Author Topic: Register Name - with Bugbear  (Read 2232 times)

Purple44

I was ask by Tabs if I gotten an email from Bugbear today. Turn out I did get email from Bugbear.  :)

If you bought a  Master Blaster or Team Bugbear support level pre-order at Bugbear web site, Bugbear wants to get some information from you so they can put your "name" in the game.

And that why the forum was down for some maintenance the other day to add Register Name to top of forum page, I think.

Janne, I got question before I fill out the form, I'm OK with giving Bugbear my real name, but I do not want real name in Wreckfest. I want Bugbear to only use Purple44 as AI name and for the credits.

Register name

This registration tool is used to register your name for in-game use in case you've pre-ordered Master Blaster or Team Bugbear Member product tier of Wreckfest. Master Blaster product owners will be featured as computer-controlled AI drivers using your name. All Team Bugbear Members will have their names appear as AI drivers, and additionally have them listed in the game's credits as well. If you're eligible to have your name featured in the game, you can register your real name and virtual profile name by using your Master Blaster or Team Bugbear Member Forum Badge license key. The key can be viewed on your personal download page, the link to which can be found in the notification email you should have received or in the original order confirmation email.

If you think you're eligible but haven't received the notification email and have lost the original order confirmation email, please contact us at support@bugbear.fi.

But I don't see anything here that make that clear that only my chosen user name will be the only name used in Wreckfest.

Janne could you clarify this a little more or another Bugbear Dev reading this, like Mika?

Also, is this only for players that bought NCG from Bugbear site or do the players that bought the Deluxe version or the upgrade to Deluxe version get the chance have their name used for an AI driver?

The Steam page does not make this offer for Deluxe version, but I just wanted to make sure.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Janne Suur-Näkki

At this point the plan is to use the REAL names as AI names in the career, but we thought we'll use the opportunity to collect the profile names as well just in case we want to use those in multiplayer, for example.

This is only for those customers for pre-ordered the game directly from our website.

Tonza

Thanks for the heads up Purp, wouldn't have noticed otherwise. Don't often check the mail I use for games lol.

The Very End

Does the game support letters such as Æ / æ (norwegian) or will it require some changing to ae?

Finsku

Test to see what pre-order I have (gonna edit this later)

EDIT: Ah damn, I have Wrecker :( And I thought I bought another one ...

EDIT2: Is there a change to see what I gonna miss with my Wrecker badge? (And is there a change to change it to other? I guess I asked this already couple years ago..)

EDIT3: Found this picture, is this still valid?

Tonza

Janne - name in the credits. Is it just 'Given name Surname' or 'Given name "nickname"Surname' formula?

Purple44

At this point the plan is to use the REAL names as AI names in the career, but we thought we'll use the opportunity to collect the profile names as well just in case we want to use those in multiplayer, for example.

This is only for those customers for pre-ordered the game directly from our website.

Then I will have to pass Janne.  >:(

Janne Suur-Näkki

Janne - name in the credits. Is it just 'Given name Surname' or 'Given name "nickname"Surname' formula?

Actually, not sure yet actually but I can see no problem including the nicknames - good idea.

Janne Suur-Näkki

That's too bad Purple, but for consistency reasons everyone needs to use their real name - it would look pretty weird if some were nicknames and others real names.

The Very End

Also, having "pu**y destroyer 666" showing up in credits is allways... questionable :p Real names is probably best. Btw: for us plebs who use both first names, please don't cut one out or shorten the other, as it then looks weird. If length is issue maybe last name could be with one letter?

Janne Suur-Näkki

In-game, the first name will be abbreviated so it will become "B. GOOD" for example. This is mainly done because we expect some of the real names to be very long.

Purple44

That's too bad Purple, but for consistency reasons everyone needs to use their real name - it would look pretty weird if some were nicknames and others real names.

But hardly nobody know me online by my real name. But I been racing online since 2005 with Flatout as Purple44.

When I paid my $70, I was expecting to see Purple44 in the classify AD section. I even posted about it a few times over the years. I was not planning on Bugbear using my real name!

You need to familiarize yourselves with the definition of the word so that you don't make such generalized assumptions.

I understand the word 'research' has many different meanings. However, the most common type in video gaming is some format of 'value x is required to unlock item y'. I do, however, respect your opinion entirely and I do agree that they may do something entirely different that what I was thinking for the research.

On Bugbear pre-order page, it says this:

Name in the game

Your name will be featured in-game in “classified ads”!

We are thinking that what "research" will be use for in the game. Be sure not to buy any parts from Purple44. ;)

http://nextcargame.com/pre-order/

Because Street Rod upgrading is cutted, what happens for classifieds? Because I don't see any way they can work with tier system. Also I don't think that endless career mode defends its existence anymore. Without free car building there is no sense in it anymore, it is same to make normal boring straightforward career mode.

I fully agree with you. Personally, I think the tier systems are awful and only serve to slow progress and hold those players who cannot place high enough, or play enough in the first place, back. I think the only gate to better parts should be cash, pure and simple. If you want to save up for that hideously powerful engine, then that should be an option open to you from the start and all you need to do is save up the hideous amount of cash needed to buy it - but with the downside that it may 'stress' other, lower quality parts in the car resulting in them needing to be replaced more often. That means a balance would need to be struck by choice, rather than the player being forced into procedurally upgrading parts as soon as they get the XP for it. I also agree that it does actually serve to nullify any other system, especially the classifieds stuff. Thinking about it, I think it's one of the worst systems ever because only those who play a lot would actually profit from it.

If the classifieds have been drop from career mode ( has not been confirm ), that would come as a big surprise.  :o

I've been telling people, don't buy parts from Purple44 if you see ad in the classifieds!

Yes, the current idea is that part wear and repairing will not be featured in multiplayer even if the said features are kept.

And as for being optional, you can only have so much options. Too many options fragment the player base and can be time-consuming to implement (like in this case).

There was a lot of talk about doing career mode online as an option. So does this mean Bugbear and maybe the community has change their mind about doing career mode online?

Here a couple of post that Jori did, he had a hand in developing career mode before he left::

5) Unranked mode
As we're gunning for seamless career mode between online and offline playing (meaning you don't have two different careers but just the one, regardless of your online status), we won't open all parts online in ranked games. Unranked, though, now that's another matter! We're planning on creating a toggle that takes your server to Unranked status, meaning that all games you host won't affect anyone's career, XP or money. Instead, every item is available! This will ensure that casual gamers who just want to create a race for a LAN party don't have to worry about careers at all. Just host an Unranked game, and you can setup every car the way you want. This is also the mode you play with all mods, which ensures that mods are a thing of fun and not a way to exploit your way into success in your official career :)

Again, these plans are subject to change, so don't be surprised if we decide to go another way in the end :)

Geez, hey, whoa Nelly! You people are jumping into conclusions big time :)

First, single player:
Wreckfest won't have a campaign. That means no story, no story linked progression that opens you new tracks, challenges and cars, etc. There is no campaign. There is only persistent career mode.

Career Mode:
Wreckfest has a persistent career mode. There is no story, but there is open ended progression -- events, championships, races etc., and there's no limit how far you can go. You start the game with one car, you race to earn money and then you buy more cars to play with. That's pretty much it, when you boil it down.

Single Player vs. Multiplayer
Wreckfest has seamless SP/MP execution, and the two differ only very slightly. In SP, player has a selection of events to choose from, populated by bots on track. In MP, player has a selection of events to choose from, populated by other players. That's pretty much all the difference there is. Also, all progression made in one will carry over to the other, and nobody's forcing anyone to attend both. You find SP more appealing, you stick to that, and vice versa.
(There'll be a lot to do considering AI, as it needs to be quite cunning, else SP can be a bit predictable which MP will never be, thanks to human penchant for desperation and mischief. AI personalities, or, rather, behavior archetypes, are still being considered, as is asynchronous multiplayer and what it could be in Wreckfest.)

Tier System
Please, don't jump the gun here. To put it bluntly, you don't know enough about the tech tree or the tier system Wreckfest may or may not have to form an opinion on it, because we haven't told you what the current plans for those mechanics are. You're speculating wildly, and making assumptions on those speculations -- and then someone else takes those assumptions as facts :)
We are listening to your opinions on the subject, however, because the system's not been totally locked down yet, and is subject to change.

Janne, are the classifieds still in the plans for career mode? Warning, do not buy any used parts from Purple44. You have been warned!!

Jori, can you say if classifieds are still plan to be used in career mode? What ever form that takes.

They're very much in the plans :)

I voted yes for repair in career mode.

I'm Ok with the classified ADs idea not making it into final version Of Wreckfest.

But I unhappy my long time user name Purple44 will not make it into Wreckfest. I was looking forward to it.  :(

Most the guys I race online, I don't know their real name, I know them by their user name. Some from back in Flatout days, like mcoRoyce, Stage1 and Cornkid.

Now if player submit an unacceptable user name, Bugbear should have the choice not use it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 05:10:52 PM by Purple44 »

Purple44

Also, there a few players out there that might get a little enjoyment putting "Purple44" into a tree or barrier. Not so much if they knock "C. *****" into a rock.

Zebulon55

Also, there a few players out there that might get a little enjoyment putting "Purple44" into a tree or barrier. Not so much if they knock "C. *****" into a rock.

Ya. That's the thing. All of us online guys have aliases that we're known by.  Not our real names.
Real names would just be kind of boring to race against. Might as well be John Doe.

And what if "D. *******" is a fast, skillful driver and wins alot? how will I ever live up to that?  What happens existentially if I lose to myself?  ;D
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

Tonza

Ya. That's the thing. All of us online guys have aliases that we're known by.  Not our real names.
Real names would just be kind of boring to race against. Might as well be John Doe.

And what if "D. *******" is a fast, skillful driver and wins alot? how will I ever live up to that?  What happens existentially if I lose to myself?  ;D
Yeah, for recognition alias much better. Real names and folk got no idea who they running against