Author Topic: Thoughts on career mode?  (Read 3734 times)

RoccoTTS

Here video me winning career race with the Supervan vs all them Buses. Took about 13 tries. Twice I was in 1st by 4th lap, but then got spun around before I could finish the race!  :P

Well, for me it was one of the highlights of the career mode so far. It was difficult but it was hilarious. Everytime i failed, i couldn't stop laughing  :D
MSI INFINITE A 8RE  specs : Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz | NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 8GB | RAM 16GB DDR4 | Windows 10 64 bit
Thrustmaster TX base | F599XX EVO 30 Alcantara rim | T3PA pedals | Playseat Evolution Alcantara | Panasonic 50" 4K TV

Paul_B

Don't how you guys are doing it,  but I'm going 2 forward 3 back with career.  I've re-entered to gain some points an came out worst off  ::)
Last time round it felt like you were progressing but now it's just grinding. I'll keep at it but just doesn't feel as rewarding now.

Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 1060 6gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel/ Thrustmaster  T3PA PRO Pedals / Logitech G27 Shift/BBJ Button Box

Merhunes Dagon

Yeah supervan vs buses is so funny, but I win in 3 tries and expert/realistic damage, you only have to take the corner from inside and not from the outside or you get smash in a wall by 23 buses  :P, but it's harder when some buses wrecks are everywhere!

Maybe BB should add a reward at each end of champion ship like 15k or more.

Frisker

I hate the kamikaze AI. I was doing the 12 lap Motor City race on expert AI, and the first driver got bit of a head start so it took me around 3 laps to catch up to him, so when I finally did, at the first chicane, I forgot that I cant simply drive to their side. Just SLAM, off into wall I go, lose half of my cars's health. That's okay, I turn around, and get my position back since theres so many laps. Took me about 2 laps to get to 3rd, and at the same fucking spot, I forget it again. Slam. Critical damage, and my keyboard almost flew to the wall.

And sometimes the kamikaze really helps me, since quite often they also miss, giving me nice breathing room. This is not necessarily good thing.

Now  I don't mind rough racing in single player, but what I really don't like is that the AI almost always messes their own race just to run me off the road, and it makes zero sense!

And the majority of the races is too short, 3 laps is simply not enough. Especially in the short variations of the tracks.

Despite these problems, I still like the career mode, I'm currently in the Challengers one, and really enjoying them, the AI is finally starting to show some proper challenge, I find that I finish 5-8th way too often and that is a good thing.

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Purple44

Wish I would of to got to try 1he 12 lap Motor City version. Now I read it only 3 laps. Did Bugbear go to far in lowering laps? Would 6 laps been better?

I find I having to manage my money and have decide if I want by lost cost street parts to get a bit of speed boost or hold out and by racing parts when I got enough money? So far done it both ways, bought just race parts for one car and cheap street parts for my current car to save my cash.

I like this, making career mode more interesting and had to swap out my derby parts for the Rammer, get car to go faster on the race track. :)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

I just unlock bus in the destroy all supervans challenge in the Challengers section, for those wanting to know how to unlock your own bus. Need to wreck at least 8 supervans, I wrecked them all before they could finish the race!! :))

Majatek was last supervan going. I had to catch him down at the other loop and take him out. If I had not, I think Majatek was on his last lap and would of finish the race.

Also got some major Exp points too. :)

I tool video, but you all going have to wait until I do a video to recap me doing career mode, to see how I went about wrecking all the supervans! :P

Here a pic of the bus I unlocked:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 08:47:02 AM by Purple44 »

Multihog

AI upgrading their cars progressively is  something that we were wanting to implement but alas, in the end we simply ran out of time to get it done in time for the launch.
I hope this means you're working on it post-release. If not, then that's very unfortunate because upgrading the car as of now means becoming completely overpowered because the AI doesn't upgrade. It's borderline game-breaking and bogging down an otherwise great career mode.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 11:17:07 AM by Multihog »

vveyro

"Career mode+" perhaps?

Where AI upgrades their cars, and some special reward for completing it. Or simply selector in difficulty menu, and using it gives XP bonus
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 08:05:59 PM by vveyro »

GaBacon

I am very new and i have done a few races but i cant complete the challenges... Spin out 3 cars  xD
Im not sure how i suppose.

Purple44

I am very new and i have done a few races but i cant complete the challenges... Spin out 3 cars  xD

When it comes to challenges, if I try to hard get the bonus, it may cost me to much in my finish the race position.

I could pick up the spin 3 cars bonus, but I may finish 15th and cost me a lot of exp points. If the spin 3 cars bonus is in a heat race, I been able to pick up the 3 spins in the first 2 races and still qualify for the final and race for a good finish position.

Multihog

When it comes to challenges, if I try to hard get the bonus, it may cost me to much in my finish the race position.

I could pick up the spin 3 cars bonus, but I may finish 15th and cost me a lot of exp points. If the spin 3 cars bonus is in a heat race, I been able to pick up the 3 spins in the first 2 races and still qualify for the final and race for a good finish position.
The main problem is that the races are too short. 3 short laps don't give you enough time to finish the challenges and finish in a decent position. Regardless of that, I think the races are too short anyway.

SpruceMoosey

Haha yep, I'm only running on novice to fill up my garage, and with realistic dmg, its very hard to spin out 3 cars, between the kamikaze drivers.

I usually try but have finished a lot of races on less than 5 hp, a few on 1 hp lol.

PS: is it certain events that give car rewards, like the Boomer rs from the pro internationals underdog challenge, or is it random rewards?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 04:05:04 AM by SpruceMoosey »

Frisker

Haha yep, I'm only running on novice to fill up my garage, and with realistic dmg, its very hard to spin out 3 cars, between the kamikaze drivers.

I usually try but have finished a lot of races on less than 5 hp, a few on 1 hp lol.

PS: is it certain events that give car rewards, like the Boomer rs from the pro internationals underdog challenge, or is it random rewards?

You get a car on specific events, like the Underdog challenge. It tells you whether you get reward or not somewhere in the bottom right of the screen as you highlight the event.

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

CFodder

Here video me winning career race with the Supervan vs all them Buses. Took about 13 tries. Twice I was in 1st by 4th lap, but then got spun around before I could finish the race!  :P
I had about 3 coronaries and the kids had to use the defib on me before I could finish that bloody race. I know I'm a crap driver but damn - as a hint for others I found the Robin Reliant a lot easier to control in first person view.

I wasn't going to play career mode but as I wanted stuff (race parts) I have done part of the career mode and quite enjoy it. As others have said though some of the earlier races on the small tracks could/should go to 4/5 laps esp with the spin out stars.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 12:28:08 AM by CFodder »

Purple44

Today learn a new thing about unlocking some events. Been working on the Challengers section of career mode. Had done all events that were unlocked except the harvester one. Having hard time rolling over 3 harvesters in 3 mins. Still had 4 lock events, so was wondering why they still locked?

Seem an event will stay locked until you get a car that matches what you need for that race event. Now I got a Warwagon, 2 of the events are now unlocked. :)