Author Topic: Quality of Life Ideas  (Read 523 times)

Master

General Gameplay
Add the position Number next to the car name when name tags are on in the race. This allows you to see if they are lap traffic without having to read their name and check the relative box.

Increase the relative box to 2 cars ahead and 2 cars behind plus top 3. That is only 7 cars and it wont clutter the box. Reduce or move the current position info in needed.

Grid order: set by admin, first come, power, reverse power, finish, reverse finish

Option to increase the time on track before green light.

Ability to arrange your cars in your garage. Region, Type, Driver, Rating.
Ability to favorite cars so they start on the far left.

Option for cars that are flipped over or that have not moved for a few minutes to receive DNFs. 30s 60s 90s 120s

Mirrors or display or trackir. The biggest thing missing is a mirror. I know a lot of these series in real life dont allow mirrors but you need some way to see the car behind/beside you. I race strictly in first person and it is hard to know when a car is pushing you or when its not safe to switch lanes. The game engine probably wont allow mirrors else we would already have them. But what about a top down display like helicorsa or what some other games use. Just something to show a car near your rear quarter panel before you turn across their hood. Another solution would be to allow head tracking like trackir or VR.

Start numbering bots at player #30. This way they always land on the bottom of the list when players join. The bots are always ready and it is a pita to scroll the list to check if people are changing cars

New Vehicles
Short Bus. Half the length of the school bus.
Truck with boat trailer or hauler trailer
Offroad buggie or those mini rally trucks

Tracks
More tracks like Crash Canyon. It get the most use by far from my group since it was added to the beta a while back.

Some ideas for it: smooth pavement, dirt with no jumps on straight, different jumps, replace jumps with woops closer together
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 09:48:19 AM by Master »

Master

There should also be server options for forcing driving aids on/off/half for each of the aids. The aids significantly change how fast the cars are on track and there is no way to view which aids what player is running.

Also there should be a way to force first person view on server to prevent people from abusing 3rd person.

Take the car numbers off the paint layer and add another layer that lets you set the number yourself.

DLC: If you add DLC for the love of god dont split the community. Tracks should be free. Cars should be able to drive against if someone doesnt own them. If you make the tracks DLC own only and the cars only able to be driven if everyone on the server owns them... then you will kill the community.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 03:29:18 AM by Master »

Purple44

There should also be server options for forcing driving aids on/off/half for each of the aids. The aids significantly change how fast the cars are on track and there is no way to view which aids what player is running.

Also there should be a way to force first person view on server to prevent people from abusing 3rd person.

Take the car numbers off the paint layer and add another layer that lets you set the number yourself.

Using assists online been discuss a few times in the forum.

I would like to see a symbol next to player name to indicate if player is using assists. Might encourage more players to use no assists.  :)

If a KB player, might be pretty tough to play Wreckfest without a little help.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Master

Mirrors... been driving the muddigger and the mirror on the left driver's side works! it's just really blurry and dirty. If the side mirror can work why cant we have a rear view mirror or a virtual mirror?

Defectiv

Nascar style virtual mirror would be so excellent.
CPU: i7-7700 Mem: 32gb GFX: GTX 1080ti OS: W10x64

Frisker

Rear view mirror can be quite taxing on performance, (or atleast I think I remember Bugbear saying something like that) but why not do something like this then? It's not the prettiest solution, but atleast you'd see who's behind you. In NFS Hot Pursuit it only shows sorta siluettes of the cars, not full detail, so it should be doable without much performance loss even on weaker systems.

https://imgur.com/a/BSsvcXl
https://imgur.com/a/WnWxUF5
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 01:23:40 AM by Frisker »

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Defectiv

Of course a mirror steals performance but most racing games have rearview mirrors, some even have three part mirrors which each smaller side part showing a bit of whats near your rear quarter panels. And quite a few games have rear view and working side mirrors.
Quality levels could always be adjustable to help those that cant spare to loose too many fps. And that too is common since.. Well almost forever in racing sims.

Virtual mirrors like you showed are a good alternative too, easier to implement no doubt and do the job just perfectly.

Now I keep flicking around the view to see whats there but that has caused me to crash unintentionally more than once as you simply need a second longer to re-adjust than just glancing a mirror requires.
CPU: i7-7700 Mem: 32gb GFX: GTX 1080ti OS: W10x64

Frisker

The reason why I think it might not be possible to do real mirrors in WF is because of all the carnage happening on the screen, and with mirrors they have to be rendered twice. In most racing sims the crash physics are not that advanced, and Wreckfest has shit ton of stuff flying around and that takes a toll on most systems, especially when it's rendered twice. Of course what helps is that the engine seems to be optimized pretty well, I get pretty stable 50-60 FPS on high settings on 1080p with my GTX 750.

But now don't get me wrong, I would love real mirrors way over virtual ones, obviously. And the quality levels are a good idea, there could even be 4 levels of quality, high, medium, low and virtual. That way everyone gets mirrors but nobody loses performance.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 02:16:35 PM by Frisker »

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Master

Load up the muddigger and watch the left hand mirror. it is already showing what is behind you (cars/track info) it is just got a coating of Vaseline on it making it impossible to use. But it is mirroring something already.

Oh yea... as for more QoL things...

Let up have more than one of each vehicle. I'd like to set up some vehicles for each class and one for derbies so I dont have to switch on/off in multiplayer if I want to drive the same car.

Let us upgrade the Bus! I want a real battle bus! or a drag bus! We also need more paints for the bus.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 02:54:06 AM by Master »

Merhunes Dagon

Well mirror is a good idea BUT don't get me wrong, what is the goal of mirrors in Wreckfest if at the 1st crash it goes ? And if he doesn't, it is break too so it's a bit useless. It will be usefull only few seconds and sometimes less than 10 sec because everyone know that in the beginning, there are a lot of contact.

Youarie

Hey, wat About 8Bit mirrows? XD a mirrow with a

ooo0ooo0ooo0ooo0ooo0ooo0ooo0ooo0

32x4 pixel sreen, and     ooooo                                                      and wenn its fahr away, it skal smaler                                                oo         oooo
                                   o       o                                                                                                                                o      oo     oooo   o    o     o       o
sweet 8b cars               oooooo                                                                                                                  o    oo   ooo   oooo   oooo   ooooo    oooooo
in ther                         oo    oo        :D      and wen they 3meter behind you the car is blinking                                                     o   o    o    o    oo    oo

Frisker

Hey, wat About 8Bit mirrows? XD a mirrow with a

32x4 pixel sreen, and     ooooo                                                      and wenn its fahr away, it skal smaler                                                oo         oooo
                                   o       o                                                                                                                                o      oo     oooo   o    o     o       o
sweet 8b cars               oooooo                                                                                                                  o    oo   ooo   oooo   oooo   ooooo    oooooo
in ther                         oo    oo        :D      and wen they 3meter behind you the car is blinking                                                     o   o    o    o    oo    oo

omg yes

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM