Author Topic: Game Freezes on Map Load  (Read 297 times)

Hey
After trying a fresh install I am still unable to join any server or SP running 32bit or 64Bit. On the loading screen the game just freezes. Under processes the CPU usage for Wreckfest goes to 0%.

i76700k
MSI Z270 Gaming M7
MSI 1080 ti

Any ideas?

Thanks

sam223

Possibly related to read/write speed of HDD?
Try lower resolution in game and lower texture quality,shadows and other real time post processing effects off.See if that helps
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Kliptick

Same issue here.  I have the settings all set to high instead of ultra and it just sits there and says updating cars.  On the beta version I had no problems. running with all the settings on ultra.  Looking for some suggestions.

Thanks

Purple44

Here my post on doing a true fresh install of Wreckfest:

Quote from: Purple44;355043117530027775
Quote from: treadiculous;355043117529338135
3 recent updates and I still can't play!

I used to have no problems...

now I can get to the garage but when I click 'go race' I get the little 'windows 64 has stopped working' box.

running in 32 has the same issue.

all mods are disabled.

I've uninstalled and re-installed.

I'm running:
i5 ivybridge @310ghz (350ghz)
8gb Ram
Geforce GTX 970

help?

But have you done a true fresh install of Wreckfest?

Do the Steam uninstall of Wreckfest.

Then go to Wreckfest install folder ( make a shortcut to it before doing the uninstall ), Steam\steamapps\common\Bugbear Entertainment and delete the whole \Bugbear Entertainment  folder to make sure there no files left behind. It been posted that the Steam uninstall does not delete everything and these left over files can cause a problem.

Then need to remove the user data generated by the previous game versions by navigating to [STEAM INSTALLATION FOLDER]/userdata/[USER ID]/228380/local and removing or renaming the folder labeled 'wreckfest'. The default Steam installation folder is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam'. This get rid of config, career and modlist files.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Here my post on doing a true fresh install of Wreckfest:

Quote from: Purple44;355043117530027775
Quote from: treadiculous;355043117529338135
3 recent updates and I still can't play!

I used to have no problems...

now I can get to the garage but when I click 'go race' I get the little 'windows 64 has stopped working' box.

running in 32 has the same issue.

all mods are disabled.

I've uninstalled and re-installed.

I'm running:
i5 ivybridge @310ghz (350ghz)
8gb Ram
Geforce GTX 970

help?

But have you done a true fresh install of Wreckfest?

Do the Steam uninstall of Wreckfest.

Then go to Wreckfest install folder ( make a shortcut to it before doing the uninstall ), Steam\steamapps\common\Bugbear Entertainment and delete the whole \Bugbear Entertainment  folder to make sure there no files left behind. It been posted that the Steam uninstall does not delete everything and these left over files can cause a problem.

Then need to remove the user data generated by the previous game versions by navigating to [STEAM INSTALLATION FOLDER]/userdata/[USER ID]/228380/local and removing or renaming the folder labeled 'wreckfest'. The default Steam installation folder is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam'. This get rid of config, career and modlist files.

Thanks but did not work.

The support team are ignoring my emails now. Not herd from them since I started this thread. Any idea how to get a refund?

Purple44

Bugbear Devs are on summer vacation. Some them may start showing up at the studio here shortly.

Only refund that possibly is the Steam refund. If you have not played Wreckfest for more than 2 hours and it not over 2 weeks since you bought the game, you can get a refund from Steam.

Did you look through my Solution thread above? Might find something else to try.

Bugbear Devs are on summer vacation. Some them may start showing up at the studio here shortly.

Only refund that possibly is the Steam refund. If you have not played Wreckfest for more than 2 hours and it not over 2 weeks since you bought the game, you can get a refund from Steam.

Did you look through my Solution thread above? Might find something else to try.

Hey, Ok might explain why there has been no response. But its been a while. Ill wait a bit longer. Didn't purchase through stream. Think it was G2A. But got it when it was in Alpha. But now the game is fully released it does not work.

If I get a reply from the devs soon then ill continue to try and get it to work. But I would expect a refund if the full game did not work.

And yeah. Tried other support posts... I have reinstalled the game from scratch with no left over files. So not much more I can really do. No issues with any other games. Just this one. Must be an issue with the game.

Still no reply from their support. Really really bad.

Purple44

No anti virus causing a problem?

Have you tried unplugging all extra USB devices expect KB and mouse and when setup window come up before Wreckfest start that first time, did you leave the default settings game pick for you computer, alone? Don't make any changes.

No anti virus causing a problem?

Have you tried unplugging all extra USB devices expect KB and mouse and when setup window come up before Wreckfest start that first time, did you leave the default settings game pick for you computer, alone? Don't make any changes.

All tried.

Just tried again and it crashed in the main menu.

Game just does not work. Nothing wrong with my PC.