Author Topic: Wreckfest is out!  (Read 3701 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Howdy Wreckers,

We’re beyond thrilled to let you know that the day we’ve been waiting for is upon us:

Wreckfest is leaving Early Access!

In retrospect, it’s been a wild and exciting journey. Back when we embarked on this project, Wreckfest was supposed to be a short little project to create a new, simple racing game in the spirit of the original FlatOut but it soon dawned on us that we can do SO MUCH more with the premise. So, being straight-forward people as we are that’s what we did, and after four years of development during which no sweat, tears and game engines were spared, the end result is the game that you get to play today. We sincerely hope you will have fun with it!

We can’t help but feel somewhat wistful at this moment but don’t think of this as us saying that we’re done with the game now – we’re going to keep updating and improving it. Think of this as our way of saying that if there was no Early Access we would have never had the chance to create this game, and likewise, you’d never gotten to play it. In simple terms, YOU made this game possible. We want to use this opportunity to thank all of those who supported us during this journey; those who shared their excitement over the game and encouraged us to keep working with it, those who supported us by pre-ordering the game, those who shared their feedback with us and of course everyone who played the game and spread the word!

That out of the way, here are some highlights from the launch update:
  • Four new challenge vehicles including a Harvester and a School Bus!
  • New fun customization parts as well as wicked paint jobs for all vehicles.
  • Updated career progress with new unlocks, car rewards & challenge events.
  • Overhauled user interface and art for many screens.
  • New Countryside Demolition Arena.
  • New rocking songs and in-game music.
  • An EPIC amount of improvements and fixes.
The technically-inclined among us can check out the full changelog with all the meaty tidbits on our blog HERE.

In other news, the Deluxe Edition Exclusive Car is also now available! If you have the Deluxe Edition, the car is automatically added to your garage. If you pre-ordered the game directly from our site you will soon receive an email notification containing a new key with which you can unlock the car. The same goes for the exclusive Team Bugbear paint job, so please hang tight.

Please be aware that all your old save data will be wiped with the update to prevent glitches. Likewise, the leaderboards will be reset soon. Furthermore, the newest version of the game doesn’t “see” the servers running the old build so don’t be alarmed in case there appears to be a very few servers available, it simply means that the server administrators need to update their software.

To celebrate the launch we’ve also set up an official Discord channel for some nice meet and greet type of action. To join, click here: DISCORD. If you don't have an account yet not to worry, it's easy and only takes a couple of minutes so don't let it stop you from joining in the crew!

That’s all for now, folks. See you on the track soon!

XavierBK

Any idea when early backers who bought their packages directly from the BugBear site will be getting their exclusive content such as the backer car?

Tonza

Is the Discord a free service?

Janne Suur-Näkki

We should be sending out the keys shortly, hang on.

Janne Suur-Näkki

And yes, Discord is absolutely free.

Pekonilkki

I still remember the day we were able to buy it for the first time. I was so drunk with HYPE that I went and spent far more money than I am normally prepared to pay for any game. So good to see the game finally come out. Now if only my internet would suck that 4 gigs a bit faster through the interwebs, so I could finally get to play the finished game.
I'm a tongue in cheek kinda guy. Keep that in mind when reading my comments.

also sory from my bad enlish i dont speek it rely goodly

Defectiv

Great but:

In other news, the Deluxe Edition Exclusive Car is also now available! If you have the Deluxe Edition, the car is automatically added to your garage.

Ehm, I have the deluxe but I don't see the backer car anywhere. It's not in my garage nor in the market.

Janne Suur-Näkki

We're currently having an issue with the backer car not unlocking due to incorrectly set up DLC config, hang on while the issue is being investigate.

UsF

Grats on the release. :) Took a while to get there. I am also missing the car. Also the Discord link does not work, as it has expired.

Defectiv

Okido :)

Just wanted to see if you were aware and the problem wasn't on my end.

KingOfTheCakes

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, it seems that the car customization is completely missing. I cannot find it anywhere in the menus. 0_o

It's been quite a journey BB! I am glad to hear that more patches are to come. I've come across a few issues already, but I'm liking the new stuff (and the fact the old speedbowl is back!)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 09:35:06 PM by KingOfTheCakes »
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

UsF

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, it seems that the car customization is completely missing. I cannot find it anywhere in the menus. 0_o

It is a Tab in the upgrades menu in the garage. See here: https://i.imgur.com/RUW7bxr.jpg

KingOfTheCakes

It is a Tab in the upgrades menu in the garage. See here: https://i.imgur.com/RUW7bxr.jpg

Thanks man, what a derp on my part.
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Janne Suur-Näkki

The DLC issue should now be fixed for the owners for the Deluxe Edition.

UsF

I still don't have it. Backed it originally from the website, via SendOwl. Still can access that stuff on the site. I think my backer level had the car in it ($70). Should I contact support or give it some time?

Also let me into Discord. Link doesn't work it seems.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 09:48:34 PM by UsF »