Author Topic: Register Name - with Bugbear  (Read 1866 times)

Daystar

Also, there a few players out there that might get a little enjoyment putting "Purple44" into a tree or barrier. Not so much if they knock "C. *****" into a rock.

Do not worry about your real name being used, unless you have out standing warrants with the law. but yeah... I would rather see Daystar, as opposed to Michael Darren Ainsworth, which I am not ashamed of showing my real name. I have nothing to hide.

Needles Kane

I would suggest also putting nickname in game between quotation marks eg. R. "Flying Finn" Aaltonen. Doesn't solve other, privacy problem though.

Edit. If somebody doesn't want real name in game, they could pick their mother's name or similar. Still get recognition, but no need to be affraid of privacy.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 06:16:42 PM by Needles Kane »

Janne Suur-Näkki

Alright, let's see whether we can have the Steam names etc. in-game.

Purple44

I would suggest also putting nickname in game between quotation marks eg. R. "Flying Finn" Aaltonen. Doesn't solve other, privacy problem though.

Edit. If somebody doesn't want real name in game, they could pick their mother's name or similar. Still get recognition, but no need to be affraid of privacy.

Privacy not my biggest concern. I paid the extra $20 for a Team badge to get my user name Purple44 into Wreckfest. Back in September, 2013, there was no mention that Bugbear would be using our real life names on the pre-order page.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Zebulon55

Privacy not my biggest concern. I paid the extra $20 for a Team badge to get my user name Purple44 into Wreckfest. Back in September, 2013, there was no mention that Bugbear would be using our real life names on the pre-order page.

Maybe they could rename mixed1 to Purple44 Memorial Autodrome for your name in game.  ;D

Edit/
maybe you could be a sponsor; Purple44 sounds like the name of a personal performance lubricant. penetrating oil, cleaning product, or polymer protectant. Damn spellcheck. You could have your own billboard in game.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 04:12:57 AM by Zebulon55 »
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

Konan

Test to see what pre-order I have (gonna edit this later)

EDIT: Ah damn, I have Wrecker :( And I thought I bought another one ...

EDIT2: Is there a change to see what I gonna miss with my Wrecker badge? (And is there a change to change it to other? I guess I asked this already couple years ago..)

EDIT3: Found this picture, is this still valid?

So,i'm guessing it's only the orange subscription that is elegable for this?

Zebulon55

Test to see what pre-order I have (gonna edit this later)

EDIT: Ah damn, I have Wrecker :( And I thought I bought another one ...

EDIT2: Is there a change to see what I gonna miss with my Wrecker badge? (And is there a change to change it to other? I guess I asked this already couple years ago..)

EDIT3: Found this picture, is this still valid?

So,i'm guessing it's only the orange subscription that is elegable for this?

Master Blaster ($50 package from Bugbear in November 2013 - see my badge) gets AI name, but not name in game, I guess.
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

SunnyNewEngland

At this point the plan is to use the REAL names as AI names in the career, but we thought we'll use the opportunity to collect the profile names as well just in case we want to use those in multiplayer, for example.

Hi, everybody! Hello, Bugbear! How's everyone been?

So, how are the names being handled, finally? I don't mind seeing my real name in the game, existential dilemma (to beat, or not to beat) notwithstanding. It's what I was expecting.

But, if we're using profile names I'd like to change mine to make it shorter and sweeter, and I'd probably follow in the footsteps of Purple44 and Zebulon55, whose posts in the forum here have always been most informative and entertaining, and whose knowledge and dedication have been inspiring, and change it to something like Sunny66.

And how does it work for those of us who bought into both Master Blaster and Team Member? If we use the same name for both tiers do they blend into one instance of that name among the AI, or do we slightly increase the chances of our name appearing among the AI, with the possibility of two identically named AI opponents appearing in the same race? That could be an existential trilemma.

So anyway, someone, Janne, anyone, please let me know what's up so I can give up my info and we can commence with the personal wreckfests !

Janne Suur-Näkki

Well, hello there.

Since our plans are constantly changing (who could have guessed!) the current plan is to use the profile name for the AI, and the real name for credits.

If you're eligible to have two names in the game then, by us, thou shalt have two names - they can be the same if you wish, so double to chance for you to appear in-game :)

If you want to change your any of your names (sounds a bit weird now that you think about it) you can simply register your name again, the new registration will overwrite the previous one.

SunnyNewEngland

Thanks, Janne.

I've registered the Master Blaster tier so far, and I'm sitting here thinking if I should put something different for the other profile name. I guess it depends on if you're planning to put our real firstname "nickname" real lastname in the credits.

I don't know if everyone would want their Steam profile publicly associated with their real name for all time. I mean, if it were for this game only then sure, probably. But there are other games out there and there may be communities in which you wouldn't exactly want your real name associated with your Steam profile.

So it's probably worth considering. I think I would go with just the real name for the credits and either real name or profile name for the AI. But at least keep them separate to minimize the chances that someone can track you in ways you may not wish to be tracked.

Cheers :)

RacerBest

I wish my real name will not be associated with my username in credits.

Janne Suur-Näkki

It won't be, for the good reasons mentioned by SunnyNewEngland (is it sunny in New England?) above.

So, the virtual "profile" name for the AI and real name in the credits sounds like a plan.

Zeron

It won't be, for the good reasons mentioned by SunnyNewEngland (is it sunny in New England?) above.

So, the virtual "profile" name for the AI and real name in the credits sounds like a plan.
Horrible decision, glad I can mod it in the PC version but the poor console guys will have to deal with lame usernames.

Goodbye meaningful rivalries in single player...

Zethsquatch

If anyone wants to back out because they don't want their name used, I will happily take that spot lol

Mopower

Also, there a few players out there that might get a little enjoyment putting "Purple44" into a tree or barrier. Not so much if they knock "C. *****" into a rock.

Ya. That's the thing. All of us online guys have aliases that we're known by.  Not our real names.
Real names would just be kind of boring to race against. Might as well be John Doe.

And what if "D. *******" is a fast, skillful driver and wins alot? how will I ever live up to that?  What happens existentially if I lose to myself?  ;D
Yeah, for recognition alias much better. Real names and folk got no idea who they running against

I don't like having usernames on AI cars. Confuses yhe plebs and noobs too much
Go BIG or go home!