Author Topic: Missing Backer Car  (Read 1372 times)

Blondeage

Hey BugBear, I ordered and played during early access on Steam. Noticed you guys released, so congrats! Anyway, I didn't see the Backer car in my garage. I'm Blondeage on steam...any chance you can hook a brother up?

Purple44

If bought deluxe version from Steam Wreckfest page or did the upgrade to deluxe, look here:

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Blondeage

So...I purchased the game on 12/26/14. Were there two versions of the game in the Steam Store at that time? I don't see the DLC in my steam app, don't see a DLC tab in the properties, nor do I see the DLC on the store page. Did I miss it somehow? As someone who played a bunch and helped the testing over the years...kind of sucks that I don't get the same recognition of the other early backers who evidently purchased a different version (sorry don't remember which I purchased back four years ago).

Regardless, it's a great game and I enjoy it. Just wished I had the Bandit.

Purple44

So...I purchased the game on 12/26/14. Were there two versions of the game in the Steam Store at that time? I don't see the DLC in my steam app, don't see a DLC tab in the properties, nor do I see the DLC on the store page. Did I miss it somehow? As someone who played a bunch and helped the testing over the years...kind of sucks that I don't get the same recognition of the other early backers who evidently purchased a different version (sorry don't remember which I purchased back four years ago).

Regardless, it's a great game and I enjoy it. Just wished I had the Bandit.

Hmmm, back in 12/26/14, maybe deluxe version was not offer ya. That why the upgrade to Deluxe version was added, but I pretty sure that it was a few months down the road before upgrade got add to Steam page.

BullGod

I must agree with the poster. I am a bit confused as well, I was also an early supporter (as we now know, important to the development and recovery of the game).  I only had one purchase choice as well.
I have been a huge supporter of Bugbear since the early Flatout days, all the way thru each copy of the Flatout franchise, up to and including Wreckfest.  If I know Bugbear, we will not be left out of the goodies.
Right?

-Pete

Game ON!

« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 04:02:45 AM by BullGod »

Janne Suur-Näkki

Deluxe Edition has been available right from the start. And even if it wasn't there was the Deluxe Edition upgrade that was added slightly later.

In simple terms we can't give away free something that others have paid for.

BullGod

Unfortunate, but understood.  I can't say I agree, but I don't need to agree.  Early supporters are just that, and when we choose to support a company early on for what might develop from their collective talents, we are aware of the risk that it may not even come to fruition.

I appreciate your reply.

-Pete

Blondeage

I don't agree either. I purchased the game and I'm fairly certain there was only one level...not a deluxe version. After that, I monitored the discussions page on Steam, but not the store page which would have had the update regarding a deluxe version. The game was a mess for a few years so I waited for an update, but it's not my responsibility to continually check the Steam store page for an elevated version of the game. As an early backer, I'm disappointed. Even World of Tanks...a f2p game, rewarded their early beta testers with a car...even if it were a different version of the deluxe...

You guys need to be better with handling PR and customer service.

Mopower

Answered
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 09:26:43 AM by Mopower »
Go BIG or go home!

Purple44

Deluxe Edition has been available right from the start. And even if it wasn't there was the Deluxe Edition upgrade that was added slightly later.

Janne, what does the email look like? I have just finally logged onto Wreckfest since before release. Would like to drive the only Mopar inspired car you have...

Sent ya a Steam chat message Mo, but you was offline by then.

Mopower

Janne, what does the email look like? I have just finally logged onto Wreckfest since before release. Would like to drive the only Mopar inspired car you have...

Sent ya a Steam chat message Mo, but you was offline by then.
Thanks
Go BIG or go home!