Author Topic: The game is a bit inconsistent. (SUSPENSION HEIGHT)  (Read 505 times)

Eggtooth

Yes me again, I am gonna point out how game is inconsistent now.

It's all because of car suspension being freakishly adjusted for each car (for whatever reason), while Ai still uses old presets.

Bugbear, why did you adjust the suspension of cars, often raising rear higher than front? It doesn't look cool tbh. The worst kind of atrocity you commited with Warwagon, my favourite car. The suspension on that car is too high, makes the car look hilarously bad, and I just don't feel comfortable driving it anymore. Plus it takes away from the charm that Warwagon had, being taht heavy, bulky car.

Please Bugbear, bring back old suspension heights? Atleast if you can't, please add option to adjust suspension balance and height? This doesn't look too good now and I really wished you didn't touch it. Please.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 02:36:11 PM by Eggtooth »

Defectiv

Yeah I have to agree with this...
I could understand such a high suspension on a course like crash canyon but even the lowest setting is still high when driving on a tarmac track.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 09:55:27 AM by Defectiv »

Merhunes Dagon

Agree too, some cars are so high, for example, the rear of the backer car is so high, it's a 4x4 not anymore a beautiful dodge charger... I don't like these suspension... But some cars have the same suspension as in early acces, the roadslayer for example, and this is good !
The pb is it's not a high priority for BugBear because they just released the game, so I hope a small update will come to fix this soon !

Defectiv

I don't have that many cars yet but the rocket isn't as nice and the poor Killer Bee just look bizarre. The backer car does seem to be on leaf springs and very heavy offroad tires so maybe thats intentional :S

KingOfTheCakes

I've noticed this too. I genuinely don't understand why some cars are sat like they're set up for drag racing or have so much negative camber on the rear. Along with the pre-race tuning menu being completely buggy and hardly any paint/livery variety for some cars, the game still feels unfinished in places, but patches are to come later apparently.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 02:52:18 PM by KingOfTheCakes »
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Eggtooth

Please Bugbear, restore old suspension :c

Defectiv

Or give us two buttons!

> Realistic
> Comedy Capers

(just kidding, its Friday)

Tonza

I really like the way they look.

Kind of irrelevant to this topic, that what they do IRL too. To get as much weight on the rear wheels as possible

Eggtooth

But there are some of us who liked it originally. Option wouldn't hurt.

St. Jimmy

and the poor Killer Bee just look bizarre.
Google "jokkis fiat" and you'll see that it's pretty common to set up front end high up ;D
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Defectiv

Heheh, true true. Still, I get it for the fiat on very loose and bumpy ground but on a tarmac track? Even on gravel I've not seen a setup like that on any rally car (fiat included).

Maybe there should be a bit more of a visual different suspension setup between banger, rally and road racing?  A bit more than the five levels we have now. So on asphalt the car would be low and stiff, stable as possible, rally like mixed conditions, higher, but still looking like a stable car, wheels with a normal level of camber and so on. And on derby cars much higher with more camber.

Speedevil

I think they look really cool now. They have a lot more character that way. More in-depth tuning would be nice, but for now I enjoy the new setups.

Merhunes Dagon

I think add an option to set front and rear suspension would be better so everyone is happy !

Defectiv

Ok looking at the game now and not replying at work from memory I must admit... The rocket doesn't look as bad as I remembered.
Would still love a more tarmac looking option for the Killer Bee though :D

KingOfTheCakes

Sorry, my criticism is only of the cars that're sat high at the back. At the front it's not so bad because folk race cars do that it seems, it's doing it to the back end makes little sense. Hope that is fixed at least and that these changes are added to the AI eventually.
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS