Author Topic: Come on, give the tracks names!  (Read 664 times)

FabiEnz

Title says it all.
I am FabiEnz in Wreckfest! :)

Finsku

imo the name system what BB is using right now works well.
Or then gives names, for example The River Road (Gravel X)

PsychOXRat

The current naming system looks unfinished. It's not much different than if they were called "Untitled 1", Untitled 2" etc. I'd much prefer to have actual names as they seemingly weren't OK with leaving the cars as "American 1" "European 2" etc.
System Specs: Intel i7-7700K CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

Tonza

I think it's easier to remember the tracks when they are named like this. But if they give names it's just a matter of remembering the new names really. Would give the tracks more persona

FabiEnz

I think it's easier to remember the tracks when they are named like this. But if they give names it's just a matter of remembering the new names really. Would give the tracks more persona

No, that's not easier. I still do not know what name stands for which track. Except asphalt 1-3, but that's still easy.

St. Jimmy

I remember Mixed 1, 2, 3 and 5, Tarmac 1-3, Gravel 1, Tour of Destruction, Big Stadium and Dirt Speedway.

Speedways I can't remember and Sandpits are very confusing. Especially when Sandpit 2 was Sandpit at the beginning and then there was also Sandpit 1 to confuse what's is actually Sandpit 1... Not sure was Sandpit 1 actually even something like Sandpit 10 first :D
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Paul_B

+1 for track names still confusing after all this time, I suggest a community vote for naming   :)
Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 1060 6gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel/ Thrustmaster  T3PA Pedals / Logitech G27 Shift

TheEngiGuy

+1

I thought they were almost ready with track names as stated in the December 2016 update:
"While not yet polished, the reworked track also gives you a first look at our new environment set called Fields that will also be used for some other tracks."

Merhunes Dagon

I know each name for each tracks, it's easy to remember since 4 years now ! But I prefer more tracks to come but Janne said no...  :-\

BrianUK

I remember Mixed 1, 2, 3 and 5, Tarmac 1-3, Gravel 1, Tour of Destruction, Big Stadium and Dirt Speedway.

Speedways I can't remember and Sandpits are very confusing. Especially when Sandpit 2 was Sandpit at the beginning and then there was also Sandpit 1 to confuse what's is actually Sandpit 1... Not sure was Sandpit 1 actually even something like Sandpit 10 first :D

I thought Sandpit 1 was always Sandpit 1 and OG Sandpit was the only one that went through a name change to Sandpit 2?

As for giving the tracks names, I wish they would choose one option, either follow the original naming convention or name them all. Right now some are named and some are not, it's a little all over the place.

FabiEnz

It does not matter if you can remember it or whatever. It just seems unprofessional if the tracks just have numbers. I think and hope to release there are names, everything else would be disappointing!