Author Topic: Wreckfest is out!  (Read 10437 times)

Purple44

Hi Dave, the badge key is for your badge here in Bugbear forum. I see you activated your Wrecker badge.

EDIT:
Also, my game does not display digital deluxe edition anywhere in steam.
I just have:
Wreckfest
 DLC's:
  Exclusive Car
  Wallpaper
  SoundTrack

NO DDE anywhere to be found.
Is this how its supposed to be?
I mean, if I go to buy new dlc, and I dont know I already have the DDE, and end up buying it again, hmm.....
:(

Thanks again.

You seeing those 3 DLCs in your Wreckfest library means you got your Deluxe stuff, but you will not see deluxe edition anywhere. You will find your Bandit backer car in your garage.

I got my email today from Bugbear. Got Steam key for backer car and team paint job. :)

Email:

Dear Wreckfest supporter,

We hope you're doing great and you've been enjoying the game!

We come bearing gifts – You're receiving this email because you've pre-ordered Wreckfest and opted for a product tier that makes you lucky enough to get some neat bonus content:

– If you pre-ordered Full-Time Wrecker or a higher product tier, you'll receive the Deluxe Edition Upgrade containing the coveted Bandit backer car, an epic soundtrack and a number of wicked wallpapers.

– If you pre-ordered Team Bugbear Member or higher, you will not only receive the Deluxe Edition Upgrade but also the special Team Bugbear Paint Job for Hotshot with which to impress everyone! Please note that you will need to activate both keys.

The shiny new product keys can be viewed on your personal download page here:

https://transactions.sendowl.com/orders/*****

Simply take note of the key (copy it to the clipboard) and activate it on Steam as per usual:

1. Launch Steam.
2. Click on "Games" in the top menu bar, then "Activate a Product on Steam...".
3. Click "Next", "I Agree", and input the Deluxe Edition Upgrade or Wreckfest Team Bugbear Paint Job product key to the "Product Code" field.
4. Click "Next" and you should be all done! If Steam doesn't start downloading your bonus content automatically, you will need to restart it.

After you activate the Deluxe Edition Upgrade, your backer car will be waiting for you in the garage after launching the game.

The soundtrack and wallpapers will appear in the game's installation location in folders called DLC Soundtrack and DLC Wallpapers, respectively. If you're not sure how to natigate to the game's installation folder, you can open it if you right-click the game's name in the Steam Library and then choose "Properties" menu item, then "Local Files" tab and finally "Browse Local Files..." button.

Team Bugbear Paint Job can be found in the Paint Shop menu for Hotshot.

If you need *any* assistance whatsoever please do not hesitate to contact us at support@bugbear.fi and we'll help you along.

That's about it – We hope you enjoy your exclusive bonus content. Thanks for supporting us, over and out!

Thanks,
The guys at Bugbear

May be a while before I can buy the Hotshot to checkout the team paint job.  :P

But I will definitely have the Hotshot in my garage at some point.  :D
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

dave3d

OK, thanks.

But, my DDE naming convention still stands valid:
What if they decide to sell a DDE in the future.
How will I know I actually already have it? (my memory is about 10 seconds, and thats it, so if they do this a year down the road I will never remember this at all).
Seems that they need to do something to differentiate the DDE from the regular version to me if they plan on any dlc in the future at all.

Mopower

I do not like that there are small amount of laps in the career mode. You just do not have time to do accomplish challenge and finish on the first place at the same time. Most challenges relies on luck and not on skill. So you have to reset race again and again until you randomly have achieved challenge goal and won the race.

Are the bonus goals essential in advancing in the career mode?
Go BIG or go home!

simosimo

Could we have the little 'rankings' on the results page back?

Best wrecker and etc? Gives non race winners something to aim for :)

presuming ed

Could we have the little 'rankings' on the results page back?

Best wrecker and etc? Gives non race winners something to aim for :)

Well, something other than the other cars anyway.

I'm up for this, it always made the race results much more interesting.

I never quite managed the full sweep I don't think, but got close.

Cossiephil

grats on release, loving the game and glad i backed this. takes me back to Demolishion derby on the PS1.
Though im sure my name should have been in the credits but dont see it. :( never mind
spec:

Intel Core i7 5960X @4.25GHz
Asus Rampage V Extreme Intel X99 (Socket 2011) DDR4 EATX Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance 32GB mem
MSI Radeon R9 290 Gaming Edition 4096MB GDDR5
all in a Enthoo Luxe Full Tower Case with Hue+ lighting.
Razer Naga Hex -Wraith Edition Gamin
Logitec G910 Keyboard Corsai

Bwoahh

don't know if it's been suggested yet, but if you guys are still updating the game, do you have plans to add a "wrecking race" mode like in the old destruction derby games? Something similar to the team racing we currently have would be ideal enough.

Mopower

I am wondering if we'll ever get last team standing mode. I know it's been suggested before. Is this still planned Bugbear? it would probably be the most popular derby mode... Teams are fun, but LMS gives you a lot more chance to strategize than deathmatch does. So let's combine teams with LMS and have a decent derby mode to play! Cheers
Go BIG or go home!

Daystar

Still waiting for "Sprint Mode" to come back. not sure at all, why they removed it.  :-\

Hornet66

I am wondering if we'll ever get last team standing mode. I know it's been suggested before. Is this still planned Bugbear? it would probably be the most popular derby mode... Teams are fun, but LMS gives you a lot more chance to strategize than deathmatch does. So let's combine teams with LMS and have a decent derby mode to play! Cheers

I totally second this. From my experience online with Wreckfest, and the insane fun team deathmatch is, a Last Man Standing team death match would be incredibly fun in many ways. I think if more people really thought about this and envisioned how this mode
could work, and the tactics it would require, perhaps more people would ask for it. I think it would make for a hell of a good time!
AMD Threadripper 1950X/GTX-1080ti/32GB DDR4/WIN10

Merhunes Dagon

Hello ! We didn't have any news from BugBear, are they cooking for us something awesome in secret ? Or they are still in vacation :P

Purple44

Hello ! We didn't have any news from BugBear, are they cooking for us something awesome in secret ? Or they are still in vacation :P

I think the Devs are back in the studio. Janne did post over at Steam:

Crash when clicking on settings.

Quote from: jannesBB;1745594817444059916
Should be fixed in the next update, hang tight.

And posted here Monday:

Should be fixed in the next update (for real).

And maybe some Devs are at Quakecon this week? From Discord:

XiYesterday at 9:36 AM
Only reason I'm so curious is because I was just at QuakeCon and Nvidia was there with a Wreckfest booth setup. They were using thrustmaster TS-PC Racer, some sort of pedals and a whole seat and everything handled so smoothly. They were running fast lap contests for 1080Ti's and it was such a wonderful experience. Lol, quite the opposite of my g27 experience.

And next week, some the Devs should be at Gamescon at THQ booth showing of Wreckfest.

And imagine Bugbear still real busy getting the consoles final versions of Wreckfest ready for their Nov 20 release.

And Devs got be working an a new hotfix release for the PC. Bugbear plate still pretty full.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Merhunes Dagon

Oh nice, so that mean the next update or hotfix is coming in 1 or 2 weeks  :P
I'm not following them on discord and i'm not checking steam forum too, thx for info ! I know they have to focus on console release too, they can touch 2 or 3 times more players compared to pc (and more I hope) !
Gamescom, I forgot it !

Mopower

Oh nice, so that mean the next update or hotfix is coming in 1 or 2 weeks  :P
I'm not following them on discord and i'm not checking steam forum too, thx for info ! I know they have to focus on console release too, they can touch 2 or 3 times more players compared to pc (and more I hope) !
Gamescom, I forgot it !

if you think about it, once they release the console versions, they will most likely see a boost in PC sales as the game will gain more popularity. Funny how that works, but one kind of feeds the other, so now that I think about it. I think console version will help a lot. Hopefully we see it within the next 10 months
Go BIG or go home!

Janne Suur-Näkki

We're here, indeed. The next PC update is coming soon, although for the most part it will be a maintenance hotfix to address a couple of critical issues.