Author Topic: Dedicated Server Options  (Read 257 times)

CFodder

Here's just a few ideas re admin options for the ded servers:

Resets
I've already covered that in another post so I won't repeat myself but they really do need to be looked at, it's a real pain with them being currently unworkable http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,11112.0.html

Voting
As an admin would like the option in the config as to whether we enable voting or not and if it is on be able to decide what can be voted on:
  • Kick players, and/or
  • Go to next track (if a rotation is set), and/or
  • Select a track from the track list

Admins Moderators
Please make the admins impervious to being kick or banned  and moderators impervious to being banned if voting is allowed for this well.

Admin/Moderator/Other Rights
Add a bit more granularity to the access levels , would propose to have three:
  • Admin - stay as it is
  • Moderator - remove ban ability, leave with kick only, add ability to change tracks/options and add function to start timer when they ready up as per Admins
  • Well not really sure what I'd call this category tbh lol but would just use it for anyone added to this list to start the timer when they ready up as per Admins
Be good to be able to add the above via SteamID's in the config as per admins.

Health/Damage Bars
Please, please, please, please give us the option as to whether we display them or not.

Reserve Slots
Well not really reserved slots but in either the config or a separate file be able to set a list of players (SteamID's) who should always be able to get onto a server and if they try to join it will automatically kick any racers not on the list to make room. Admins and moderators should be automatically included in this list.

Sepctator slots
Be able to set a defined number of slots as spectator only ones, these would obviously take away from the maximum players able to race i.e. 24 slot server with 2 spectator slots would mean a maximum of 22 racers. This would be particularly useful for making videos and for commentating any events.

Well that's all for now and if anyone else has any refinements to the above then please post :).

audiopathik

Is it currently possible to restrict vehicles to say Lawn Mower and SuperVan or any other cominbation?

And is it possible to allow Harvesters/Schoolbus but restrict either or both to a maximum of say 2 per match?

I have been looking for these and would like to see these configurations available.

Finsku

Is it currently possible to restrict vehicles to say Lawn Mower and SuperVan or any other cominbation?

And is it possible to allow Harvesters/Schoolbus but restrict either or both to a maximum of say 2 per match?

I have been looking for these and would like to see these configurations available.

Yes, and no. If you don't want to see special vehicles, you can disable them from conf file. Should be found with "special_vehicle" or "special" words. But if you want to disable specific vehicles, for example only school bus, it's not possible.

You can set what cars players could select, for example max B class, which means players can take every car from D to B class (if special vehicles are enabled).

So yeah, you can't set a maximum number how many specific cars players could select (for example max 2 per match).

Stoney

I could happily second most of these ideas, and would like to add some of my own wishes for the dedicated server:

* Possibility to choose between random grids and choices such as reverse grids or the ability to manually set a grid.
* Possibility to restart the race / force end the race and drop back to the lobby
* Possibility to force dnf / spectate drivers (for league administrators and race directors) not to be abused obviously!
* Possibility to set the level of bots in server (this seems to be missing or not documented) but the option exists in-game
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 04:47:33 AM by Stoney »
getWrecked (Every Friday) @ WreckNET.co.uk