Author Topic: Custom Numbers for cars  (Read 1055 times)

NotValid

Not sure if this idea has been posted before but doesnt it bug anyone else when every AI that has the same car as you, they have the same number? Like every firefly car that has the racing livery has the number 62. I think itd be a neat detail to set your own number and have the other cars have just some random number either from 0-99 or 0-999. Anyone else agree?

MSPORTBMW

Agreed.......I did ask for it to be possible to choose your own number a long while ago, but i guess that feature is not going to happen. Like you say, not great seeing other cars in the race with the same number.

+1
Nothing Beats Cubic Inches --- Bigger Is Better

Corsair Carbide Spec-03, AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6 Mb Cache, 2 x Asus Radeon R9 270X 4 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 Gb, Acer G276HL, Logitech G25, Win 7 Pro

NicoP

I agree

FabiEnz

YES, i want my own Number. But Bugbear has said new Customation parts, so i hope he means this …
I am FabiEnz in Wreckfest! :)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Sorry no - it would be a neat little feature but we have no support for this kind of a thing, at least not for now.

RickyB

Without custom numbers, I'd prefer not having any numbers on the liveries / skins at all. At least there would be no same numbered cars anymore. Now you can have different colours, but the numbers are the same. Makes not much sense. Rather no numbers at all, no more confusion :)

Eppeto

Sorry no - it would be a neat little feature but we have no support for this kind of a thing, at least not for now.
That's sorry to hear. Maybe later after release patch will give us custom numbers.  :P

Heddly

I hope BB releases UV MAPS of the game vehicles for Modders so they can create their own Skins with their owns Car Numbers and other favorite designs. [crossing fingers]

Zebulon55

Without custom numbers, I'd prefer not having any numbers on the liveries / skins at all. At least there would be no same numbered cars anymore. Now you can have different colours, but the numbers are the same. Makes not much sense. Rather no numbers at all, no more confusion :)

How about number liveries?  ;D 
Liveries with just say #1 thru #44 on them? Or just a few choice numbers in a few varied fonts? Pick a contrasting color for your number.   ::)

LOL just kidding. That would end up being a lot of liveries.
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

Janne Suur-Näkki

That's a good point and we have tested it occasionally but somehow you lose quite a bit of the racing theme if you strip the cars of all numbers.

We hoped that eventually we would have enough paints for all AI cars so there would always be 24 different in a single race. Of course that doesn't solve the problem in multiplayer, though.

The Very End

Granted I know nothing about limitations, so correct me if I am wrong, but couldn't numbers be it's own prop / category in the customizable parts on the cars, or added as a sort of third UV channel? Completely un-tied to color, decals and whatnot? Or a text box with 2 or 3 digit limitation and only numbers/integers values (which then gets slapped in an UV channel or prop)?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 10:36:17 AM by The Very End »

Janne Suur-Näkki

Yes, but we have no support in place for baking the texture on-fly like that and let's not forget that we need the UI as well with virtual keyboard and stuff, all in all making it not a minor feature.

FabiEnz

Jannes, in the new trailer, the Speedbird (is it hte Speedbird? I hope so) has the number 1. In the current version for early access users, it is a different number, I think. What's up with that?
I am FabiEnz in Wreckfest! :)

Janne Suur-Näkki

That's a new "hero" paint job that we created for the trailer, it's also got the golden flame decal on the front.