Author Topic: Thoughts on career mode?  (Read 1724 times)

SpruceMoosey

Yar its quite confusing and not intuitive at all.     Thats definately a part of the game that should have easily been clarified with some notes before release.

I got stuck early, cos the change from killerbee, to the rocket meant a lot of the early races were still locked and I was all like "but I did them before".

Even now I'm finished it takes me a good look sometimes to work out what exactly to do.

Purple44

I'm at LVL 31 ( EX. 573767 ) and have all the cars unlock but the Speedemon.

Have two more events to do in the 3rd tier: Challengers.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

I just went to go buy a KillerBee ( mini ) and I don't see the race version, KillerBee s in the Market. I also don't see race version of the other cars that got a race version. Did Bugbear drop the racing versions of the Killerbee, Rammer, RoadSlayer and Boomer?

Edit:  Hmm, I just notice I still have the Rammer in the Market, but I unlock this car. I go check and it the Rammer RS in my garage. So does that mean you have to unlock these racing version cars doing the career mode?

Does this mean you can not get the racing versions if you just race online?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 11:50:24 AM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Zebulon55

I just went to go buy a KillerBee ( mini ) and I don't see the race version, KillerBee s in the Market. I also don't see race version of the other cars that got a race version. Did Bugbear drop the racing versions of the Killerbee, Rammer, RoadSlayer and Boomer?

I think you get the second version of rammer by completing that Ram it down (or whatever it's called ) special rammers only race. I assume you unlock the other second versions in other special races? I haven't won the Ram it down event yet.  :'(
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

CarnageRacing00

Some of the modes and tracks are too frustrating to be enjoyable.

For instance, the Combine or Bus deathmatch Derbies- The fact that it's deathmatch and you're required to knock out at least 3 competitors means that it is very common for AI to steal your knock outs. For example, you've just full-tracked another competitor, knocked off a huge chunk of health but they have a sliver remaining - along comes an AI and brushes against them, taking all the credit for the knock out. And then they respawn with full health and you have to try to find someone else who is barely clinging on to hopefully deal the final blow to.

It's just frustrating and it takes the fun out of it. I'm not saying it shouldn't be challenging - Last Man Standing derbies are challenging, because you have to use strategy, and a good strategy is rewarded with success. Deathmatch derbies in slow, lumbering vehicles that handle like the steering wheel is sending a telegram to the wheels is just a chore. The Career mode derbies should ALL be Last Man Standing, OR the deathmatch derbies need to be decided on TOTAL DAMAGE DEALT, not number of knock-outs.

SpruceMoosey

Does this mean you can not get the racing versions if you just race online?

Looks like it

Janne Suur-Näkki

Yes, that's correct.

Frisker

Yes, that's correct.

Are there any differences between the normal and racing versions of the cars other than some visuals?

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Janne Suur-Näkki

They are different cars, so yes, but whether the difference is major an entirely different question. The race versions also start from a higher class.

Heddly

I feel cheated that players have to complete career mode to obtain all cars. I have never liked career mode in any of my games, I prefer to play online and don't want to resort to spending my time to unlock all of the content that I paid for. Let us earn xp and cash as a requirement instead of jumping through hoops to reach the requirements please.

SpruceMoosey

Career mode progression is not logged and is a local save file. 

The way I read it, is that career mode is only a choice.    However, I enjoyed it first time about, and learn't the tracks a lot better from it so at least I am not fighting at the back of the pack every race like new players are in whatever car they drive.

I don't think its against any rules to grab a save file from a mate!

Frisker

Career mode progression is not logged and is a local save file. 

The way I read it, is that career mode is only a choice.    However, I enjoyed it first time about, and learn't the tracks a lot better from it so at least I am not fighting at the back of the pack every race like new players are in whatever car they drive.

I don't think its against any rules to grab a save file from a mate!

I believe this is a very valid workaround for people who don't like to spend time unlocking things.

I in the other hand enjoy the career mode and unlocking things by myself, but I don't see a problem for people getting savegame from a friend/Steam Workshop to save them the trouble.

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM