start key and car will respawn out at the "drag strip". You will have to put up with the red circle, since there no tweaked AI sector points.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a619d7vyx1q9b02/Drag+Strip+Tarmac+2.7z