Author Topic: Thoughts on career mode?  (Read 1705 times)

Purple44

I waited to final release to give career mode a go. I'm enjoying career mode after finishing my first Championship.  :D

Was not easy. Had to work for it and did a few restart of race. Racing against expert AI only got 3 golds. I'm sure glad I know the tracks or I maybe not finish Regional Juniors against expert AI. I'm using a Firefly and if I had not upgraded some parts to race parts ( save money to only buy race parts mostly ) and did the right tuning for the track, it would of been harder win some the later races I tried.

Now to go back and see if I can beat that Tristar in a 1 on 1 race this time.

Since 2005, I have only finish 2 racing game career modes, Flatout 1 and GRID 1. I'm thinking I may stick it out to the end and finish Wreckfest career mode before online racing draw me back.  :D

Edit: My C class 152 Firefly was still a bit slower than AI C class 164 Tristar, so last lap I had take him real wide win race by 50 yards.   ;)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 08:35:33 AM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Finsku

Career mode is challenging one with expert AI, and I like it!
Not too easy to get full points and every stars.

The career mode's visual update is very nice. I like a lot that old-ish, heavy sans serif fonts with high contrast colors with a scuffed look

TheEngiGuy

Career mode is challenging one with expert AI, and I like it!
Not too easy to get full points and every stars.

The career mode's visual update is very nice. I like a lot that old-ish, heavy sans serif fonts with high contrast colors with a scuffed look

Agreed, it does have personality.

Career mode is good enough and straight to the point, maybe a bit unbalanced with the upgrades.

Janne Suur-Näkki

AI upgrading their cars progressively is  something that we were wanting to implement but alas, in the end we simply ran out of time to get it done in time for the launch.

Paul_B

It's definitely more challenging now, gonna take some hard driving.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 1060 6gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel/ Thrustmaster  T3PA Pedals / Logitech G27 Shift

NicoP

AI upgrading their cars progressively is  something that we were wanting to implement but alas, in the end we simply ran out of time to get it done in time for the launch.

Will you do it latter before the x box and ps4 release ? I hope very much, i found no AI enough fast for me :(

TheEngiGuy

I just got in the Challengers championship and I'm glad to finally see longer races! Realistic damage makes everything much more challenging and seeing wrecked AI cars on track is a joy :D
AI performance (plus AI customization parts) is something that REALLY needs to be sorted out, since it's my only gripe with the career at the moment and maxing out the cars basically means cheating.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 06:56:58 PM by TheEngiGuy »

Zeron

I just wanted something very simple. The option to replay an event without reseting everything if I already got all the objectives and all points.

BrianUK

It's alright, nothing fantastic though. Serves the purpose of getting the player into the game, using various different cars and specs and giving them experience on the tracks.

It does start to get rather repetitive after a while though. I powered through the three first tiers, but the last two have become a bit of a chore. There also isn't enough alternative layouts of tracks to keep from having to re-use the same layouts so often.

mastergamer3548

I think that some of the stars are way to difficult to get while also getting the max amount of points.

ji1

hey bugbear, is this bonus target challenge supposed to be terrible? because its terrible

also why is realistic damage so horrificly unbalanced

KingOfTheCakes

Honestly, with the AI being incomplete (can't be helped, you had a deadline to meet) it's made career a grind imo. So in the end I just used the free market mod to get everything.

Also, the kamikaze dive they do to try and take the player out makes winning easier, because they usually miss and just crash out.
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

SpruceMoosey

I cant work out why I cant start this race

https://ibb.co/k6WcXy

The races with the 3 wheel car make me rage.   

So fucking stupid and annoying, I dunno if its cos I'm M&K but these thigs are near impossible to control and I just dont see the point.

Really really not liking the single player this time around, finding it very annoying, Liked it before however.

TBH im only doing it for the credits now to get some cars back for multiplayer, I guess I might resort to copying a save file.....

« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 10:39:44 AM by SpruceMoosey »

SpruceMoosey

Nevermind, I realised need european car aka killerbee and we have rocket instead now....

Purple44

Here video me winning career race with the Supervan vs all them Buses. Took about 13 tries. Twice I was in 1st by 4th lap, but then got spun around before I could finish the race!  :P

« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 09:45:41 AM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel