Author Topic: Does Wreckfest not have Stunts?  (Read 337 times)

TookDook

There was nothing better than making a mix of events in Flatout 2 that featured Races, Derbies and Stunts. Is Wreckfest really scrapping that? I couldn't figure out if Stuntfest is an entirely different game or an upcoming Add-On to Wreckfest?

FabiEnz

There was nothing better than making a mix of events in Flatout 2 that featured Races, Derbies and Stunts. Is Wreckfest really scrapping that? I couldn't figure out if Stuntfest is an entirely different game or an upcoming Add-On to Wreckfest?

I think Stuntfest is a game of its own so far. Surely it will not come in Wreckfest, as I've read that before from the developers.
I am FabiEnz in Wreckfest! :)

RickyB

Yes, it's a different game... but not beeing worked on for a long time.

http://www.wreckfestgame.com/stuntfest/

TookDook

Oh, that's mighty disappointing. Was it originally planned like this or did they split it up into two different games?

It seemed like Stuns was an integral part of Flatout 2 - especially the multi-player. It's a shame something like it won't be available within Wreckfest, as I assumed it was a spiritual successor.

dbs213

I always thought Wreckfest was a realization of Bugbear's "Retro Demo" they put out for the Kickstarter campaign. It didn't have boost, windshield cannons, or ragdoll stunts; those were probably added in by the publisher's demands to make it more "exciting".

I can only hope they do something with Stuntfest as they work on the console ports and maybe even post-launch content and patches with Wreckfest.
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

Kille

If I don't remember wrong, I read somewhere that Stuntfest gets a "full" release after the game is finished on fall 2018. I don't seem to find anything about that anymore and be adviced that I might be dead wrong. At the same time-ish it basically abandoned. No that they have Wreckfest 1.0 release out and hopefully some other firm make console ports, I sincerely hope that Stuntfest makes return with multiplayer mayhem along Wreckfest patches.