Author Topic: Will\ should the mods at Steam Workshop be wipe come final release day June 14?  (Read 249 times)

Purple44

Will\ should the mods at Steam Workshop be wipe come final release day June 14?

I ask this question, because if you read Bugbear and Steam forums daily like I do, we see many posts this year of player's Wreckfest not loading anymore and it turn out it a "bad" mod that not working with the current Build of Wreckfest!

If player does not know how to do this:

GAME DOESN'T LAUNCH AFTER INSTALLING MODS
First try launching the game with "-disable_mods" (without quotes) launch option (right click on the game name in Steam Library > Properties > Set Launch Options). If that doesn't help, removeC:\Program Files (x86)Steam\userdata\[YOUR UNIQUE USER ID]\228380\local\wreckfest early access\modlist.mods file and try again.

We end up losing a Piss off player!

Does Bugbear need to have an extra option on start window, beside to load 64bit or 32bit Wreckfest? Have an option to click to disable all mods, so player has easy way to get Wreckfest to start again if game crashing trying load a bad mod?

This could be an alternative to Bugbear wiping all Workshop mods and having all modders reupload there mods after final release June 14?

I would hate seeing the old mods disappear, they give us good idea what modding community has done since we got modding tools back in May 2016. But if those old mods are not going to work with final release version of Wreckfest, is it time to clean the slate and start over at Steam Workshop? Bad mods that crash Wreckfest make modding with Wreckfest look bad!

But if load a bunch of mods, you could run into a combination that crashes Wreckfest. But each mod, loaded by itself, load fine.

So what you guys think, should Bugbear wipe all the Steam Workshop mods come June 14?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

The Very End

Probably for the best if they wipe it. Hopefully they make sure it is just a matter of re-uploading it to Workshop.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 01:05:10 AM by The Very End »

Dalags

If there was a way to automatically disable mods until they've been updated to meet the June 14th requirements that would be great.
Maybe they could be marked as 'not updated' or set to unlisted until updated on the Workshop?
I hope it wouldn't result in losing our Workshop subscribers.

Slightly off topic, but are there any lightweight applications that can manage mods outside of the game? I'm not a fan of having to restart the game so many times when tweaking things.

Zebulon55

Slightly off topic, but are there any lightweight applications that can manage mods outside of the game? I'm not a fan of having to restart the game so many times when tweaking things.

You could make a desktop shortcut to modlist.mods file and assign it to open with bagedit.  Turn individual mods off and on and save your changes. Then when you start up, you're preconfigured.   8)

Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

bill1947

Will\ should the mods at Steam Workshop be wipe come final release day June 14?

I ask this question, because if you read Bugbear and Steam forums daily like I do, we see many posts this year of player's Wreckfest not loading anymore and it turn out it a "bad" mod that not working with the current Build of Wreckfest!

If player does not know how to do this:

GAME DOESN'T LAUNCH AFTER INSTALLING MODS
First try launching the game with "-disable_mods" (without quotes) launch option (right click on the game name in Steam Library > Properties > Set Launch Options). If that doesn't help, removeC:\Program Files (x86)Steam\userdata\[YOUR UNIQUE USER ID]\228380\local\wreckfest early access\modlist.mods file and try again.

We end up losing a Piss off player!

Does Bugbear need to have an extra option on start window, beside to load 64bit or 32bit Wreckfest? Have an option to click to disable all mods, so player has easy way to get Wreckfest to start again if game crashing trying load a bad mod?

This could be an alternative to Bugbear wiping all Workshop mods and having all modders reupload there mods after final release June 14?

I would hate seeing the old mods disappear, they give us good idea what modding community has done since we got modding tools back in May 2016. But if those old mods are not going to work with final release version of Wreckfest, is it time to clean the slate and start over at Steam Workshop? Bad mods that crash Wreckfest make modding with Wreckfest look bad!

But if load a bunch of mods, you could run into a combination that crashes Wreckfest. But each mod, loaded by itself, load fine.

So what you guys think, should Bugbear wipe all the Steam Workshop mods come June 14?

I think all the mods that are on the Steam Workshop should be wiped as well. I'll be deleting all my uploads there until I can verify that they will work with the final release version of Wreckfest.
IN WIN 303 Mid Tower Gaming Case
Windows 10 Home
Intel® Core™ Processor i5-7600K 3.80GHZ(Kaby Lake)
Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler
GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
16GB ADATA XPG Z1 3000MHz RAM
MSI Z270-A Pro Motherboard
120GB WD SSD + 1TB HDD Combo
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Speakers

Heddly

Yes, and that leads to a problem I have been thinking of. When the game is officially released, what will happen to mods in the Workshop that have not been working since the updates have been released?

Remove them until they are fixed to work properly? As the official release date nears BugBear should work to improve the game experience for new users and avoid any frustration from bugged mods.

Absolutely. We're just not sure what we can do - if we implement any kind of version check to the game a lot of the old mods that still do work will cease functioning as well so it's probably not the path to take.

Likewise, we wouldn't really like to go as far as to remove those Workshop mods that haven't been updated.

Automatically disabling all mods whenever there's an update could be something to consider, though, as well as a version check + a warning in case of an outdated mod.