Author Topic: LAME Tracks …  (Read 904 times)

FabiEnz

There are so many ideas for new tracks and landscapes. Just look at other games, at flat out 1 and 2 or just in the most popular mods for Wreckfest, there are such great tracks! I do not understand why the same (sometimes boring) routes are involved in the game ever since. Always a new route is so lame. I want to see exciting new worlds and roads with even more elements on and off the track that breaks down !!! :)
I am FabiEnz in Wreckfest! :)

NicoP

Bugbear went more for a simulation than an arcade. That is why most tracks are boring with no cross path or crashy path.

There is some tracks mod for better tracks such as : trackfest, 8 o rama, purple 8 tracks
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 10:15:52 AM by NicoP »

dbs213

I'm sure one of the reasons why there were all these props scattered on and off the track in the FlatOut games was because you earned boost when you hit them.

Now since boost wasn't included as an overwhelming amount of people here were against it; these props would pretty much do nothing but destroy your car much faster. FlatOut 1 did give you extra cash for prop damage you caused; but it wasn't all that rewarding.
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

vveyro

I don't think they are lame at all. Very nice looking tracks that have good flow to them.

They are "crazier" than real tracks used for motorsport, there is crossings and 2-way traffic in quite few like Crash Canyon and that semioval + turn back midway. Doesn't get much crazier than that, and I'm overall very happy with tracks, although I hope some more are added post-launch
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 10:55:42 PM by vveyro »

Frisker

I'm sure one of the reasons why there were all these props scattered on and off the track in the FlatOut games was because you earned boost when you hit them.

Now since boost wasn't included as an overwhelming amount of people here were against it; these props would pretty much do nothing but destroy your car much faster. FlatOut 1 did give you extra cash for prop damage you caused; but it wasn't all that rewarding.

Flatout 1 did give you  nitrous boost for enviroment, but it also trshed your car... and slowed you down.

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Andy Rotten

Less corners and small tracks and more long fast tracks, on a long way you can spin out your rivals, intersections are more funny than corners
i7 7700
16gb ram
GTX 1060 6gb
SDD 256gb
Graphics ultra quality

Purple44

About half the tracks are base on real world tracks.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

FabiEnz

I still hope 2 weeks after release, that at some point new tracks(not routes!) and landscapes will come into the game.  ???
I am FabiEnz in Wreckfest! :)

vveyro

Intersections are based on luck mostly, not skill... "Intersections are more funny than corners" No offence, but have to disagree

Personally I don't mind them being in the game for little laughs, but they are very anti-skill and casual thing. Figure-8 tracks are sometimes almost like rolling dice to determine who wins. Even ramps would be better, because then you can at least use some skill to avoid jumping in a way that trashes your car. In intersection tracks you can outskill everyone by driving ability, leading the pack by good gap... and then get siderammed by some bad driver who barely can get around the track properly, and end up DNF.

I can understand intersections appeal to people who care mainly about the crashes, not racing. But think we have enough in the game at the moment. The tracks with crossings have "comedy value" but are by far the worst for actual good race. Some are okay because they are so wide, that you can do something to avoid collision, but sometimes there is simply nothing you can do

And don't get me wrong, I don't think Wreckfest is about clean racing, admins who ban any ramming are kind of in the wrong game. As long as it has skill/tactics to it, and not about blind luck
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 04:36:47 AM by vveyro »

RickyB

Intersections are based on luck mostly, not skill...

This is only the case if you can't see what's coming from left or right. When your sight is blocked somehow. But if you can estimate the other car's position, because you can see it, then getting across without a crash is much more skill based than it has to do with luck, imho.

Speedevil

There are a lot of ovals/figure 8s already. We need more proper race tracks, and more routes for the ones we already have. Espedalen and Pinehills already have routes that aren't used.

I think the best tracks in the game are the sandpits though, particularly Savolax and Boulder Bank because they're mixed surface, I think we need more of those.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 01:06:16 AM by Speedevil »

vveyro

This is only the case if you can't see what's coming from left or right. When your sight is blocked somehow. But if you can estimate the other car's position, because you can see it, then getting across without a crash is much more skill based than it has to do with luck, imho.
Yes it depends on track and situation, sometimes you can use good timing/positioning to avoid a crash. Or at least minimize the risk. But anyway, I hope we see more race oriented tracks, they are far from boring

Heddly

Yes it depends on track and situation, sometimes you can use good timing/positioning to avoid a crash. Or at least minimize the risk. But anyway, I hope we see more race oriented tracks, they are far from boring

I liked racing more than demo derby in the FlatOut Series. I wish BB had named the game Racing and Wrecking. Wreckfest makes it sound like wrecking is the whole goal of the game. I'm glad there are some clean or rough racing hosts out there, not just mr.mayhem all of the time.

vveyro

Yep the pure derby events are kind of boring, compared to race. Much less depth involved in the derbies.

As racing (on a proper race track) it's actually very interesting, when the crashes are a tactical element, not the main thing. Sometimes you want to pass because ramming would lose you time. Sometimes you want to choose very carefully when/who to pass, because your car can't take anymore hits. Or you can use other damaged cars as cover, to make that pass, knowing that guy with a burning car won't ram you either :D Sometimes you slam the brakes early and a car that tried to hit you goes into wall. Or slightly tap someone at right moment, so he is sent to a tree with very little force. Great great fun. Different kind of depth that sims like iRacing and Assetto Corsa simply don't have. While having (kind of) similar, realistic handling. Simply ingenious combination, no other game like it

You don't need artificial methods of "forcing contact" to make it interesting. It should be a tactical tool... not something that happens for the sake of it. That's why I like the realistic damage servers, people don't ram as much but really "save their ammo" for when it counts. Of course the tracks should have some "slight safety hazards" to promote this type of tactics, which are in all tracks if you pay attention
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 03:03:29 PM by vveyro »

sam223

Yep the pure derby events are kind of boring, compared to race. Much less depth involved in the derbies.

As racing (on a proper race track) it's actually very interesting, when the crashes are a tactical element, not the main thing. Sometimes you want to pass because ramming would lose you time. Sometimes you want to choose very carefully when/who to pass, because your car can't take anymore hits. Or you can use other damaged cars as cover, to make that pass, knowing that guy with a burning car won't ram you either :D Sometimes you slam the brakes early and a car that tried to hit you goes into wall. Or slightly tap someone at right moment, so he is sent to a tree with very little force. Great great fun. Different kind of depth that sims like iRacing and Assetto Corsa simply don't have. While having (kind of) similar, realistic handling. Simply ingenious combination, no other game like it

You don't need artificial methods of "forcing contact" to make it interesting. It should be a tactical tool... not something that happens for the sake of it. That's why I like the realistic damage servers, people don't ram as much but really "save their ammo" for when it counts. Of course the tracks should have some "slight safety hazards" to promote this type of tactics, which are in all tracks if you pay attention

Im with you on this. I much prefer deliberate racing contact rather than accidental crashing unless its a non contact class,but then you still get that if someone spins/loses control. Fig8s are best when you can see the full crossing and aim for people,not just randomly  hit by someone you didn't see and didn't see you.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2