Author Topic: Wreckfest leaves Early Access  (Read 16631 times)

sam223

I don't mind at all starting from scratch, will be fun to do all over again. I do have a question regarding "hacks" though, Are they really
a thing and will the release render them useless? I am just going by intuition on this and have heard hacks can and cannot be used
CURRENTLY. Janne says cheats will still work in the near term but does that mean cheats are "hacks"?

I have a gut feeling hacks are going on, (enough online racing will get you suspicious), and would love it if the playing field
gets 100% securely leveled with the release.
Wreckfest has a good anticheat, as a lot of physics data is controlled by the server. Otherwise people would be able to change engine performance etc etc to be faster. We have full mod tools,which gives you full control over the game. But only works if all players and host have the same files.

But what Janne is talking about is changing your savegame,or to put it another way cheating your personal progression. The personal progression should have no or very little bearing on how you perform and enjoy online. Its a racing game after all,not a grinding XP levels simulator ;)

Thank you sam223. By "server' do you mean a BugBear server? I can ask in another thread at another time about how all this
works.
All but 1 server are provided by the community currently. Basically in the server selection screen the game checks your files,and you can only join servers which match your files identically. So modded games cant join mod free servers and vice versa.
Okay, so the parameters of the anti-cheat are hardcoded into the game and encrypted I presume, making THAT just about if not entirely impossible to defeat. That system then checks and compares the game files of everyone else for an exact match.

I honestly haven't seen much more than a variety of butthurt complaints regarding hacks/cheats that are totally unfounded and unsubstantiated. I appreciate the great feedback and I feel my question has been addressed, thank you!
I think it builds some sort of database based on files that are loaded by the game at that time (i.e additional mods) and then check it against the individual servers database of files. All the files are open though,thanks to bugbears great modding system. But ye its very strict,ive even tried re-saving a file with identical data to official data only for it to be flagged by the anti-cheat.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Heddly

Concerning the debate about a 5 second delay before you can reset the car.

I haven't played Career Mode but have read that you need to win every race to advance. True or False?

If you are playing Career Mode will this ruin your race and chance of a good finish? Will it be frustrating and and be better to restart the race instead of trying to finish.

Is there a way to made a mod to add the requested 5 second delay to the reset for players who have this on their wish list?

Daystar

I haven't played Career Mode but have read that you need to win every race to advance. True or False?

If you are playing Career Mode will this ruin your race and chance of a good finish? Will it be frustrating and and be better to restart the race instead of trying to finish.

Is there a way to made a mod to add the requested 5 second delay to the reset for players who have this on their wish list?

Yeah restart is no problem (no penalties).

Heddly

What I am trying to say is that Career Mode will be a waste of time if you are penalized because a car wrecks you and your game and chance of winning are ruined.

I have played other games like this where you can not complete the level if you have just one incident. I don't want the 5 second delay on reset if it is going to ruin my experience in CAREER MODE.

I have no concern about what players prefer when racing online, that is where the mods are, Does Career Mode use mods other than skins maybe?

Caley19

5 seconds delay is a good idea imo, mostly because players are using reset buttons a lot(if they are even enabled). You crash in to a wall in high speed - you instantly hit reset button and you're back in race. Don't get me wrong but that sounds like a game for kids. In a real race - after hitting a wall players should simply reverse and god help them to avoid all incoming trafic behind them ;) This 5 (or maybe less) seconds delay is a nice fix to these situations and players will realize that reset button is there only for when they are flipped, stuck or lost somewhere out of the track and not for situations where after acident they can still drive or get back on track in less than 5 seconds.
Also known as John Blackhills.

Daystar

What I am trying to say is that Career Mode will be a waste of time if you are penalized because a car wrecks you and your game and chance of winning are ruined.

I have played other games like this where you can not complete the level if you have just one incident. I don't want the 5 second delay on reset if it is going to ruin my experience in CAREER MODE.

I have no concern about what players prefer when racing online, that is where the mods are, Does Career Mode use mods other than skins maybe?

Just click restart, if not into your 3rd session feasibly.  really not a hassle. and no mods are enabled unless you enable them while in career mode. and most if not all mods, work while you are in career mode. which makes no sense to me. because there are some mods that give you a huge advantage... IE: Hulksmash. just my 2Cents of info to you  ;)

sam223

Just click restart, if not into your 3rd session feasibly.  really not a hassle. and no mods are enabled unless you enable them while in career mode. and most if not all mods, work while you are in career mode. which makes no sense to me. because there are some mods that give you a huge advantage... IE: Hulksmash. just my 2Cents of info to you  ;)
Well yes,but career is a personal thing. So if you choose to play it with a mod that makes it easier,then it is your choice :) It is the good thing about having a totally open mod system,we can make a mod to skip all career progression if we want to or make it even harder,or completely change it. Its upto you whether you use it or not. But imo,its better to be able to do these things,than everything be locked away. Maybe its just me,but im more interested in fiddling with the career mode,than i am in actually playing it ;)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 02:50:54 AM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Daystar

Well yes,but career is a personal thing. So if you choose to play it with a mod that makes it easier,then it is your choice :) It is the good thing about having a totally open mod system,we can make a mod to skip all career progression if we want to or make it even harder,or completely change it. Its upto you whether you use it or not. But imo,its better to be able to do these things,than everything be locked away. Maybe its just me,but im more interested in fiddling with the career mode,than i am in actually playing it ;)

Yes that is a very good point Sam.  I am also glad that the mods do still work, even when Career mode is in effect. speaking of career + tweaking... I sure wish there was a way to get SPRINT back into action! I really miss that mode, and not sure why Bugbear got rid of it. But if it still worked, I would love to have that in some career sessions! or a separate career mode!  sadly... looks like we will not get any more modes.

Eggtooth

Janne, are you planning on adding driver animations and fix the driver/wheel being bent post release?

TPEHAK

The most people are "abusing" reset and they are OK with it, but some people want to restrict it. I see no problem here, there is no reason to restrict reset, minority can't say what to do to majority.
LAPTOP GIGABYTE P35X V3 || INTEL CORE i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHZ ||NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980M  8GB GDDR5|| 16GB RAM || 103GB SSD || 1TB HDD || WINDOWS 10 HOME

Merhunes Dagon

Because it kill the gameplay, it avoid crash and it's too easy, so go play gt sport if you're not happy to have accident/crash/roll over then go back on the track instead of pressing a single key. The short delay (3/5 sec) is a must have in this game, so you have to choose btw "I'll go back on the track it's faster" or "I'll wait to reset cause too far/stuck/on the roof" etc

BenDover

The most people are "abusing" reset and they are OK with it, but some people want to restrict it. I see no problem here, there is no reason to restrict reset, minority can't say what to do to majority.

Ha now we are using that logic again *clap* *clap* *clap*
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Tonza

Minority can't say what to do to majority? If that the case, hmmm, what people are in charge of the country where you live in? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sam223

Doesnt matter about majority or minority in this case.Its the server owners who will dictate whether there are resets which can be abused,or no resets at all. This discussion isn't about that,but instead about trying to find a happy medium instead of on/off.

FabiEnz

Is this the Backer Car? :)
I am FabiEnz in Wreckfest! :)