Author Topic: Wreckfest leaves Early Access  (Read 18092 times)

RickyB

Janne, if you're still around, do you have any idea at what time the update is going to be unleashed (european time)? I presume it's not going to be one minute after midnight... :)

Tonza

Release should go succesful. Looking Headlinder tour Stream and Youtube footage people love the game. And Wreckfest has 0 competitors. If there no game breaking bugs everything should go well.

Which made me think that should there be announcement that servers won't work untill owners have updated them?

Janne Suur-Näkki

I guess a full minute before midnight would be our style but we’ve scheduled the release for 19pm CEST. We’re still in the process of polishing and tweaking but everything should be good to go on Thursday. Naturally we’ll maintain full battle stations on Friday in case something critical comes up.

BenDover

No Steam Cloud support, so cheats will work as before. It's a bit of bummer especially online but we have had more pressing issues to tackle lately.

Legacy save data might work somehow if you can live with the usual marketplace glitches, missing parts and so on but we definitely advice against trying to use it.

Will the other issues be working on after the release?
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

St. Jimmy

I guess there will be some silent holiday time bit after the release ;) Hopefully you can improve the game even after the release along with adding some DLC maybe
Official Wreckfest Discord
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Purple44

I guess there will be some silent holiday time bit after the release ;) Hopefully you can improve the game even after the release along with adding some DLC maybe

I think that one reason we are seeing a June 14 release date. Give the Bugbear Devs a couple weeks to  do any hotfixes that are needed, then they can go on their summer vacation. I bet The Devs are ready for some vacation time after working so hard since last summer to get Wreckfest ready for prime time release Thursday.

I doubt Bugbear will tell us now what their plans are going forward, but after the Dev come back from the summer time off to recharge their batteries, would be nice if Bugbear give us a hint of where they want go now. :) 

Beside finishing up console versions of Wreckfest and releasing a new update to Stuntfest with objects that will work with Wreckfest without crashing game and a Stuntfest editor that can load current track maps without crashing Stuntfest!

Will Bugbear take break from working on Wreckfest ( except to add some new content next year in an expansion pack  :D ) and start planning their "Next Car Game" before they start working on Wreckfest 2? Or will Bugbear have to see how well console versions of Wreckfest sell before making plans? If console versions sell 1 million copies by Christmas, Bugbear should be sitting pretty good financially if Bugbear did not have to give up 51% of control of Wreckfest and profits to THQ.

I sure hope Bugbear did not have to sell their soul to get the financing they needed last year to finish Wreckfest! The $50,000,000 the Flatout games brought in, went mostly to publisher Empire Interactive ( there was an article about this ). Bugbear did not get to share a whole lot in the financial success of Flatout.  :(

That was my hope this time around with the crowd funding of NCG\ Wreckfest that Bugbear would get to pocket most the profits from their hard work on making another great racing game.  :D  I hope it still true now we have a publisher THQ involved now. I was thinking Bugbear would need a publisher to help with getting console versions of Wreckfest release. Just hope it did not come at to big of price for Bugbear to enjoy the fruit of their labor the last 5 years.

But I do have to say at times over the last 3 years ( mainly 2015-1017 ) Bugbear forgot to keep the community, that made Wreckfest possible with the $$ support, in the loop of how the development of Wreckfest was going. But in the end it all worked out, Wreckfest is looking good these days.  :D

I'm very happy that the community did get to help shape Wreckfest over the last 4 years.  :D :D Wreckfest should have longevity for years to come thanks to community letting Bugbear know when they were going to far off course. Like Wreckfest being to much a sim after Build #7 and realistic damage was to realistic first version we got to test this year.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Hornet66

I don't mind at all starting from scratch, will be fun to do all over again. I do have a question regarding "hacks" though, Are they really
a thing and will the release render them useless? I am just going by intuition on this and have heard hacks can and cannot be used
CURRENTLY. Janne says cheats will still work in the near term but does that mean cheats are "hacks"?

I have a gut feeling hacks are going on, (enough online racing will get you suspicious), and would love it if the playing field
gets 100% securely leveled with the release.
AMD Threadripper 1950X/GTX-1080ti/32GB DDR4/WIN10

Purple44

I don't mind at all starting from scratch, will be fun to do all over again. I do have a question regarding "hacks" though, Are they really
a thing and will the release render them useless? I am just going by intuition on this and have heard hacks can and cannot be used
CURRENTLY. Janne says cheats will still work in the near term but does that mean cheats are "hacks"?

I have a gut feeling hacks are going on, (enough online racing will get you suspicious), and would love it if the playing field

Believe Janne referring to players "hacking" ( using old career file ) to get exp and credits back after the career files are wipe.

If everybody got to start over, there should be no A class cars online Friday. But if you see players with a full line up of different A class cars, odds are they swap in old career file or did the mod that will give you the cash to buy all the cars and parts you want. Or maybe they been up 24 hours racing online like Race label to do come release day, so have the credits to upgrade his Roadcutter!!

As to truly hacking the game to cheat online, have not seen any reports this being done. Wreckfest run a pretty good anti-cheat verify players are using stock flies before it will let you join a stock host.  :D

But always been a problem online for very good players since Flatout 1 online, that know the tracks real well and found the best tuning setup for the preferred car they like to use, get accused of cheating. How else do these players get such good lap times?

From talking to them, it because they have race tracks a zillion times and found good settings for their controller ( be it wheel, pad or KB ) and found the best combo of parts for their car. They are very consistence with their laps.

Me in a 5 lap race, I'm going screw up at least one lap and go wide or get car going to far sideways with no assists.  :P
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 10:23:30 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Hornet66

Believe Janne referring to players "hacking" ( using old career file ) to get exp and credits back after the career files are wipe.

If everybody got to start over, there should be no A class cars online Friday. But if you see players with a full line up of different A class cars, odds are they swap in old career file or did the mod that will give you the crash to buy all the cars and parts you want.

As to truly hacking the game to cheat online, have not seen any reports this being done. Wreckfest run a pretty good anti-cheat verify players are using stock flies before it will let you join a stock host.  :D

But always been a problem online for very good players since Flatout 1 online, that know the tracks real well and found the best tuning setup for the preferred car they like to use, get accused of cheating. How else do these players get such good lap times?

From talking to them, it because they have race tracks a zillion times and found good settings for their controller ( be it wheel, pad or KB ) and found the best combo of parts for their car. They are very consistence with their laps.

Me in a 5 lap race, I'm going screw up at least one lap and go wide or get car going to far sideways with no assists.  :P

Thank you for the feedback Purple. This will be interesting to watch after release! I will be a "C class noob" until I get my vacation
in early July lol.

sam223

Wreckfest has a good anticheat, as a lot of physics data is controlled by the server. Otherwise people would be able to change engine performance etc etc to be faster. We have full mod tools,which gives you full control over the game. But only works if all players and host have the same files.

But what Janne is talking about is changing your savegame,or to put it another way cheating your personal progression. The personal progression should have no or very little bearing on how you perform and enjoy online. Its a racing game after all,not a grinding XP levels simulator ;)
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Hornet66

Wreckfest has a good anticheat, as a lot of physics data is controlled by the server. Otherwise people would be able to change engine performance etc etc to be faster. We have full mod tools,which gives you full control over the game. But only works if all players and host have the same files.

But what Janne is talking about is changing your savegame,or to put it another way cheating your personal progression. The personal progression should have no or very little bearing on how you perform and enjoy online. Its a racing game after all,not a grinding XP levels simulator ;)

Thank you sam223. By "server' do you mean a BugBear server? I can ask in another thread at another time about how all this
works.

Finsku

Btw, now E3 is running so..
Will we see Wreckfest trailer on E3 Twitch channel?
https://www.twitch.tv/twitch

60k viewers now...

Tonza

Still got couple questions, minor things though:
will there be more songs in final version?
is there going to be achievements?
also the release date on steam is wrong

sam223

Thank you sam223. By "server' do you mean a BugBear server? I can ask in another thread at another time about how all this
works.
All but 1 server are provided by the community currently. Basically in the server selection screen the game checks your files,and you can only join servers which match your files identically. So modded games cant join mod free servers and vice versa.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Hornet66

works.
All but 1 server are provided by the community currently. Basically in the server selection screen the game checks your files,and you can only join servers which match your files identically. So modded games cant join mod free servers and vice versa.
Okay, so the parameters of the anti-cheat are hardcoded into the game and encrypted I presume, making THAT just about if not entirely impossible to defeat. That system then checks and compares the game files of everyone else for an exact match.

I honestly haven't seen much more than a variety of butthurt complaints regarding hacks/cheats that are totally unfounded and unsubstantiated. I appreciate the great feedback and I feel my question has been addressed, thank you!