Author Topic: Server needs 2 restarts for mod changes to happen  (Read 124 times)

St. Jimmy

If you enable/disable a mod(s) from config and start the server with the .bat file or /restart command, the enable/disable of the mod(s) won't take effect on the first try. It only takes effect on the second time.

So for example I enable a mod from the server config with mod=my_mod, save the config and close it. Then I do the exit command in the server console. Then I start the server through the star_server.bat. I do the ? command in the server console and it shows the mod=my_mod. I go in game server browser and also the server browser shows that there's (1 MOD). But I can join the server without any mods normally. The reason is that the server isn't actually running any mods...

If I just do the the /restart command after config changes it's also the same as above. The server needs two times /restart command for it to actually have effect.

So it seems like /restart or launch the server are needed two times. It's bit weird that just restarting or closing the server and opening it again doesn't actually load everything correctly.

I haven't tried if this thing is actually true for every config change. The mods is kind of annoying when you think you've mods on/off and even the console and server shows it that way, but the reality is the opposite.
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Purple44

I have seen servers in the list with 1 mod, but they are not red X when I'm looking at server list with my stock game.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel